Sifus,really need your advice or opinion

vandeta88

Jun 17, 2010
selangor
Hi to all sifus,

I am having an issue with my neo cps. I got the car in 15 July 2011. Millage is already 5k++.Already done second service. Below is the issue i am currently having:

I am having an issue when starting the car. This happens intermittently. Its now regular on this issue but it happens after driving he car for long run or a hard run. After driving the car,sure you will wait a while before turning off the engine rite, that is exactly what i did. Than i tried to start again will try to start the engine but it die off. Its like when you turn the key,it cranks the engine than the engine will have a smooth rev sound,but this no it will have ruff and it pop pop than off. try again,same thing happens. This also happened when i change my fuel from Esso to Shell(had no choice). Even like for a light run or 30minutes drive also it occurs but not always.

To all the sifus and to those who had this issue,is there anything wrong with the engine? or is there something needs to be changed? can any sifus advice on this? really would appreciate the advice or info provided.

I have already gone to service center in glenmarie and ask about this. And they said need to leave my car there. but this is my one and only car that i have to move around with....They used the PDT tool as well but no error found. check spark plug,its ok,normal color.

what else can i do? :confused: :adore:

thanks in advance

vandeta88

Jun 17, 2010
selangor
hi kambing69,

tanks for the reply.. could it also be due to sensor?if yes, wad would the likely sensor to have this prob?

nyantong

Known Member
Jul 26, 2008
My saga blm also has problems sometimes when starting. Can't quite pinpoint because it happens once in a while. Also PDT wouldn't be able to tell much because the control unit for a Proton isn't as sophisticated and therefore wouldn't record and store minor abnormalities. Unless the engine itself totally kong, I doubt you'll get any useful info from the diagnostic.

kambing69

Known Member
Jul 8, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
hi kambing69,

tanks for the reply.. could it also be due to sensor?if yes, wad would the likely sensor to have this prob?
I dont know about the sensor thing, but mine was like that before too. Even my car cant open using the alarm, so i just use manual key, open the car hood, and check everything 1st and then i find my battery cable (the red cover rubber thing, i dont know what it called) joined was not properrly fit, it loose... tight it up and my problems solved.

vandeta88

Jun 17, 2010
selangor
Hi Kambing69 & nyantong

tanks for the reply.. i have already check the battery cable and its tightly lock in place.is there anything else i can look at?

nadziad

Known Member
May 14, 2011
johor
your problem also same like mine.....but i ignore about it and then what happened....my radiator hose broke.....luckily the temp not rise so high and i manage to fix it send to the nearest sc...

vandeta88

Jun 17, 2010
selangor
hai nadziad,

hmmmm.....i check most of everything but all seems to be ok.i even check spark plug...du u tink its sensor issue?

rkbella33

Known Member
Jan 7, 2011
Penang
The crank position sensor or tdc sensor typically in most cars
when it's intermittent throws this issue. The ecu can't determine
the timing requirements and engine dies. There is an idle controller
In the throttle body and if there is no signal it assumes engine
is off.same with the fuel management system. Also doesnt throw any error until dead.
So get the service centre check if the impedance Is in spec ..I don't know the numbers
For the car as I am new to proton! So insist they replace the sensor and see what happens after talking to the service manager and if true get it replaced under warranty
Btw any mods did you open anything around the timing belt area?

vandeta88

Jun 17, 2010
selangor
hi rkbella33,

tanks for the info. no mods has been done to the car yet..engine still standard stock. i did the same thing from another fren of mine. he oso said check the crank sensor. but as u have pointed out it maybe the idle controller. i did get the same issue yday... n i oni drove the car very slow.and didnt rev the car. haiz....than i couldnt start da car.afta about 2attempts tan the 3rd it started.and oso my radio will suddenly chage the radio station byitself. i am listening to hits.fm but suddenly it changess to another radio station that say selangor....and its in malay? i was like wad the helll.!!!!!!!!!!!!:banghead::banghead::banghead:

rkbella33

Known Member
Jan 7, 2011
Penang
Hi Vandeta88
Suggest follow the following order

-Cabut the MAF sensor in the air intake manifold, some times these may become intemittent. Pulling the sensor will run it in default mode but no power drive. That part sometime even scares me as it you tembak the water in front can travel all the way into the air box..
-Get a New Crank Sensor installed and monitor(it may be just a loose connector BTW)
-Get the Fuel pump pressure measured at the rails...there is a device for that.

I dont think the sensors just can fail..as most parts are bosch/siemens and not some cap ayam and standard parts. These can be claimed in warranty
I am just concerned you have driven in water clogged roads with recent rains, washed engine or modded some power line from main terminals. Do you remember when this started? Any of the above?

vandeta88

Jun 17, 2010
selangor
rkbella33,

This started even before my second service. and no engine mods has been done. and tried avoiding as much as possible the water puddles. some time no choice but go slow wen cum to tat la...hmmm maybe will do as u have suggested. but i am oni able to do it on weekends..and for this type of issue the stupid proton wont do it.and wen i ask for black and white ,they say they dun have...wad the hell...but nvm will try to make arrangement for this la ...tanks for the suggestion....will bring it up to the technician in proton.

rkbella33

Known Member
Jan 7, 2011
Penang
Hopefully this helps. And sorry about the English as I normally
Use my phone in shortened sentences to post. You can pm me if need
Any further assistance. Honestly I think it's yr mass air flow sensor
(maf) just behind the engine it's below the air intake on right. It measurea
Air temp and volume to determine the air fuel ratio.

vandeta88

Jun 17, 2010
selangor
rkbella33,

good info bro,
tanks tanks...will highlight it. normal la bro,all oso use short form rite...hahahahaha.... anywaz is there any TT session to held soon?