Advice needed on fully adjustable suspension kit for Toyota Corolla Altis

kian26

Jan 22, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Hi fellow mates, I am driving an Altis make 2002, and after near to 8 years drive. I intend to mod my ride a little to supress my intention buying new ride due to my future plan. So instead of buying a sporty ride now and having it mod from time to time, I've decided to make my current car into better performance. Since I am using it as a daily car, the modification will not be extreme. My current intention is to improve its handling for high speed especially cornering. (for those who had driven an altis, you should know what i mean, the stock parts are just radiculous) Sorry if you think that I should have been waste money better on other thing than an Altis. As my first ride, it somehow has an attachment with me. Also, I do not intend to sell it away even I get a new ride. Stupid it may have sound to some of you.

Now, back to topic. Currently, I am looking for one whole set of fully adjustable suspension kit (hi-lo,soft-hard). But, I have no idea if there is any brand with such product that fit into my ride. As I am not one who is updated to current car modification. Thus I would like to know if someone could provide me with some useful info about mentioned product. From what I've been reading the forum, many suggested some well known brand like tein, hks, cusco and I also saw some from TRD. But I curious if they have any product that can fit into my little ride.

Thank you for your time reading it.

Cheers,
Kian26

lkeong88

Known Member
Nov 1, 2009
Cheras
Tein, hwl, titan and some taiwanese brands has sets for altis

Alternatively you could just change the springs on your stock absorber and also install some bars to tighten the chassis

glanza

Known Member
Nov 2, 2005
kl/kelate
i think tein has a model can fit your altis..try check with tein dealer..N1 racing maybe. other brand im not sure even TRD.

LittleWhiteWagon

1,500 RPM
Oct 12, 2009
P.J
Hi fellow mates, I am driving an Altis make 2002, and after near to 8 years drive. I intend to mod my ride a little to supress my intention buying new ride due to my future plan. So instead of buying a sporty ride now and having it mod from time to time, I've decided to make my current car into better performance. Since I am using it as a daily car, the modification will not be extreme. My current intention is to improve its handling for high speed especially cornering. (for those who had driven an altis, you should know what i mean, the stock parts are just radiculous) Sorry if you think that I should have been waste money better on other thing than an Altis. As my first ride, it somehow has an attachment with me. Also, I do not intend to sell it away even I get a new ride. Stupid it may have sound to some of you.

Now, back to topic. Currently, I am looking for one whole set of fully adjustable suspension kit (hi-lo,soft-hard). But, I have no idea if there is any brand with such product that fit into my ride. As I am not one who is updated to current car modification. Thus I would like to know if someone could provide me with some useful info about mentioned product. From what I've been reading the forum, many suggested some well known brand like tein, hks, cusco and I also saw some from TRD. But I curious if they have any product that can fit into my little ride.

Thank you for your time reading it.

Cheers,
Kian26
Hey dude welcome to ZTH, nice to hear youre modding your own car just because you can and want to, not because people told you to :wavey:.

Anyways! Suspension. Have you ever heard about titans? Theyre pretty recomended by people who use them... http://www.titanshocks.com/index.html <----- heres the site for refference :biggrin:. Think of them as the Malaysian bilstein.

Oh and hey, altises can be modified to be really cool too haha :biggrin:. Check out the thumbnail I put in, maybe for a referrence or something. I have TOTALLY no experience in suspension-wise except in GAB shocks and uh, its not worth your money :rolleyes:. Suspension really is depending on your budget, what you plan to do with the car, like say you just want more grip and firmness for the street or you want to be able to tailgate civics down genting WHILE cornering ahahaha.

Have fun choosing! And welcome again :driver:

Attachments

FGT

500 RPM
May 19, 2007
interesting...i might try titan next time i change my shocks :D

anyone knows the price range for a non-adjustable set for ae111? or dont they have it???? :D

Last edited:

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
kian26: Go for TRD Suspension..I heard they are superb but price are around 3K+ from what I heard but is really worth getting the suspension..

Well, what u pay is what u get. That's what everyone said.

I fully support u on modding Altis as I'm also driving one but is not fully mine lar hehe! :biggrin: Stock suspension of Altis really sucks...i totally agree! Handling suspension makes the bigger impact but some stabilizer bars might help to improve further on handling...

But do u face any driveshaft problem? Is damn kaw costly to change...2K+ to change each driveshaft :banghead:

P.S: I'm prepared for some zha games from friends of ZTH adi...:banghead:

lkeong88

Known Member
Nov 1, 2009
Cheras
interesting...i might try titan next time i change my shocks :D

anyone knows the price range for a non-adjustable set for ae111? or dont they have it???? :D
I got 1 set titan adjustable for sale. Same price with a new set of titan non adjustable RM2500. BTW titan non adjustable you need to sacrifice your stock suspension because they will cut out the spring mount and weld it onto the titan

---------- Post added at 12:29 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 12:28 PM ----------

BTW you can go to myaltis.com to ask for better opinions

kian26

Jan 22, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
@lkeong88
ya, i am planning to change my spring to stock absorber and test if i needed to get a new set of absorber. Besides, i might get anti-roll bars and stablizer bar done to strengten my chasis.

@nappx
Hehe..browse thru the both webbie and realise no trd parts can be found for my car T_T.

@glanza
Just got quotation from n1racing and they say they have only Tein Basic (hi-lo) for my car.

@whitewagon
Heard about Titans but some complain about the noise. not sure about it. But will check it out also.

@Supra Fanatics
Yeah, will look into TRD but I doubt they have product for altis as Japan Toyota do not manufacture Altis. Low hope, but I will still give it a try.

Thank you guys. You guys have give me very clear guideline in here.

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
kian26: They now have a Set of TRD suspension for both old and new altis...so no worries...the only place i know can get genuine parts of toyota is WIng Hin...go to Wing Hin Motorsports at somewhere on the way to cheras from Jalan Loke Yew...

They are selling TRD suspension...I have the number if u want to give them a call to check if there are stocks available...

U might wanna ask whether they have a Supercharger kit for our 1ZZ-FE...hehe!

kian26

Jan 22, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Ya,I am planning to go Wing Hin Motorsport to check on the stock tomorrow because my friend told me they are the only one who deal with TRD in malaysia. Can't wait to see leh..hehe...

Supercharger kit too hardcore to newbie like me.hehe
By the way, it would be great if you could give me their contact so that I can call them to ask first.

---------- Post added at 11:47 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 11:45 PM ----------

this car is too sexy to be true.
http://img694.imageshack.us/img694/1084/carub.jpg

LittleWhiteWagon

1,500 RPM
Oct 12, 2009
P.J
Ya,I am planning to go Wing Hin Motorsport to check on the stock tomorrow because my friend told me they are the only one who deal with TRD in malaysia. Can't wait to see leh..hehe...

Supercharger kit too hardcore to newbie like me.hehe
By the way, it would be great if you could give me their contact so that I can call them to ask first.

---------- Post added at 11:47 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 11:45 PM ----------

this car is too sexy to be true.
http://img694.imageshack.us/img694/1084/carub.jpg
OH LORD. The bodykit looks like it came STRAIGHT from the 1990's :thefinger:...

yeehau86

Helmet Clan
Feb 10, 2007
kian26, get ready to get shocked when they quote you the price, trust me..I ask them before..What I know is they quote based on the foreign exchange rate for Japanese currency..So if the Japanese Yen appreciates against Ringgit Malaysia, then you are at a disadvantage situation..

I am using an adjustable now, what I can say is the ride won't be as comfort as your situation now, so better think twice before deciding..as you know, adjustable will be stiffer..well, you can consider Koni absorber + Eibach springs too..the price is around the TRD range..

LittleWhiteWagon

1,500 RPM
Oct 12, 2009
P.J
kian26: Go for TRD Suspension..I heard they are superb but price are around 3K+ from what I heard but is really worth getting the suspension..

Well, what u pay is what u get. That's what everyone said.

I fully support u on modding Altis as I'm also driving one but is not fully mine lar hehe! :biggrin: Stock suspension of Altis really sucks...i totally agree! Handling suspension makes the bigger impact but some stabilizer bars might help to improve further on handling...

But do u face any driveshaft problem? Is damn kaw costly to change...2K+ to change each driveshaft :banghead:

P.S: I'm prepared for some zha games from friends of ZTH adi...:banghead:
Of course it does! It controls the movement of the car left to right like a torsion spring would but ONLY left and right... Up and down is strictly shocks and springs :rolleyes:

Oh chassis bracing + foaming helps too. I did the foaming part :biggrin:

kian26

Jan 22, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
bro yeehau, are you refering to TRD price quotation or other brand?

oh ya bro supra, i have no problem with my drive shaft but it seems like many people have this problem.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Good day

Assuming i already have a paint code, lets say i have a Lexus Paint Code Glacier Frost Mica (Paint Code 074).

Which / where is the best shop that i can send my car to for repaint to this EXACT same color as if it was out form the factory ?

(Within KL/PJ Area, and for reasonable price -meaning not dirt cheap, but not dirt expensive)? Would appreciate any recommendaitons. THanks guys !
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience