How to DIY change distributor from contact point to cdi?

Apr 19, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
HI guys, now my kancil is using contact point type distributor, i wanted to change to electronic type, do i need to buy new coil or use back old coil, old coil got resistor with it, any1 know how to change?

Just buy a new electronic type distributor and plug and play only or still need to modify the wiring?

Rleo6965

Known Member
Jun 22, 2012
Philippines
You can still use your old ignition coil. You can removed resistor if required by your electronic distributor. Just keep in mind that the transistor or ic will replaced your old contact point. So follow the wiring instruction. Ignition coil spark voltage will be more higher because of very good switching electronic ignition system. No more poor contact for switching of ignition coil.

steven20

Apr 19, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
so how about the wiring, i notice there is 2 wires for resistor, and 2 wires for coil, so the wires for resistor do i need to seal it?

Rleo6965

Known Member
Jun 22, 2012
Philippines
Ooops. Sorry , I am not able to get back on your question. I did not receive email that you have posted a reply. Hope you already successfully installed your electronic distributor.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Following last year's successful MMU Drift Attack, MMU Engineering Society brings you MMU Autoshow 2007 with MMU Drift Attack 2007. Only One year apart!

Venue: MITC Malaca Carpark
Date: 18-19th August 2007
Time: 10:00am-6:00pm (Saturday), 9:00am-6:00pm (Sunday)
Spectators' Charges: FOC
Maximum no. of participants: 45 (RWD vehicles only)
Track Condition:Dry

There will also be booth for local car dealers to...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience