185/60/R14 on Myvi stock rims

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Damn sad after hearing this from you. Because my front tyres currently are Duraplus... Even once, a mechanic told me and my grandfather that this tyre sucks.

They have a tendency to use alphabets from the end of the lists. Z, V, R, S, X....

Got what other recommendation? Oh yea, lately I've noticed this tyre called Ecopia from Bridgestone. How does that one fares?
I think told you before, Duraplus as it is named for durability. More for taxi use and temperature rating is B only.......

Aiyah, Champiro Eco you already say the name Eco already discourage, so Ecopia same mah.....:smokin:

---------- Post added at 02:05 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 02:04 PM ----------

Saw lots wira upsize to 17" so can fit if he wants the HPY haha!

Ecopia feedback saying better than Duraplus and Michelin XM2. Havent tried so no comment.
15" he already think twice some more ask him change 17"......:banghead:

---------- Post added at 02:08 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 02:05 PM ----------

If I'm using something like 4G93T or 4G63T, then I'll use 17" for wider tyre track for grip.. But now using 4G15 only... Change to 17" will just make my car even slower than now... Even if I am using 4G92 MIVEC also, I still think 17" is a bit too heavy for 1.6 litre NA....

Interesting... I shall add Ecopia into the consideration list the next time I'm changing tyres. How good is XM2? My mother's Avanza is using that. From what I see, XM2 only has 2 grooves (that longkang thing) unlike most tyres where they have 3 grooves. That Avanza is using 185/65/R15...
Car slow means more stable.......hhahhahahahahahahhaahahhahahahahhahha:biggrin:

The XM2 having 2 grooves is because that one is narrow tyre. If wider will have 3 grooves....:driver:

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
If I'm using something like 4G93T or 4G63T, then I'll use 17" for wider tyre track for grip.. But now using 4G15 only... Change to 17" will just make my car even slower than now... Even if I am using 4G92 MIVEC also, I still think 17" is a bit too heavy for 1.6 litre NA....

Interesting... I shall add Ecopia into the consideration list the next time I'm changing tyres. How good is XM2? My mother's Avanza is using that. From what I see, XM2 only has 2 grooves (that longkang thing) unlike most tyres where they have 3 grooves. That Avanza is using 185/65/R15...
How good is XM2? Good for Point A-B. But not good for me :rofl:
But slight beating or hardcore driving still can take it..more than that cannot adi since this tyre not meant for such driving...is ECO tyres anyway

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
But slight beating or hardcore driving still can take it..more than that cannot adi since this tyre not meant for such driving...is ECO tyres anyway
You were die hard Michelin mah! last time......:smokin:

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
for that just use 195/50-15 is good enough...

corsa veera tyre already only rm140/pcs.... so cheap for basically a good daily tyre... (im using it and loving it much more than nct5 which is more expensive)
Corsa Veera? Never heard of such brand before. RM140 for 175/65/R14?

I think told you before, Duraplus as it is named for durability. More for taxi use and temperature rating is B only.......

Aiyah, Champiro Eco you already say the name Eco already discourage, so Ecopia same mah.....:smokin:

---------- Post added at 02:05 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 02:04 PM ----------

15" he already think twice some more ask him change 17"......:banghead:

---------- Post added at 02:08 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 02:05 PM ----------

Car slow means more stable.......hhahhahahahahahahhaahahhahahahahhahha:biggrin:

The XM2 having 2 grooves is because that one is narrow tyre. If wider will have 3 grooves....:driver:
But ecopia is from Bridgestone, so, there is some sort of expectations for it, haha. Now regret with that Temperature rating B for Duraplus. Every other car in my house have tyres rated A for traction and temperature. :banghead:

True, 15" is expensive if I'm looking for good ones. Saw before at mudah ori RPF1 15" can cost around RM2k plus... If 17", the price will cost more than my whole car.

Well, with 17 inch sure stable plus it is slower. :rofl: It is already slow enough now. The Myvi 1.3 manual mentioned in this thread is faster than my Wira even though I haven't tried a head to head comparison yet. Already can feel the surge of acceleration in 1st and 2nd gear which is more violent than what I felt in Wira.

So, 185 size XM2 only have 2 grooves no matter for what rim size? Well, even C Drive 2 have 4 grooves for 185/60/R14....

I thought you are praising XM2 based on what you write in your previous posts. :biggrin:

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Just came back from tyre shop. Bought 185/60/R14 Dunlop SP Sport J3 for RM140. 185/60/R14 Viking CityTech out of stock...

Last edited:

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
So in the end it's all about what's available at the shop and your budget.

The Myvi 1.3 manual mentioned in this thread is faster than my Wira even though I haven't tried a head to head comparison yet. Already can feel the surge of acceleration in 1st and 2nd gear which is more violent than what I felt in Wira.
Hello... Myvi lighter weight and shorter gear ratios. You want surge swap your 1.5 GB with a 1.3 one. Confirm surge like Myvi. But you'll still lose because of the weight difference.

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
Damn sad after hearing this from you. Because my front tyres currently are Duraplus... Even once, a mechanic told me and my grandfather that this tyre sucks.

They have a tendency to use alphabets from the end of the lists. Z, V, R, S, X....

Got what other recommendation? Oh yea, lately I've noticed this tyre called Ecopia from Bridgestone. How does that one fares?
My waja is on BS Ecopia.205/55/16 and got it for rm280 last time.
dry grip is so-so.what amaze me is its wet braking ability.its biting the road like magnet even when its very wet.
just like xm2,the wet grip is just like the grip in wet which is cool.
my blm is on xm2 and its a robust all rounder.

On the ecopia,once the 'leaf' pattern worn out,wet grip is reduced and sensitive driver can actually feels the difference.a friend does not believe its an eco tire when seeing the tread before seing the side marking.

Ecopia oso contribute to fuel saving,no kidding.unlike xm2,if u keeps record on your fc u will notice the saving.rolling resistance is very low too,which helps to lower fc as i can release the gas pedal sooner and let it coast.

on the noise,ecopia is much more noisy compared to xm2.

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
So in the end it's all about what's available at the shop and your budget.
The problem with bro. Renesis, he got no say. Must go to that shop, so what that shop have is what he has to take. Told me before when he got the Viking for his Wira :smokin:........hahhahahah:biggrin:

issuzark

500 RPM
Sep 4, 2014
Kuala Lumpur
The problem with bro. Renesis, he got no say. Must go to that shop, so what that shop have is what he has to take. Told me before when he got the Viking for his Wira :smokin:........hahhahahah:biggrin:
Can preorder woh! Go there in advance and tell them what he want, go there can buy. :biggrin:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

I jumped into the hot seat with Peter Hackett, Australian AMG GT3 race driver where he demonstrates the talent of AMG's GTR road car. Peter takes us on a 1 and half lap round the Sepang International Circuit while describing the best features and sensation as he goes...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience