How much roughly will these damages cost? Repairable like Original? Heartache...

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Dear bros,

Just need some advice and opinions guys and girls...

Now each time I go over a bump or uneven road a bit too fast, it seems the tyres will scraped the
dented body...sounds like "krughkk..."

- What can be done to such damages to my car? :hmmmm:
- Roughly how much will it cost?
- Can it be as good as original after repaired?
- Noticeable repaired marks? if were to sell the car in future?

All advice and suggestion is much appreciated bros...:adore:

Is my fault during the accident, paid RM280 to the other party as per quoted
by a workshop near her area. Find it reasonable, paid it off. Bumper hook broken,
scratched and black cover that holds the lamp is broken, have to be replaced
according to the workshop. Headlights just a bit scratched...

Other minor cost she will bear, she only require me to pay for the bumper repairs and
headlamp cover will do. Basically, no arguments during accident, discussed it out and
settle personally later that day.

This is her damages, ram straight to my rear side...:driver:

Myvi tougher? :bawling:

Last edited:

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Danzeterna: She rammed me from her front to the side of my rear as u can see....

Basically, this is how it happened. I was waiting at a junction near my housing area. I wanted to turn right (Is a 2 way road).
So, came a lorry who wanted to turn left into where I was waiting but didnt put on his signal, So since I know he is turning,

I decided to take my turn to the right. Suddenly, my gf alerted me a car coming, but by the time I realised, she was adi too near.
Unavoidable...can hear her tyres screeching...

I couldn't see as the lorry is too big. Forgetting that the road is wide enough if any car were to turn, the cars behind will
still have space to go on straight.

She couldn't see and did not expect any car to turn out as well...the lorry is like those white box like kind of lorry...that
carries ice cube or watever...

So, she is going on a straight road, and I'm the one cming out of a junction, so basically is my fault, even if it was she
that rammed into me.

She was already shaking when asking for my phone number, as I wasn't sure if I should report police or not since my damage is
worse than her. She said to her is consider minor so she was thinking can easily settle personally. I said, let me consider and
I'll give u a call by then. So both of us start taking photos of the damages.

She took a picture of the junction too, just in case if really going to report to police, she said it will most probably said is her fault.
:smile:

So, went on our way and contacted her later. Mine will roughly cost RM700, cuz she did ask the workshop guy for me by showing
him the photo. I was like, that's not cheap man LOL! :rofl:

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
bro,

The repair cost would be different whether....

do you want to "settle" without notifying your insurance company, so it would not effect your NCB (non-claim insurance bonus)?

or report and make claims to your insurance company?

Both ways would come out different cost...

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
bro,

The repair cost would be different whether....

do you want to "settle" without notifying your insurance company, so it would not effect your NCB (non-claim insurance bonus)?

or report and make claims to your insurance company?

Both ways would come out different cost...
Yes, i was thinking the same, I was thinking since it doesn't cost few thousands,
might as well just settle personally as it is not worth the hassle or even worth sacrificing the NCB.

Just wondering how much will my damages cost now :rofl:
From the look of the photos, I already roughly guess RM500 - RM700 but the workshop that
she went, quoted me around RM700+ from the look of the photo.
(I can get a bodykit with this price :rofl: )

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Referring to your questions:
- What can be done to such damages to my car? Can repair lah, this one is still considered at the lower end of the scale in terms of damage. For the rear fender, they would have to knock and massage the plate until pretty straight then put some paste to smooth it out. A good shop can do very well so that the paste will be very thin. For the door you can choose either to do the same (which is cheaper) or replace the door completely, then it will be as good as new.
- Roughly how much will it cost? This one I don't know, depending on workshops as well.
- Can it be as good as original after repaired? Yes, surely can, but depending on the shop workmanship.
- Noticeable repaired marks? if were to sell the car in future? Again depending on the workmanship of the shop. If a good one, it's quite difficult to detect, only to those who's very sharp at inspecting the car.

Quite lucky the lady only ask for rm280. I'd think it should cost her more than that to repair her damage.
How come it was your fault? Did you reverse towards her?

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Referring to your questions:
- What can be done to such damages to my car? Can repair lah, this one is still considered at the lower end of the scale in terms of damage. For the rear fender, they would have to knock and massage the plate until pretty straight then put some paste to smooth it out. A good shop can do very well so that the paste will be very thin. For the door you can choose either to do the same (which is cheaper) or replace the door completely, then it will be as good as new.
- Roughly how much will it cost? This one I don't know, depending on workshops as well.
- Can it be as good as original after repaired? Yes, surely can, but depending on the shop workmanship.
- Noticeable repaired marks? if were to sell the car in future? Again depending on the workmanship of the shop. If a good one, it's quite difficult to detect, only to those who's very sharp at inspecting the car.

Quite lucky the lady only ask for rm280. I'd think it should cost her more than that to repair her damage.
How come it was your fault? Did you reverse towards her?
Thanks for the sincere advice bro. Appreciate it. Any good shops that u know around? I know
a friend where his neighbour, does repair damages like this. Have yet to go there and get
quotation yet.

Nah, basically I came out of a junction without knowing cars can still go by when the big lorry turn,
you may refer to the post I posted above bro for further understanding. :smile:

In other words, it was a stupid mistake by me for driving for more than 6 years...:banghead:

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Thanks for the sincere advice bro. Appreciate it. Any good shops that u know around? I know
a friend where his neighbour, does repair damages like this. Have yet to go there and get
quotation yet.

Nah, basically I came out of a junction without knowing cars can still go by when the big lorry turn,
you may refer to the post I posted above bro for further understanding. :smile:

In other words, it was a stupid mistake by me for driving for more than 6 years...:banghead:
I don't have any references for workshops. If painting only I have one, but not sure how they do if repairing dents.

Yeah, sorry did not notice the earlier post cuz my internet was loading a bit slow so did not manage to see it the first time. :)

Well once and a while everyone will do some stupid mistakes. Nobody is perfect. My last stupid mistake more than 10 yrs ago did a lot more damage than yours!

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
I don't have any references for workshops. If painting only I have one, but not sure how they do if repairing dents.

Yeah, sorry did not notice the earlier post cuz my internet was loading a bit slow so did not manage to see it the first time. :)

Well once and a while everyone will do some stupid mistakes. Nobody is perfect. My last stupid mistake more than 10 yrs ago did a lot more damage than yours!
No problem bro, I guess we posted at the same time which is why you didn't able to see it in time :smile:

Anyway, thanks for the advise bro. Will do some survey around while waiting for other bros and frens for their suggestions.

Haha! This is my 2nd stupid mistake after my 1st one 5 - 6 years ago. Cost me RM11K, Nissan Sentra rammed straight into the rear of the older version of CR-V. Claimed insurance...:bawling:

Come to think of it, I think I drove for 8 years till date :rofl:
Just say, thank god i was driving a sentra, kancil or kelisa, I would have been handicapped.

Just got to learn from mistakes.

DanzEterna

Nov 1, 2007
PJ
www.primeperdanaclub.com
maybe u could send to a panel bodyshop but maybe could costs u up to rm1k approx only le...
how many yrs NCD u have? do the calculation see if claim from insurance worth it or not?

unless u wanna go hunting for panel beating shop around usj 1.

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Adi pay her wor bro, still can claim insurance? NCB should be quite number of years lo..this car got few names, but usually
NCB claim the 1st owner right? Adi past 24 hours, cant make police report adi.

LesleyAprotto

Banned
Jun 16, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
Perodua has got own workshop in USJ 1
They did a superb job on my nephew's Myvi
Everything dented changed new...
I wonder if Proton has got same type of body repair workshop
If they have, i think sending to them to do the car back to original condition can be one of your options...
Rough estimate if everything changed i think around RM1K or less including paintwork..
If i means, i will try the car registration number....
no harm done, like drinking a cup of good coffee....

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Surely will not be cheap if send back to Proton. My friend's neighbour's shop is also at USJ 1, will get a
quote from his neighbour 1st. let him see the condition. Then I'll see when to repair it.

Seems most of those Banging shop is at USJ :rofl:

Well, just felt very unlucky lately...need to go pray more...:frown:

LesleyAprotto

Banned
Jun 16, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
Surely will not be cheap if send back to Proton. My friend's neighbour's shop is also at USJ 1, will get a
quote from his neighbour 1st. let him see the condition. Then I'll see when to repair it.

Seems most of those Banging shop is at USJ :rofl:

Well, just felt very unlucky lately...need to go pray more...:frown:
Stay cooooool bro....

We will be with you....

On ZTH !!:wavey:

nyantong

Known Member
Jul 26, 2008
The door definitely has to be changed. And those body panels beaten and smoothen out. Rough cost around 2k -3k

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Brake Caliper

- Dusty calipers

- Tools needed to polish

- Brushing with soap and wipe

- Painting the wording.

Rocker Cover

- Before...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience