How much roughly will these damages cost? Repairable like Original? Heartache...

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
The door definitely has to be changed. And those body panels beaten and smoothen out. Rough cost around 2k -3k
I was thinking the same as I don't think the door can be repair back to normal...
if were to change the doors, not sure if can find a good one in half cut.
New one will be costly.

My only hope is get a good reputable workshop to do a good job in getting it back
to as perfect as he/she can...

1 of my friend recommended Playhouse Garage, anyone else got suggestions?

DanzEterna

Nov 1, 2007
PJ
www.primeperdanaclub.com
playhouse garage are good, but mostly ppl send there to get restore their old treasured car,
since yours is just a minor accident, u could send it to any 'kedai mudguard' shop prefrerable nearby yr hse
so that u could easily monitor their progress everyday.

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
There is one at Taman Ehsan, where the lady repair her bumper...from the look of the photo, they told her mine would be around RM700+.

Quite serious damage. So, find it a bit pricey, still looking around...but still like they say, what u pay is what u get...:hmmmm2:

kazukimy

500 RPM
Jul 14, 2006
KL/Pahang
devil-home.blogspot.com
wan cheap can go to Jalan Dato Haji Eusoff...there got lot of ppls doing it al cheapo,hehe...but quality,i dunno la,lots of taxi repairing there...

oh and remember....fast and cheap = not good,wakaka

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
The door definitely has to be changed. And those body panels beaten and smoothen out. Rough cost around 2k -3k
I was thinking the same as I don't think the door can be repair back to normal...
if were to change the doors, not sure if can find a good one in half cut.
New one will be costly.

My only hope is get a good reputable workshop to do a good job in getting it back
to as perfect as he/she can...

1 of my friend recommended Playhouse Garage, anyone else got suggestions?
I pretty sure that the door can still be repaired but like I said before, depends on the workmanship of the shop. I can say so because long time ago my wife's car door was side swiped by a small truck and the damage was a bit worse than yours but still it can be repaired so I did not change the door!

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
wan cheap can go to Jalan Dato Haji Eusoff...there got lot of ppls doing it al cheapo,hehe...but quality,i dunno la,lots of taxi repairing there...

oh and remember....fast and cheap = not good,wakaka
That's is why I mentioned, what you pay is what u get :rofl:

I pretty sure that the door can still be repaired but like I said before, depends on the workmanship of the shop. I can say so because long time ago my wife's car door was side swiped by a small truck and the damage was a bit worse than yours but still it can be repaired so I did not change the door!
Ya, going to get quotation from a friend of mine in Sunway, his neighbour's shop is at USJ,
will let him see the condition.

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Quoted RM500. :smile:

Can knock back the same including paint. :love:

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Ya, thanks for all the advice and suggestion guys. You guys are always as helpful. :love:

Won't be repairing so soon, will post up some photos once done.

:beer:

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
I was told is RM800 to get everything done including changing doors.

Sorry about the car brother. Miss your post on it. The door not too bad, but the wheel arch harder to knock back.
Yours is metallic with clear coat, therefore the paint shop guy who is mixing the paint must know his job to get the correct tone. Polishing won't help here, as you can only polish the clear coat and not the paint. Even using original paint may not help as the paint on the car may have faded slightly due to parking in the sun, so all bores down to paint shop guy mixing the paint.
Bro, I reply u here, so that we are not so obvious on serious alignment :rofl:

Wheel Arch and as you can see near the fuel cover, the part below is bent also.
So gonna spray just partial of the body. Spray whole car la like that if is 2-3K :rofl:

Unbalance paint tone is what I'm worried. Maybe just wash the car 1st before sending to them.
Other parts like bumper and side skirts not gonna repaint 1st. RM200 for each part...might as well wait i fit up
bodykit baru paint together.

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
I was told is RM800 to get everything done including changing doors.

Bro, I reply u here, so that we are not so obvious on serious alignment :rofl:

Wheel Arch and as you can see near the fuel cover, the part below is bent also.
So gonna spray just partial of the body. Spray whole car la like that if is 2-3K :rofl:

Unbalance paint tone is what I'm worried. Maybe just wash the car 1st before sending to them.
Other parts like bumper and side skirts not gonna repaint 1st. RM200 for each part...might as well wait i fit up
bodykit baru paint together.
Okay, understand....:adore:
For paint mixing they normal use your fuel cover because that is the only part small and can be removed. Painter also requires paint shop assistance on this color correction/mixing.
The fuel cover area needs to be totally resprayed, to keep it nice and not to be out of tone. They probably need to even out near the top part joining to the roof. The smaller the area of joint, the lesser you may see it getting out of tone.
Last time my wife's car boot kena knock by bike handle. To keep the repair cheap, my painter mention he just spray the corner and even out the tone across. This way no need spray whole boot.
Well, even with my detailing skill (average lah, not sifu) it was okay for about 2 to 3 years. Lately that area started to darken out and now can see the two tones. I will try to snap a pic for you later

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Okay, understand....:adore:
For paint mixing they normal use your fuel cover because that is the only part small and can be removed. Painter also requires paint shop assistance on this color correction/mixing.
The fuel cover area needs to be totally resprayed, to keep it nice and not to be out of tone. They probably need to even out near the top part joining to the roof. The smaller the area of joint, the lesser you may see it getting out of tone.
Last time my wife's car boot kena knock by bike handle. To keep the repair cheap, my painter mention he just spray the corner and even out the tone across. This way no need spray whole boot.
Well, even with my detailing skill (average lah, not sifu) it was okay for about 2 to 3 years. Lately that area started to darken out and now can see the two tones. I will try to snap a pic for you later
Ya, they say spray partially since the fuel cover that side leads all the way to the whole side of the
body. Won't be cheap la if spray like that...will ask her again for more detail.

Should I go for more expensive ones? This one my friend recommend one. RM500 so far he
said is good. His neighbour. Taman Ehsan one quote me around RM700 just respray and repair.

RM800+ i can change whole door + repair from my friend's recommendation.

Thanks bro, so nice of u to share the photo.

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Ya, they say spray partially since the fuel cover that side leads all the way to the whole side of the
body. Won't be cheap la if spray like that...will ask her again for more detail.

Should I go for more expensive ones? This one my friend recommend one. RM500 so far he
said is good. His neighbour. Taman Ehsan one quote me around RM700 just respray and repair.

RM800+ i can change whole door + repair from my friend's recommendation.

Thanks bro, so nice of u to share the photo.
Since your friend did before and say is good will be better then unknown shop. A while back, my VR got light knock by Myvi also, so since Myvi willing to pay for damage, we just go to nearby shop to do. And since my wing mirror got stone chip and front bumper got scratch, thought of doing all one shot since rear bumper being sprayed already. He quoted quite cheap, but in the end cheap work also cheap. The wing mirror stone chip he did not putty all the chips so after respray got a few chips still visible.
Bumper top part quite nice, but the areas below since cannot see much he spray lightly only so if see front bottom is not nice. Like the saying, pay 1 sen get 1 sen work.....:banghead:

For the door, depends on you. If repair and putty back, may see it wavy after a while. Change, of course will look better like original....

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Since your friend did before and say is good will be better then unknown shop. A while back, my VR got light knock by Myvi also, so since Myvi willing to pay for damage, we just go to nearby shop to do. And since my wing mirror got stone chip and front bumper got scratch, thought of doing all one shot since rear bumper being sprayed already. He quoted quite cheap, but in the end cheap work also cheap. The wing mirror stone chip he did not putty all the chips so after respray got a few chips still visible.
Bumper top part quite nice, but the areas below since cannot see much he spray lightly only so if see front bottom is not nice. Like the saying, pay 1 sen get 1 sen work.....:banghead:

For the door, depends on you. If repair and putty back, may see it wavy after a while. Change, of course will look better like original....
According to them, I ask many times to get confirmation. I say can it be as good as original?
She said yes, no problem on that. Just the fuel cap there, might see a bit different since
is partially paint...

Want paint whole car no budget. If not adi fitted bodykits and do all one shot. Change colour
:biggrin:

That's what I'm afraid la, what you pay is what u get, but since my friend car so far so good,
then should be fine. At least better than unknown shop that never tried before.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi all.

I've sort of successfully transplanted a 4-pot Nissan caliper taken off a R32 Skyline into my Sylphy. The only problems I have now :

1. I can't find a decently priced service kit. Anyone have? RM300+ for rubber seals is unreasonable.

2. The brake oil bolt that locks the brake hose to the caliper for the Sylphy is too long. I had to use spacers and washers to lock it out and prevent leakage. After asking 2-3 spare parts shops they aren't sure if they'll be able to source a...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience