question need sifus for help

peterj

1,000 RPM
Apr 27, 2010
Kuching
this questions been bothering me since my 1st time clutch pump broke down

- is it normal the clutch fluid turn black?? i have bad habit whereby i will step half of the clutch to move my car especially in traffic jam, is this cause my clutch pump spoiled, last time traffic jam when i maintain this habit,half clutch move 1-2 sec, free gear stop, repeated few times, pump spoiled,now using evo gearbox with evo clutch pump,scare the problem will happen again,anyone help??

- because my engine bay is really hot now, i have installed the engine oil cooler that come originally but din install the power steering oil cooler, is this a problem?? cause i can feel the heat of the power steering oil when i feel the the power steering oil reservoir "untouchable" after driving....

xtremeleo

3,000 RPM
Oct 18, 2005
turn black? no sir, it doesnt, maybe darker as it ages with time, but not black.. u sure its black? the fluid for the clutch pump shud be of those dot4, the dot4 is more stable towards high temperature and pressure den the dot3. dot4 is clear, not as the dot3 red. half clutching isnt a good habit sir, but i dont think dis wud damage the clutch pump, it will wear more on the clutch plate ler tapi.

i dont see any problem if u dont install the power steering cooler

peterj

1,000 RPM
Apr 27, 2010
Kuching
i actually plan to get full evo 3 body parts next few months time, sorry my fault, i should say dark grey, i use dot 3,brand is fuel guard ,not the red 1 but no colour 1, dunno wher to get dot 4, u can get any for me? pls sms me also the price if u can get the apexi air filter, i wan normal black 1, not the limited edition chrome,

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Every once in a while we hear news of Toyota's FT-86 and it's yet unnamed Subaru twin. The FT-86 was close to being launched but then Toyota decided to delay it till 2013 to work on the fuel consumption of the engine.

The FT-86 is powered by a retuned version of Subaru’s naturally aspirated 2.0-litre flat four, using a revised head to produce around 200bhp. And though both the Subaru and Toyota are supposed to...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience