help on 4g13 mods... already done with the mods..., need help from sifus please!!!

S16

Nov 17, 2010
guys... I'm using wira (2002), 1.3, SVDO efi... So fully rebuild it last year, 74mm pistons, bigger bearing and 1.6 clutch with lightened flywheel... the output was so satisfying with air-conditioning switched on... 2nd rear and 3rd gear really can pull smoothly... done with it...

this year bought a satria (2000), 1.3, MMC efi... done the same things as I did for wira, 74mm pistons, bigger bearing and 1.6 clutch with lightened flywheel...... additionally I have changed 1.6 throttle body and exhaust system (4-2-1 extractor, mid bullet and satria gti- styled straight flow muffler)... But the output not as satisfying as my wira... 2nd gear and 3 gear cant pull smoothly...

I understood that svdo and MMC efi are totally different system.... so sifus, is there any special/specific tuning needed for MMC efi? Tuning did by my mechanic after the engine rebuild... Im not sure whether the tuning part done properly or not... Is there anything wrong on my mods? or anything additionally need to be done? as I know MMC efi can perform beetter than svdo, but now Im really lost... Hope to get guidance here...

Thanks a lot guys in advance... :idea::driver:

Re: help on 4g13 mods... already done with the mods..., need help from sifus please!!

mmc system can perform better only if their engine management is altered... because siemens vdo ecu is self-learning ecu, it can self adjust to suit your new engine setup...

my advice, get a piggyback ecu and fine tune your fuel mapping and ignition to suit your new setup...

S16

Nov 17, 2010
Re: help on 4g13 mods... already done with the mods..., need help from sifus please!!

bro skywalker, thx for the clarification... how much will it cost? and where can I do that in malacca?

price depends on what piggyback ecu u going for... mostly ranges above 1k...
there are a few workshop can install and road-tune the ecu for u... but my recommendation would be the tuning best done on dyno... u get better accuracy in tuning on a constant environment.... u will be able to achieve the best horsepower output reading as well...

S16

Nov 17, 2010

haiz... the cost of modding is killing me as I'm still a student... Can I go for 2nd hand unit of Emanage?

Shinjite

Feb 27, 2006

2nd hand unit of E-Manage is okay but avoid imitation/fake ones

S16

Nov 17, 2010

thx guys for the guidance... yet i could not afford a e-manage now... maybe after 4 or 5 months... :)

S16

Nov 17, 2010

guyz, whats the price range of original emanage blue unit? how to identify between the ori and fake one?

AD_EG

Apr 5, 2009

bro can look for M-con also...same as emanage...i think no fake for that yet..can check at marketplace...a reputable seller in zth also have it.

M7 Japan EM-CON (Peggy back ECU) Aka GReddy Emanage

can pm or call him for details...

S16

Nov 17, 2010

thx AD_EG, but i think will go for 2nd hand unit of emanage with full harnesses...

AD_EG

Apr 5, 2009

can browse on mudah bro..i think i saw a 2nd hand m-con there also.

May I suggest a cheaper option?

Reflash your MMC ECU. SVDO can't do this.

S16

Nov 17, 2010

thx bro Izso... But reflashing jz an update of the ecu software... how about the tuning part?

Well, I think the lack of power is possibly due to the A/F or the map. Have that adjusted in the reflash and it should compensate mah. But you're probably right about the tuning.

Btw, you're probably the first ever person I've ever seen complain about MMC and compliment VDO. :biggrin:

LOL

hello everyone, i'm currently driving a proton iswara lmst.. i have been thinking of improving the overall performance, power, handling etc.. i went thru a lot of threads and post, but it seems that nothing much can be done.. heck, even hooking up a zenden strut bar also is impossible.. they said it's not feasible for an iswara.. so far, i have been beautifying the interior only la.. and not to mention a lot of ICE shits inside too..ehehehehe.. i recently purchased something called magic...