need sifus help on Suzuki swift performance

audiolizard

Known Member
Aug 19, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
hi there im currently driving a suzuki swift 1.5
i have a few question about my car and performance part to ask since i am a newbie.

first thing of all what is the difference about 4-1 and 4-2-1? i tired both and i feels that 4-2-1 giv my pedal lighter but same no pickup. (im using just 4-2-1 and all standard just the back tabung i change already)

second i want to ask what time of air filter should i put? i ask bout simota airfilter and knn. and yet still i duno which to choose, open port and drop in, what is the different?

thrid thing, how much hp that NA swift would go?(not SSS) just suzuki swift.

lastly my fuel consumption suck! why is it? im using it for city drive and i get RON 95 RM50 for just 240km

thx and appreciate to alls

DanzEterna

Nov 1, 2007
PJ
www.primeperdanaclub.com
bro,
1. 4-2-1 for daily usage, 4-1 for pick up but loose on top end.
2.go for normal replacement or open pod with CAI, cold air intake.
3.not sure.
4.are u a heavy footer? get safc.........

rushdarn

May 27, 2007
your FC is 26L for 240KM ( use liter to count FC ..better ) which is around 9.2 KM/l and that is bad.. are u running on stock? stock should give u , 12-13 km/l city driving.. unless you are a heavy footer

how much HP? depends on how much u mod.. I have friends who have modded their swift to get 100Hp on wheel with the help of EMU. there's another friend who got 180Hp..but that's heavily modded.. it all depends on how deep is your pocket

so far for filter, i've used both Open Pod and Drop-in.. and i prefer Drop-in .. and for drop-in i've used KN&N , Monster PFX and Pipercross... Pipercross FTW!! :)

I've have not modded my extractor yet, so i can't comment much.

Hope this helps

upontheriversky

Known Member
Dec 31, 2007
4-2-1 due to joining of pipes gives multiple exhaust pulse reflection points hence broader power range which explains ur lighter pedal feel across rpm but pulse strength reflected is weaker so no peak power/ pickup like 4-1

4-1 have one pulse reflection at the collector joint only hence narrow powerband but u get higher strength pulse reflection at that point which boosts up power a lot than 4-2-1, explains why u got pickup

FC high can have many factor, u need to see the layout of ur current header, what brand is it? if the primary pipes are sized too big, u might get higher FC

did u remove ur catcon? catcon can be a sort of expansion chamber for pulse reflection to boosts power in modern cars for better FC, removing this without A/F re-tune can give high FC also

the back tabung straight flow or s-flow?

i recently posted up "debunking K&N myth" a research as to why OEM filter much better than K&N or other aftermarket, if ur engine is not highly modified for much more air, it could be a waste changing filter for rm200++. better mod ur airbox to let airflow into TB easier to create highest pressure in front of TB at all ur rpm range, this will give u absolute power, starting from the snorkel coz this is one of the main culprit, cheaper and much more effective

open pod serves same purpose as 4-1 but its on intake side, it has narrow powerband but the power in this band is much higher. if u do city driving a lot where power at varying rpm is required, dont use open pod coz ur airbox acts as reservoir and ensure EVEN DISTRIBUTION of air to each cylinder because it keeps more air volume to begin with when u start opening ur throttle

if u are looking for pure straight line acceleration, by all means use 4-1 and open pod, but city driving and cornering exit speed u'll be dissapointed :D

Last edited:
Dec 29, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
Hi there, Anyone can help me out here, im using a swift 1.5 auto.
i just did my overhauled and top head port polish.
i wana go for next upgrade stage. Please advice.
1) E manage blue?
2) E manage ultimate
3) SAFC
4) Exhaust Manifold 4-2-1
would i be able to get a better performance on this equipment install on the car?

syeff

Nov 27, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
your FC is 26L for 240KM ( use liter to count FC ..better ) which is around 9.2 KM/l and that is bad.. are u running on stock? stock should give u , 12-13 km/l city driving.. unless you are a heavy footer

how much HP? depends on how much u mod.. I have friends who have modded their swift to get 100Hp on wheel with the help of EMU. there's another friend who got 180Hp..but that's heavily modded.. it all depends on how deep is your pocket

so far for filter, i've used both Open Pod and Drop-in.. and i prefer Drop-in .. and for drop-in i've used KN&N , Monster PFX and Pipercross... Pipercross FTW!! :)

I've have not modded my extractor yet, so i can't comment much.

Hope this helps
EMU? wats is that? where u can tune ur car...like that? Pm me tq

l2s_turbo

1,000 RPM
Oct 23, 2004
EMU is Emanage Ultimate

AisBerg

Nov 15, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
I also have the same issue on my stock Swift 1.5...Modding cars is really fun to look at & I love to hear the sound of modded engines especially V8 & racing cams...If budget is an issue, can you guys recommend on which one would be the 1st thing that you do to increase the torque(engine response) & what are the next mods. Hopefully, this question makes sense... :)

1 - gearbox
2 - ECU
3 - camshaft
4 - others if any

thanks in advance for your replies.

l2s_turbo

1,000 RPM
Oct 23, 2004
I also have the same issue on my stock Swift 1.5...Modding cars is really fun to look at & I love to hear the sound of modded engines especially V8 & racing cams...If budget is an issue, can you guys recommend on which one would be the 1st thing that you do to increase the torque(engine response) & what are the next mods. Hopefully, this question makes sense... :)

1 - gearbox - swap with ZC31 manual with upgraded clutch and FD
2 - ECU - custom reflash RRP
3 - camshaft - swap using ZC31 cams
4 - others if any - Turbocharge,supercharge or M18A block & internals.

thanks in advance for your replies.
See my reply in bold..

AisBerg

Nov 15, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
See my reply in bold..
Thanks for the suggestions, l2s_turbo. Really appreciate it.

Well...as for gearbox, no one would disagree that using a MT is more fun than AT...but staying in town that always dealing with huge traffic jam needs AT all the time I must say...kaki boleh seliuh wey...AT fits me the most at this time.

Reflash and remap ECU has the same meaning, rite? I don't know...but this is what I think would be the 1st thing in my mod list so far...i will make some more readings on this.

ZC31 camshaft sounds great too...maybe after doing remapping ECU.

Forced induction like turbos/superchargers are really advance to me. I like to feel them in my car someday..great choice but too expensive for me...I had Youtubed that Speedworks offers about RM9K to get a 165hp out of a modified Swift 1.5cc. great mod I guess!

l2s_turbo

1,000 RPM
Oct 23, 2004
Thanks for the suggestions, l2s_turbo. Really appreciate it.

Well...as for gearbox, no one would disagree that using a MT is more fun than AT...but staying in town that always dealing with huge traffic jam needs AT all the time I must say...kaki boleh seliuh wey...AT fits me the most at this time.

Reflash and remap ECU has the same meaning, rite? I don't know...but this is what I think would be the 1st thing in my mod list so far...i will make some more readings on this.

ZC31 camshaft sounds great too...maybe after doing remapping ECU.

Forced induction like turbos/superchargers are really advance to me. I like to feel them in my car someday..great choice but too expensive for me...I had Youtubed that Speedworks offers about RM9K to get a 165hp out of a modified Swift 1.5cc. great mod I guess!
the cams had to be in before the remapping of ECU and other performance parts.. remember the remapping has to be the last process in order to save your cost.. i'm still waiting for my turbo kit to fix in mine.. if you decided to stick with AT, remember to use good AT oil and also fix an auto oil cooler.. you also can swap the entire manifold + throttle body to your engine, just mod the original drive by wire to cable back.. :rolleyes:

AisBerg

Nov 15, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
the cams had to be in before the remapping of ECU and other performance parts.. remember the remapping has to be the last process in order to save your cost.. i'm still waiting for my turbo kit to fix in mine.. if you decided to stick with AT, remember to use good AT oil and also fix an auto oil cooler.. you also can swap the entire manifold + throttle body to your engine, just mod the original drive by wire to cable back.. :rolleyes:
I see...I guess, upgrading to a higher camshaft needs to change some other internal parts too?...like cam pulley and valve spring or some more? I don't know about this...so, i really need some actual experience by anyone who have modded N/A especially the camshaft..Thanks bro!

l2s_turbo

1,000 RPM
Oct 23, 2004
I see...I guess, upgrading to a higher camshaft needs to change some other internal parts too?...like cam pulley and valve spring or some more? I don't know about this...so, i really need some actual experience by anyone who have modded N/A especially the camshaft..Thanks bro!
you can join the forums and ask opinions there too..

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

The Mitsubishi Evolution X is a great looking machine but one would be hard pressed to tell the difference between it and a well kitted Mitsubishi Lancer, bar a few tell tale differences.

While browsing around for something interesting on Ebay, I stumbled across this yummy...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience