Advice needed on changing 6 speed to my BT

Sil80-13

1,000 RPM
Mar 15, 2009
Hi guys,

Currently run on a 5 Speed on my BT. If I want to change to 6 speed LSD gearbox, what should I change? Gearbox only? HOw about ECU? Anyone can help here & all together how much would it cost?

And what is the difference between 5 speed & 6 speed & which one is more pickup?

caleb_5375

1,000 RPM
Jul 21, 2007
gear linkage oso needed to change....coz they are different...

Known Member
Jan 3, 2008
yup, need that gear linkage, 5 spd not same as 6 spd. No needed to change ecu, price not sure how much its is, not sure interm of performance, any 6 spd user comment?

caleb_5375

1,000 RPM
Jul 21, 2007
can't give much comment on this convertion coz last time i drive 6 speed is terus halfcut one...OTAI OTAI pls help here....

achioe

Known Member
Jun 13, 2005
kch
gear linkage is different but still can use, little bit hard changing to reverse gear..gearbox mounting also need to modify coz 5 speed and speed not same..

km_chew

Known Member
Aug 10, 2004
Penang
1.Gearbox
2.Linkage
3.Mounting

Item 2, you can mod your 5speed to have the extra gear in but not recommended. (ori 6 speed linkage is the best and accurate)

ECU, no need 6speed . Difference between your ECU and 6speed ECU is the premature rev on each gear change.

Lastly, remember to give your gearbox a good lubricant as this gearbox are not cheap to come by.

scottwrx

500 RPM
Nov 18, 2007
if possible just get a complete 6 speed gb with the linkage... coz diy is not reccomended.. you will face the issues of premature wear of your gear synchro if the gear level is not accurate.. it wont be expensive to repair but you need find the spare parts and open the gb everytime your wear out the gear synchro drive.. if your are on budget better get the 6 speed without lsd one lor.. less than 2k including linkage n level...

ecu is almost the same, 6 speed ecu only has another function on the maintaining the rev during upshift n down shift. other than that, it is the same..

as for gb mounting, you need to mod another plate as a converter, and use corolla SE mounting

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi expert, I just do DIY, top overhaul for my car, Proton Wira 1.5 GLi (4G15P SOHC) standard engine. After completed and part assembled, I reach at critical point, where is my sprocket pulley marking:-
1) right at mark, or
2) advance 3 tooth from mark.

Please share your expertize for this timing setting. give some tips for set-up timing from crankshaft sprocket to camshaft sprocket.

thank a lot in advanced to all master wira chief.

Ariko
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience