How to change the Wira antenna?

wmfei

Aug 19, 2006
Hi, I need a help over here. My Wira antenna is spoil and I wish to replace it with a new one. I bought the antenna already, but when I want to pull the antenna out from the pillar (above the driver seat), I found the antenna is stuck with something, which I think it is a cable. I found the antenna cable that connected to the CD player also. So, how can we remove the antenna from outside while the cable is routed thru the dashboard to connect with the CD player? Can anyone help to guide me on the step to replace the antenna?

Thanks in advance.

DarkAccoon

500 RPM
Nov 18, 2003
cut the old antenna cable from beneath ur dashboard
then u can pull the antenna out already
also do trim about 4 inches off ur new antenna ( just the white plastic covering the cable ) else u will have a hard time later on

stuffing in the new antenna needs a little bit of trick, unfortunately i can't remember how i did mine already
cheers mate

wmfei

Aug 19, 2006
so do I need to remove the dashboard? How to do that?

DarkAccoon said:
cut the old antenna cable from beneath ur dashboard
then u can pull the antenna out already
also do trim about 4 inches off ur new antenna ( just the white plastic covering the cable ) else u will have a hard time later on

stuffing in the new antenna needs a little bit of trick, unfortunately i can't remember how i did mine already
cheers mate

sakuraguy

5,000 RPM
Nov 4, 2004
Sendai, JAPAN.
www.zerotohundred.com
No! .. DarkAccoon you are wrong .. wmfei, dont cut ure antenna.

Unscrew the roof mount, remove the side (right) body frame cover and u will see the antena wiring .. follow the wire path ( DO NOT PULL THE CABLE!). The cable will follow u to underneath dashboard (NO NEED REMOVE DASHBOARD!) which will u see the connector of antena. remove it the only pull the antena cable from side body frame path.

the same method on putting back.

PS: why ure antena spoilt? .. its rare for a antena spoiling. maybe ure connection loose or wat. check it bro.

thnx

wmfei

Aug 19, 2006
first the antenna cannot be retrenched, and now the whole antenna dropped into the roof mount. See photo. I notice the radio reception is not good, therefore I decided to change it. I know it is a rare case.

Okay, back to the installation. How to remove the side body frame cover ?

Just another question, I measured the connectivity between the antenna and the connector at the CD player and it is opened. The new antenna that I bought also the same. It is normal?

sakuraguy said:
No! .. DarkAccoon you are wrong .. wmfei, dont cut ure antenna.

Unscrew the roof mount, remove the side (right) body frame cover and u will see the antena wiring .. follow the wire path ( DO NOT PULL THE CABLE!). The cable will follow u to underneath dashboard (NO NEED REMOVE DASHBOARD!) which will u see the connector of antena. remove it the only pull the antena cable from side body frame path.

the same method on putting back.

PS: why ure antena spoilt? .. its rare for a antena spoiling. maybe ure connection loose or wat. check it bro.

thnx

sakuraguy

5,000 RPM
Nov 4, 2004
Sendai, JAPAN.
www.zerotohundred.com
Yes .. normal. U know the frame cover, where ppl will put turbo meter and such meters? .. tats the frame panel, u can use flat surfaced screwdriver or a test pen and remove it, it will seem like hard but actually not, dont worry, it wont break.U from penang? .. aiya if u from klang or shah alam .. i can help u :)

wmfei

Aug 19, 2006
Hi Sakuraguy, are you referring to the front panel where the air cond ventilation and swithes are located like photo below? I know how to remove this one. So speedometer no need to remove right?

Last edited:

DarkAccoon

500 RPM
Nov 18, 2003
sorry sorry, some may have misunderstood me
i meant cut the antenna cable from beneath ur dashboard
since ur new antenna has a cable already, u dun really want to have the old cable there rite, and for easier de-installation, just cut the cable

installation wise, main cucuk lar, or at least that's how i did mine
u cucuk the new antenna in the same place as ur old one, and then try to locate the cable from the bottom right of ur A-pillar
once u get that cable, all u need to do is just pull it to ur player and wah lah
dunnit to take out the top part of ur centre console ( the plastic piece with the termostat there )
where are u located, maybe me and sakuraguy can help u
i changed mine last year, so i kinda know how to do it, but maybe my method is different from others

p.s, my old antenna is now stuck to a flower pot to ensure the plant grows straight up
=P

wmfei

Aug 19, 2006
nope, I have no idea where you are referring. I posted my car photo, can you help to point out where is it and how to remove it?

I know how to remove the ventilation panel and the center console only. I dun know how to remove the pillar cover.

sakuraguy said:
no ... right hand side of ure steering.. u know where people will put all those racing meters?

wmfei

Aug 19, 2006
DarkAccoon, thanks for your help. Looks like i have two "sifu" now. I am new to DIY, but I am learning now. I dun want to cut the antenna cable because I want to learn how to uninstall the antenna and install the antenna without damage any parts.

By the way, I really cannot understand where is "bottom right of ur A-pillar". Can you let me know how to reach it (properly by remove some of the hidden parts) ? I guess your way is the shortcut way where relocate the antenna cable under the dashboard open area (where you can see the cables to CD player directly), right?

DarkAccoon said:
sorry sorry, some may have misunderstood me
i meant cut the antenna cable from beneath ur dashboard
since ur new antenna has a cable already, u dun really want to have the old cable there rite, and for easier de-installation, just cut the cable

installation wise, main cucuk lar, or at least that's how i did mine
u cucuk the new antenna in the same place as ur old one, and then try to locate the cable from the bottom right of ur A-pillar
once u get that cable, all u need to do is just pull it to ur player and wah lah
dunnit to take out the top part of ur centre console ( the plastic piece with the termostat there )
where are u located, maybe me and sakuraguy can help u
i changed mine last year, so i kinda know how to do it, but maybe my method is different from others

p.s, my old antenna is now stuck to a flower pot to ensure the plant grows straight up
=P

DarkAccoon

500 RPM
Nov 18, 2003
nope, dun need to take out the A-pillar cover, the hole is just beneath the steering

there is a mounting point for ur front door rite, the hole is just next to it on the inner side of the car, u will see lots of cables there
yeah, wait, u have to remove the plastic cover on the bottom
will post a picture if i remember to take them tomolo for u

wmfei

Aug 19, 2006
Hi Sakuraguy, so it is mean that pillar = frame cover?

sakuraguy said:
pillar .. u can remove using flat screw driver ... its just clipped on

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi all,
I am new member in Zth and a proud owner of Iswara Aeroback LMSS ....
I wondering if anyone have suggestion on the tyre rotation and care.
How about balancing and alignment ?
The basic question is when should be done ..... ?? :ph34r: :ph34r: :blink: :blink:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience