185/60/R14 on Myvi stock rims

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
The name sounds like chinese name. So, I thought it is some China tyre.
Sounds Chinese have Wanli, but Probably is Jingyu which is greenish blue.....hahhahahhah:driver:

---------- Post added at 11:55 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 11:54 AM ----------

BTW guys, any review or opinion on this Dunlop SP Sport J3?
Same loh....entry level.....:driver:

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
All because of torsion beam in Myvi, haha.

Not much performance tyres available for 14 inch nowadays. Last time, there is Advan AD-07 for 185/60/R14. I think for me now, something like Yokohama C-Drive 2 will do.
I think idid mention in this forum not too long ago that i saw a semi slick for that size.
If u want performance then there u have it.
If not mistaken its from achilles.

Imho,would be an overkill esp on a myvito cracker.

On the handling there is a video in youtube where an owner of a vtec powered honda manage to reduced
his car weight to an extreme weight of below 700kg.the star driver invited to test the car was impressed with the achievement but mention that its very unsafe to drive anything below 900kg(if i recall correctly).very unstable at high speed and unsafe in a crash.

Probably thats what happen to my friend's sis when her myvi wqs thrown all over the place and spinning 360 wildly despite crashing as moderate speed of 70-80kmh.
suffered a punctured lung.

issuzark

500 RPM
Sep 4, 2014
Kuala Lumpur
I think idid mention in this forum not too long ago that i saw a semi slick for that size.

On the handling there is a video in youtube where an owner of a vtec powered honda manage to reduced
his car weight to an extreme weight of below 700kg.the star driver invited to test the car was impressed with the achievement but mention that its very unsafe to drive anything below 900kg(if i recall correctly).very unstable at high speed and unsafe in a crash.

Probably thats what happen to my friend's sis when her myvi wqs thrown all over the place and spinning 360 wildly despite crashing as moderate speed of 70-80kmh.
Wah 80 also spin wildly. But stock myvi isnt that light is it? Still above the 900 mark if im not mistaken.

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
Wah 80 also spin wildly. But stock myvi isnt that light is it? Still above the 900 mark if im not mistaken.
Still above 900 but with shabby handling,bad brakes,driver attitude...recipe for disaster after initial contact or incident.

the satria gti r3 is at 980kg if not mistaken.
come to think abt it,even f1 cars are above 900kg right?
the gti r3 is metal body and chassis,f1 is carbon.
F1 are purely racing car and i believe they can easily engineered a car below 500kg but they dont as they need the safety aspect too.

more weight and decent suspension is better at high speed.
I am talking abt the weight of the car itself and not what it carry as i sat at the rear seat of a myvi with another friend and the driver was going at 100kmh.very unpleasent feeling.the suspension never once settled.

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya

Every day drive better have UHP or Max not semi slick....:biggrin:

---------- Post added at 07:04 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 07:04 PM ----------

Many accidents I saw they turn turtle leh....:hmmmm:

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Sounds Chinese have Wanli, but Probably is Jingyu which is greenish blue.....hahhahahhah:driver:

---------- Post added at 11:55 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 11:54 AM ----------

Same loh....entry level.....:driver:
Entry level also got good and bad ones mah. Like Duraplus which isn't so good and there is Ecopia which seems to be well received.

Achilles? I'll try search some info over the net for it.

Below 700kg Honda? Can be done if it is a EF9 Civic I guess....

Still above 900 but with shabby handling,bad brakes,driver attitude...recipe for disaster after initial contact or incident.

the satria gti r3 is at 980kg if not mistaken.
come to think abt it,even f1 cars are above 900kg right?
the gti r3 is metal body and chassis,f1 is carbon.
F1 are purely racing car and i believe they can easily engineered a car below 500kg but they dont as they need the safety aspect too.

more weight and decent suspension is better at high speed.
I am talking abt the weight of the car itself and not what it carry as i sat at the rear seat of a myvi with another friend and the driver was going at 100kmh.very unpleasent feeling.the suspension never once settled.
F1 I think is around 600kg plus only. What's keeping it stable and planted to the ground are the aerodynamic parts which created a strong downforce.

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Entry level also got good and bad ones mah. Like Duraplus which isn't so good and there is Ecopia which seems to be well received.

F1 I think is around 600kg plus only. What's keeping it stable and planted to the ground are the aerodynamic parts which created a strong downforce.
Actually not to say good or bad, but to fit ones priorities. If drive like unker, then duraplus will be just as good, that is why many categories of tyres to choose from....

F1 light and safe. The driver's cabin is super strong.....:adore:

issuzark

500 RPM
Sep 4, 2014
Kuala Lumpur
Every day drive better have UHP or Max not semi slick....:biggrin:

---------- Post added at 07:04 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 07:04 PM ----------

Many accidents I saw they turn turtle leh....:hmmmm:
Too tall gua... Or maybe just bad suspension.

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Actually not to say good or bad, but to fit ones priorities. If drive like unker, then duraplus will be just as good, that is why many categories of tyres to choose from....

F1 light and safe. The driver's cabin is super strong.....:adore:
Then is there any entry level that is more leaned towards performance?

Too tall gua... Or maybe just bad suspension.
Even if you lower the car, torsion beam is still there. :biggrin:

But still, nothing beats double wishbone suspension in old Civics... :adore:

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka

Even if you lower the car, torsion beam is still there. :biggrin:

But still, nothing beats double wishbone suspension in old Civics... :adore:
U can try BS Turanza,my waja was using them before changing to ecopia.
Dont recall which variant it was.
Dry grip is still there even at 30-40% tread left.dry grip oso much better than ecopia.
Wet tracking is better than ecopia but wet braking,ecopia wins.

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
As mentioned got many categories of tyres. Want performance use next up. Entry level is entry level. How to have performance then what is performance category for?....:biggrin:

---------- Post added at 02:41 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 02:40 PM ----------

Are the old Civics that bad?
Not bad, but good.....:rofl:

---------- Post added at 02:46 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 02:41 PM ----------

Dry grip is still there even at 30-40% tread left.dry grip oso much better than ecopia.
Turanza suppose to be their mid range tyres, however their AR-10 feedback is not that good. GR series is much better from GR-80 to 90 now is GR-100.

They have lower entry level Eco tyres called the B series.

Highest is their performance Potenza range.

issuzark

500 RPM
Sep 4, 2014
Kuala Lumpur
As mentioned got many categories of tyres. Want performance use next up. Entry level is entry level. How to have performance then what is performance category for?....:biggrin:

---------- Post added at 02:41 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 02:40 PM ----------

The EK batch is it? :adore:

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
How much for the price? At average?

Is it on this list?
TURANZA | Passenger Tyres | Bridgestone Tyre Sales Malaysia

Are the old Civics that bad?
Bad? Surely not. For me, old Civic are the one of the best cars for mod under RM50k. Superior handling above many.

---------- Post added at 02:46 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 02:41 PM ----------

Turanza suppose to be their mid range tyres, however their AR-10 feedback is not that good. GR series is much better from GR-80 to 90 now is GR-100.

They have lower entry level Eco tyres called the B series.

Highest is their performance Potenza range.
As for comparison, C-Drive 2 from Yokohama is at mid range too isn't it?

The EK batch is it? :adore:
EF, EG and EK. All of them use double wishbone suspension. Double wishbone suspension - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The old Civic are light and agile especially hatchback variants. Responsive 1.6 or 1.8 litre B16/B18 NA VTEC engines with good gear ratios makes them quite fast. Handling is good with double wishbone suspension... Besides, if you're bored with the old B series VTEC engine, you can still upgrade to the new K20A VTEC engine if you have the money. :adore:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

another
"believe it or not - ripley's" - KC detailing adventure tales

the heat of the day...sun .... nearly gave me a stroke & a sun burn too

This car was pronounce beyond repair or detail & was doomed for respraying work...instead of restoration work...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience