How to change the bulb for Aircond switch?

wmfei

Aug 19, 2006
Hi, my wira aircond switch light is gone oledi. I remove the switch from the front panel and i cannot find a way to open it. I scare to damge it because there are a few hooks oledi broken on the front panel. Anybody can help ?

DarkAccoon

500 RPM
Nov 18, 2003
first of all,

not to discourage u or anything
but i dun think u are suited for DIY
since DIY requires lots of guts and are able to accept mistakes that might break a thing or two
but heck, i could be wrong

okay, now back to the topic
just use a small flat head screw driver ( and i mean smaller than testpen )
and put the screw driver into the part where it clips, wah lah, one side out, now use another screw driver for the other side and wah lah, both side is out
then u can just pull it out of the switch already
do becareful considering the fact that there is springs inside ( two springs to be exact )

and switches uses a micro small bulb
do get that ready

i couldn't find the correct size with the correct bracket, but then i found the correct size without the bracket
i will leave it up to ur imagination to figure out how to fix the bulb ya

wmfei

Aug 19, 2006
Hi, I opened the switch oledi, may I know where you find that small bulb and how is the price? Do u know the voltage rating for it? This type of bulb is quite small and I dun think it is easy to find in the conventional electronic shop.

DarkAccoon said:
first of all,

not to discourage u or anything
but i dun think u are suited for DIY
since DIY requires lots of guts and are able to accept mistakes that might break a thing or two
but heck, i could be wrong

okay, now back to the topic
just use a small flat head screw driver ( and i mean smaller than testpen )
and put the screw driver into the part where it clips, wah lah, one side out, now use another screw driver for the other side and wah lah, both side is out
then u can just pull it out of the switch already
do becareful considering the fact that there is springs inside ( two springs to be exact )

and switches uses a micro small bulb
do get that ready

i couldn't find the correct size with the correct bracket, but then i found the correct size without the bracket
i will leave it up to ur imagination to figure out how to fix the bulb ya

SkYwAlKeR

Over 10,000 RPM!
Mar 12, 2005
ePoh ~ malacca
Visit site
should also be using 12v..... mayb smaller wattage...

check the printing at the bulb... mayb got tell it using what wattage....

wmfei

Aug 19, 2006
nope, it is no voltage/wattage indication of the bulb. I checked and there is no break of the filament. However, i found that the aircond switch, emergency switch and defog switch all no light. I suspect this is not the bulb problem. Anybody know where the fuse for these light?

DarkAccoon

500 RPM
Nov 18, 2003
just take the bulb to jalan pasar, tell them that u want to buy a bulb of similiar size
of course the mounting will be a bit tricky

what i did was use a tweezer and untanggle the original bulb from the bracket ( the soft rubber thingy attached to the bulb ), then just tanggle back the new bulb into it
wah lah, kau tim

as for the fuse, just look under ur dashboard, there is a fuse box to the right side rite, if not mistaken, the fuse is labelled as Gauge as it shares the same line as ur meter lights

wmfei

Aug 19, 2006
well, I stay in Penang... Jalan pasar is the place to sell electronic components? How much you bought it?

It should be no problem to fix the bulb. i just want to find out whether the bulb is the problem or not. If it is cheap enough, then no harm to buy one and try.

If the fuse share the same line with meter lights, then it should be the bulb. But I need to verify it... Now I let the switch hanging first because I need to fix the panel back. Will look for the bulb...

DarkAccoon

500 RPM
Nov 18, 2003
i got mine for around 50 cents a piece
and yes, 12V 5W bulbs should be the correct rating
or just show it to the shop owner, they would know
but i wonder where on earth can u get those bulbs in penang
ehehe

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

why compare dimensions with wira??

doesnt the gen2 have longer wheelbase than waja??

im confused..
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience