Ford Fiesta or Nissan Almeria? All opinions and suggestions are much appreciated...

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Dear ZTHians,

As per the title, a lady friend who once asked me which of these 2 are better as she loves both of
these models but still prefer a hatchback. Anyhow, Almeria seems to be in her category even
though is not a hatchback.

So, her question is which car to buy. There are 3 concerns:-

1) Resale Value
2) Maintenance
3) Spareparts

For me, I told her I would go for Ford Fiesta. I say best to narrow down to 2 models that you like
which is easier to make a choice later. So, she told me is either Ford Fiesta or Nissan Almeria.

Resale value, for Ford cars, are usually not famous for their resale value. While Nissan cars, are
just so so if we were to compare with Toyota brand. Since Almeria is still new, is hard for me
to tell on the resale value, whereby there are getting more Ford Fiesta on the road.

If there are high demand for Fiesta, might improve on resale value. This is all just my POV.
Correct me if im wrong.

So, I say so far there are good feedbacks for Fiesta. FC is not too bad either. Spareparts?
Well, if she is the type who service only at Service Centre, is not to worry as well. Yet,
there are lots of aftermarket parts nowadays.

Maintenance wise, appreciate if anyone who owns one can share on the maintenance for the car both Almeria and Ford Fiesta.

For car price around 80 - 100K, there are lots of choices but that would just confuse her
on which car to take.

If you guys have any other cars that qualify for the 3 criteria to suggest, then feel free to suggest.
The only car I can think of that meet that 3 criteria is Vios. But she prefer a hatchback.
Maybe Yaris? or Suzuki Swift Sports?

Still car suggestions are welcome but would like to know more about which car to choose
either Fiesta or Almeria.

Basically I dun like the design of Almeria. Gadgets and design wise, Fiesta is better as well. Fun to drive compact car. :driver:

Thanks in advance for all advice, opinions and suggestions

Barbarian

500 RPM
Nov 10, 2004
KL
www.myjsoc.com
Re: Ford Fiesta or Nissan Almeria? All opinions and suggestions are much appreciated.

my wife drives a fiesta... fc is pretty good.... getting around 14.5-15km/l.... car is under warranty and free maintenance so I wouldn't know about the cost yet.... only issue I have with this car is the occasional jerk from the gearbox(was told due the the dry twin clutch)... I think it's a great car for ladies......

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Re: Ford Fiesta or Nissan Almeria? All opinions and suggestions are much appreciated.

my wife drives a fiesta... fc is pretty good.... getting around 14.5-15km/l.... car is under warranty and free maintenance so I wouldn't know about the cost yet.... only issue I have with this car is the occasional jerk from the gearbox(was told due the the dry twin clutch)... I think it's a great car for ladies......
Yes, I heard about the jerking part as well. Is it real bad or just acceptable?

g88

3,000 RPM
Jan 28, 2004

definitely Fiesta. This car is under rated and over power under the hood. :driver:

Stock audio system is awesome too.

LesleyAprotto

Banned
Jun 16, 2012
Kuala Lumpur

My choice is Nissan Almeria

Simply because its a brand proven over decades.....

Fine examples are the Nissan Sentra now still being used as Genting taxis (if im not mistaken these taxis are being used since 80s)

Dec 12, 2012
Kuala Lumpur

Almera for the interior space & Fiesta for the looks & gedget, Almera for a main car Fiesta for second car.

artworkz

500 RPM
Jul 3, 2008
JB

fiesta is beer, almera is plain water.
if wat u want is more sport n power, get fiesta.
Facebook

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008

Hmm...what about which car would suit the lady best in terms of Resale Value, Maintenance and Spareparts?

So far, seems a lot has chosen Fiesta. Nissan is true that is one of the well known brand for decades like its rival
Toyota and Honda.

In terms of spareparts, I think can easily source will be Nissan cars. Resale Value, Ford surely drop in terms of that.
While for Almeria is hard to say yet since some nissan cars resale value is not that high either. Unless we are talking
about performance cars from Nissan.

Maintenance wise, is hard for to say since I don't own a nissan car for the last 7 years now. Ford, totally no experience at all.

But in my opinion I still find Fiesta suits lady best but in terms of the 3 criteria, to be on the safe side, should be Almeria?

artworkz

500 RPM
Jul 3, 2008
JB

fiesta sedan (now sell under 80k after discount) have 7 airbags, 5 stars euro NCAP, preventive safety ABS,EBD and VSC/ESP (which almera dun have).
high speed stablity is amazing for this small car, u got no issue maintain 160km/h for 1 hour

Hmm...what about which car would suit the lady best in terms of Resale Value, Maintenance and Spareparts?

So far, seems a lot has chosen Fiesta. Nissan is true that is one of the well known brand for decades like its rival
Toyota and Honda.

In terms of spareparts, I think can easily source will be Nissan cars. Resale Value, Ford surely drop in terms of that.
While for Almeria is hard to say yet since some nissan cars resale value is not that high either. Unless we are talking
about performance cars from Nissan.

Maintenance wise, is hard for to say since I don't own a nissan car for the last 7 years now. Ford, totally no experience at all.

But in my opinion I still find Fiesta suits lady best but in terms of the 3 criteria, to be on the safe side, should be Almeria?

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008

fiesta sedan (now sell under 80k after discount) have 7 airbags, 5 stars euro NCAP, preventive safety ABS,EBD and VSC/ESP (which almera dun have).
high speed stablity is amazing for this small car, u got no issue maintain 160km/h for 1 hour
Okay, that's a very good plus point vs Almeria which is more of a basic sedan.
Since space is not an issue to her and aeroback is her choice. Fiesta is the one.

artworkz

500 RPM
Jul 3, 2008
JB

fiesta technical spec;
1.6L 16valve TiVCT (dual VVTi) 11.0:1 comp ratio. drive-by-wire throttle , water type oil cooler. equal length drive-shaft (balance torque between left n right wheel).
spare part wise; the car share platform with mazda 2, front crash beam, suspension arm, absorber , brake pad/disc/hose/pipe , some air cond part is same as mazda 2. new OEM spare part oso can get cheap from china "tabao.com" . its oso come with 5 yrs warranty n 3 yrs free maintance.

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008

fiesta technical spec;
1.6L 16valve TiVCT (dual VVTi) 11.0:1 comp ratio. drive-by-wire throttle , water type oil cooler. equal length drive-shaft (balance torque between left n right wheel).
spare part wise; the car share platform with mazda 2, front crash beam, suspension arm, absorber , brake pad/disc/hose/pipe , some air cond part is same as mazda 2. new OEM spare part oso can get cheap from china "tabao.com" . its oso come with 5 yrs warranty n 3 yrs free maintance.
Very informative bro. Will tell her that. Guess I have enough info to back up the choice to
pick Fiesta.

Thanks a lot to everyone for feedback. Anymore feedbacks or POV, feel free to post. Might help
others who are deciding on Fiesta or Almeria or other same category cars.

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia

I look up down left right center under top also the Almera don't look like a hatchback. Based on a the three points mentioned, Nissan Almera is a way better choice than the Ford Fiesta.

1. Resale Value - Nissan in Malaysia has solid resale value, especially if you trade in back to Nissan it is near unbeatable by Toyota/Honda. Ford cars are still, "meh" in secondary market.

2. Maintenance - Ford offers a 3 year free service OR 60,000km free service. Both cars have 10k km service intervals. Nissan price list for service is here: NISSAN AFTERSALES

The service cost for the Nissan for 60,000km will be a total of RM1692.20. And the Ford? Free for 3 years. After that? Probably a rip off compared to Nissan. Nobody knows the service price since it is not published and nobody paid for servicing a Ford Fiesta yet. But part to part, for example oil filter, Nissan is cheaper -- go ask outside spare parts shop. Hell, even wiper blade for the Ford you have to buy from them due to the bracket design.

3. Spare parts & service network - I don't know how well stocked SDAC, but I know Tan Chong have you fully covered as the car is fully assembled here in Malaysia. Nissan's by Tan Chong never had issues with spare parts AFAIK. Nissan has plenty of service centers, spare parts all over Malaysia, you're covered. As for Ford, Ford owners tell the world just make appointment, no problem. BUT, remember, cars can break down anytime, anywhere without warning, THAT is the time where service coverage and availability of parts really matters. Service network are like hospitals, we don't need it, don't think about it, but when we need it we wish there was one right next door. Ford manage to build a service network by appointing third party authorised service centers, whereas, Nissan's service centers are by Tan Chong itself, this means, it is operated by the people who assemble the vehicle, so it goes without a doubt Nissan is superior in this sense. Ford loses in both quantity and quality - they do not have control over 3rd party authorised service centers and they cannot guarantee/manage the 3rd party SC standards, Nissan can, since it is owned by themselves.

I will say this, problems that can be solved by money, is not a problem (point number 2). Availability of spare parts and service center, money cannot solve, if they have it, they have it, if they don't you're screwed.

But I have to say, the Ford Fiesta is the better car. Though in Malaysia, for a lady, I will recommend her to buy the [strike]Toyota Vios[/strike] Nissan Almera over the Ford Fiesta due to the reasons above. If she feel its not going to be a problem, sure she can go ahead.

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008

Ya, Nissan Almeria was my recommendation when she said only wanted to look for hatchback, end up after test drive and seeing it
she likes it :rofl:

Anyway, IXEO! Real detailed explanation! Thanks man! I guess she made the right choice. She already paid downpayment for
Nissan Almeria. Like u said, for the lady and with the 3 criteria in mind, Almeria is indeed the suitable one for her.

If not criteria or worries, I would go for Ford Fiesta as well. Is a really good car indeed. But also she can consider the Suzuki Sports
if she want a hatchback. Since is quite a good car too...

abunawas

Known Member
Nov 18, 2012
Kuala Lumpur

Almera for peace of mind and A to B car purely for transport, but i am dissapointed it comes with a dinosaur age engine and gearbox just like the Vios.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

yesterday my GF car windows was smashed on the driver side. item lost is some coins,cd player,cds.
happened in sg chua area(behind Venus) according to resident there ,few car in the area received the same fate
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience