20v advice needed

GRexer

GRexer™ KuzTomZ
Nov 14, 2003
Puchong
Hi guys, i'm facing some problems with my 20v engine lately. It seems like petrol consumption suddenly shot up lately(same type of driving situations). From normally 400KMs for around RM50 to currently 320Kms for RM50(same fuel price). What would be the cause of it?

And also i'll be replacing the clutch soon as i'm replacing the flywheel oil seal which is already leaking to save on workmanship. Any clutch to recommend? as well as gearbox oil? Am running the C56 5-speed non-LSD gearbox. The clutch pump probably needs replacement as well.

And lastly, what type of brake pads is recommended for the stock Levin AE101 silvertop brakes? Good enough for fast street usage, probably not going to go trackdays with the car.

Thanks in advance.

beyond

Known Member
Sep 14, 2005
KayEL
I m having the same problem as u are. Just that it all started after I transpanted the engine. Now full tank can only go about 360 Kms..William from Trial suggested top overhaul for my problem.

suma_

Known Member
Jun 3, 2005
DU
High fuel consumption?

is it because of the pedal touch the floor while driving on street lane? hehehehehe...

actually many factors should be taken care.
u can start with inspecting the exhaust smoke.. white, blueish or dark/balckie... then check the timing... may be time for throttle body cleanning required (pls call dato' EFN) ...

may be u can describe more any symptoms during/while driving the car...

by the way... GRexer: ugpm

GRexer

GRexer™ KuzTomZ
Nov 14, 2003
Puchong
suma, i'm pretty sure i drive around wif some pedal to the metal sometimes, but it's common that i do tekan a bit sometimes, but somehow, it's more or less average, doesn't really make sense that all along full tank can do 400KM and now suddenly drop to 320KM, that's why it's bothering me. In fact, the fuel level on the meter panel is noticibly reducing each time i drive the car out! :o I'm making comparisons of different trips on my 4A-GE as i never drove with the stock engine before.

Anyway... any recommendations for the clutch and brake pads?

trdturbo

Known Member
Dec 20, 2004
SCOTLAND,UK.
Visit site
ehm...my stock engine 4AFE - auto.

Same fuel consumption like 20V now... :(

RM50 - 300KM like that oni ....

somemore no power.... :( :(

planning to get 20V next year...

CNY got bonus ma...hhehe

hitz

1,000 RPM
Nov 17, 2003
Kepong, KL
U can try the Redline Gearbox oil..... A few forummer also using them... Quite good...

GRexer

GRexer™ KuzTomZ
Nov 14, 2003
Puchong
I'm using Redline in my Wira, it felt good for the first 5,000KM, but after that, it's less smooth compared to earlier on. :(

Anyway, anybody know how do i identify the Exedy organic clutch for the C56 gearbox? I guess i'll just stick to Exedy organic clutch.

Another question in mind. For those who are using the C56 gearbox, what's the engine speed at 110km/h? Mine is 3,400-3,500rpm like that, dunno it's accurate or not.

Feilo

500 RPM
Jul 23, 2005
...Ipoh...
beyond said:
I m having the same problem as u are. Just that it all started after I transpanted the engine. Now full tank can only go about 360 Kms..William from Trial suggested top overhaul for my problem.
Brother may I ask why U think your engine need to overhaul???? Becoz of white smoke piston ring makan.... Or black smoke corbon deposite at valve there.... Why not U try turning 1st, then if black smoke got carbon then U can try 1 product call valve clean it caost around Rm100 use chemical to clean up.... If thorttle got problem better call Sifu EFN for rescue :wink:

beyond

Known Member
Sep 14, 2005
KayEL
Well..He suggested overhaul. But then..I never did anything to the engine before prior to this. It a 1991 silvertop. Never been overhaul before. So I guess it is a good investment as well..MIght as well get it done. :) I think EFN did the same thing too when he first got his silvertop. Coincidently same year as mine IIANM. He went to powerzone and spent bout RM3K? ANd the results were fantastic.

GRexer

GRexer™ KuzTomZ
Nov 14, 2003
Puchong
Hm... well... any suggestions for clutch, gearbox oil and brake pads? Don't seem to get much feedback regarding this :( Everyone secret mods ke? :p

chinozie

Very Young Member... :D
Jul 5, 2004
Damansara
4age20v.blogsome.com
aaaa...forgot...
also don't ferget to check ur plug condition...
clean ur air filter...if using open port...
clean it the special cleaner...
n lastly ask sifoo EFN to clean ur TB...

levin818

1,000 RPM
Nov 29, 2003
Shah Alam
Visit site
I have a dirty air filter that gave me 330...300....280km/43L.
After had it replaced, the mileage goes back to 380km/43L at city drive.
I am running SVT with auto tranny.

Feilo

500 RPM
Jul 23, 2005
...Ipoh...
Another thing U must check iss the Fuel Filter......

And change this staff no need to reset the ECU......

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hi guys.... where can i find honda jazz's door panel??? i mean to change to a new set of door panel...... issit possible to find at honda service centre??? or where can i find it???
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience