Any sifus here can recommend me a good workshop with good in tuning engine ? thx alot

darrengoh89

Known Member
Aug 18, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
Re: Any sifus here can recommend me a good workshop with good in tuning engine ? thx

ohh ..30-80 izzit ..then i can afford to pay ..i thought 200+ and above ...seems you said the machine only proton service got ...lol ...thx alot for your information bro AD ...really very appreciate it ....then i would like to ask you another question ..whats the best piping diameter size for my 1.3 fuel inject ? 1.7" or stay stock ? and whats the stock piping size ? 1.5" ?

freeman1314

Known Member
Oct 7, 2008
Re: Any sifus here can recommend me a good workshop with good in tuning engine ? thx

Frankly Proton SC charge differently at different branches. Some get as low as RM30 some get as high at RM80 as told by AD_EG , so juz ask a quote from them ans try to bargain see lo.. wonder why their price is not all the same though they all are Proton SC.

AD_EG

6,000 RPM
Apr 5, 2009
Ipoh

ohh ..30-80 izzit ..then i can afford to pay ..i thought 200+ and above ...seems you said the machine only proton service got ...lol ...thx alot for your information bro AD ...really very appreciate it ....then i would like to ask you another question ..whats the best piping diameter size for my 1.3 fuel inject ? 1.7" or stay stock ? and whats the stock piping size ? 1.5" ?
1.7"

not sure whats the stock size....read somewhere it might be 1.5" or 1.6" cant remember.

gsrTurbo9166

500 RPM
Apr 23, 2005

go for 1.7" and change ur extractor as well
either to 4-2-1 or 4-1, depends on which suit u better

darrengoh89

Known Member
Aug 18, 2009
Kuala Lumpur

hi gsr ...actually my stock extractor is already 4-1 ...or izzit i should go for those branded extractor ?afterall if i change i will still go for 4-1 ...coz my engine is only 1.3 ..i find out that 4-1 is suitable for 1.3 ...more pick up ...

gsrTurbo9166

500 RPM
Apr 23, 2005

if ur budget allows u to get a better 1, try to opt for the tuned length extractor frm powerzone.
hotbits is the alternative but some complains bout it will crack after sometimes.

4-1 is for pickup? i thought 4-2-1 is for pickup and 4-1 is for better top end.

btw, wat is ur rim size? (am i miss it from previous post)
to be honest, when i first got my satria (1.3L) after 1st service i changed to cap ayam brand n manage to get 170km/h for my top wif 13" steel wheel.

darrengoh89

Known Member
Aug 18, 2009
Kuala Lumpur

maybe mine is the different spec ..seriously no idea why ...powerzone i heard kinda expensive their stuffs over there ...tomorrow im gonna send to proton tuning ....if still cannot ...then have no choice ..i gotta change 4g91 twin cam 1.6 gearbox ...and change the clutch set as well ..flywheel use back only ...T.T ..as the fellow said can be modified to suit the clutch set .

gsrTurbo9166

500 RPM
Apr 23, 2005

my car is yr 02, those siemens ecu.
you wanna change to 4G91 + 1.6 gearbox or 4G91 gearbox?
4G91 is 1.5 twin cam.
y don u use super touring clutch set? quite some numbers using this

darrengoh89

Known Member
Aug 18, 2009
Kuala Lumpur

izzit ? hmm ...gearbox only ..but think of it now ...i guess i will be sending my car to powerzone for dyno check up ...see whats the problem actually ...coz if go proton service to use their pdt2000 ..thats only for check system and error ..not under mechanical problem ...

AD_EG

6,000 RPM
Apr 5, 2009
Ipoh

i think there is slight confusion with the extractor explanation now days :biggrin: dats why some ppl get it the other way round.

better pickup/acceleration = 4-2-1 = better low to mid range power(rpm)

better top end = 4-1 = higher mid range power(rpm)

now the thing is...we will say for city driving its better to use 4-2-1...cause better low-mid range power...but if you are saying better acceleration overall....like drag racing ..then 4-1 is better cause you will be using your higher rpm range more than the lower rpm's....this is where the slight confusion occurs i think...its for you to decide where you want your car to generate more power...? what kind of driving style do you have?

darrengoh89

Known Member
Aug 18, 2009
Kuala Lumpur

but how come all the mechanic also said that 4-1 is for pick up ...while 4-2-1 is for long distance ? This thing really confused me alot lol ...if you say 4-1 is for long distance ...my car itself now is using the 4-1 extractor ...and the long only can go 140kmh ? haha ...and how come my car is more on pick up ? lol ...

zac

1,000 RPM
Feb 7, 2007
Johor Bahru

The design of extractor also play a big role, the shorter length between engine till joint part has more torque, longer one better higher rpm power...

Dear Darren, just some advice for you, if you aiming for hi performance, then it's very hard to be done through your oem engine, which is why so many people actually swap their engine and pursue their target... set your budget and target first...

darrengoh89

Known Member
Aug 18, 2009
Kuala Lumpur

thx for your advise zac ...btw ...im not aiming for hi performance with my oem engine ...lets say my satria 1.3 originally is 83hp ...maybe mod it to 95 to 105hp will do ...

gsrTurbo9166

500 RPM
Apr 23, 2005

95-105hp on engine? or on wheel?

if on engine should be achievable. A set of good tuned size exhaust system, high cam, bigger throttle, larger cc injector, and a piggyback can help u to achieve this figure.
but u r running siemens ecu, piggyback is a headache for u

darrengoh89

Known Member
Aug 18, 2009
Kuala Lumpur

you mean bigger throttle means i have to change my whole intake manifold ? lol ....

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

It is confirmed, folks. No more F1 GP to be held in our home circuit, Sepang International Circuit. The news was announced and confirmed by the Tourism and Culture Minister Datuk Seri Nazri Abdul Aziz, following certain rumours that has been circulating over the past few months.

According to Nazri, the current (renewed) agreement expires in 2018, and it is safe to say that no sign of renewal seen to this date. Nazri added that he agrees with Youth and Sports Minister Khairy...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience