Importing Car Back to Malaysia

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
A 928 go for 4K-10K. Classic 911 maybe 20K-30K. Testarossa is higher about 50K for a 99% perfect one. A local dealer has a black one for sale a while back and it is beautiful. Wish I could afford that. I don't think there are many Testarossa in MY.
Yup, those days a million is hard to come by, not nowadays. Plenty of Ferrari here now, not mentioning the other makes....:burnout:

pwhyze

500 RPM
Mar 1, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
Hmmm..I think current value is not what they look at, but the original selling price. They also take into account the year of manufacture, the older it is, the cheaper the tax. I have no idea how they adjust for inflation and such though.

Around 200% seems to be the common figure, based on what my friends and I paid for tax. Saying that, I assume shipping from the US should cost more.

leonl

Known Member
Aug 16, 2009
USA
Assume total shipped is about 70K USD. It will be 214270 ringgit. I don't think that is worth it. I would buy a condo instead.

---------- Post added at 09:12 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:11 AM ----------

Happy Thanksgiving everyone.

leonl

Known Member
Aug 16, 2009
USA
Condo in MY starts 300K ?? Really?

---------- Post added at 09:36 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:35 AM ----------

So, I may be car-less and home-less when I get back :(

leonl

Known Member
Aug 16, 2009
USA
Wow. I am suprised. Didn't know that real estate went up that much in MY. I better work harder now and save up :)

---------- Post added at 10:28 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 10:09 AM ----------

Back to the topic. Is E36 or E46 M3 common car in MY. How much are they going for?

pwhyze: Is your Honda type R (civic or integra ?)

---------- Post added at 10:33 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 10:28 AM ----------

Yup, those days a million is hard to come by, not nowadays. Plenty of Ferrari here now, not mentioning the other makes....:burnout:
You know, that is true. There are many more million & billion aires today then before. I need 48 hours day, maybe I can make it working a few jobs. Better yet, maybe I can design a supercar for Proton and make a few bucks.

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Condo in MY starts 300K ?? Really?

---------- Post added at 09:36 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:35 AM ----------

So, I may be car-less and home-less when I get back :(
Probably can start with an apartment......:biggrin:
Landed property even worse.
Probably have followed car prices upwards.....:banghead:

leonl

Known Member
Aug 16, 2009
USA
Probably can start with an apartment......:biggrin:
Landed property even worse.
Probably have followed car prices upwards.....:banghead:
No matter what. Needs a place to stay first before thinking about car. Still have to decide what to do (job) back home. It is difficult to work for someone when you already on your own for a while. We will see. I think I will just sell all the cars here and get one in MY after settled down with a place to stay. Maybe someone here has a room to rent cheap :)

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Any reasons for your return? If not, can continue, if you are comfortably earning a living there....

leonl

Known Member
Aug 16, 2009
USA
Any reasons for your return? If not, can continue, if you are comfortably earning a living there....
Love it here, perfect place for a car guy like me. I have had so much fun so far, autox & track days keep me going. At the end of the day, family is back home in MY. Cost of living is lower back home too.

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Love it here, perfect place for a car guy like me. I have had so much fun so far, autox & track days keep me going. At the end of the day, family is back home in MY. Cost of living is lower back home too.
Okay, means had your fun and now have to go back to reality........:biggrin:

pwhyze

500 RPM
Mar 1, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
Just wondering, are you eligible for AP? How long have you been in the States?

A performance car is pretty much a privilege over here, not a lot of people get to experience it. It's definitely not as accessible as it is overseas, what with the different rules and tax regulations. So if it's possible financially, I highly recommend you to bring a car home. After all, it'd be bloody damn difficult going from a Porsche to 660cc Perodua Viva. Worse comes to worse, you'd still be able to sell it to earn a profit and buy/rent a property. Just my 2cents.

By the way, to answer you, any M3 is a pretty rare over here. Lots of wannabes, but that shouldn't put you off. BMW M cars are fantastic machines. I like the E30 M3 the most though..haha..

Mine is an old honda only. Even my GF was shocked at the buruk-ness, lol. No regrets though! :proud:

leonl

Known Member
Aug 16, 2009
USA
Just wondering, are you eligible for AP? How long have you been in the States?

A performance car is pretty much a privilege over here, not a lot of people get to experience it. It's definitely not as accessible as it is overseas, what with the different rules and tax regulations. So if it's possible financially, I highly recommend you to bring a car home. After all, it'd be bloody damn difficult going from a Porsche to 660cc Perodua Viva. Worse comes to worse, you'd still be able to sell it to earn a profit and buy/rent a property. Just my 2cents.

By the way, to answer you, any M3 is a pretty rare over here. Lots of wannabes, but that shouldn't put you off. BMW M cars are fantastic machines. I like the E30 M3 the most though..haha..

Mine is an old honda only. Even my GF was shocked at the buruk-ness, lol. No regrets though! :proud:
I have been here long enough to know at least half of Americans in US :biggrin:

I like your idea of the car being rare in MY and may be profitable. Being left hand drive, I am not sure if that will reduce the buyer. Also, the road tax will be quite stiff at least for 2 years before I can sell it. I will definitely play with this idea for a while to see what is the out come.

I have a E36 M3 now, love it. Put a smile on my face every time I drove it. I missed out on an E30 M3 a few years ago and really regretted it. That was right before the price of E30 when sky rocketed. A nice E30 M3 is about 20K. A nice LTW (lightweight) E36 M3 is about 30K.

Ha ha. At least she stay with you after seeing what you brought back :biggrin:

Thanks for the info though. Really appreciate it.