185/60/R14 on Myvi stock rims

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
I thought its that he can only take what the shop has mah! Judging from your post. If not then susah already. Hmm..
Unlike you, you call to order first then when tyres arrive they inform you to come and fit.....lol:biggrin:

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
So in the end it's all about what's available at the shop and your budget.

Hello... Myvi lighter weight and shorter gear ratios. You want surge swap your 1.5 GB with a 1.3 one. Confirm surge like Myvi. But you'll still lose because of the weight difference.
Sounds like Myvi beat me flat on. Even at higher speed like 80kmh, Myvi still accelerates faster than my Wira. Perhaps my car is just old and Myvi had help from variable valve timing....

My waja is on BS Ecopia.205/55/16 and got it for rm280 last time.
dry grip is so-so.what amaze me is its wet braking ability.its biting the road like magnet even when its very wet.
just like xm2,the wet grip is just like the grip in wet which is cool.
my blm is on xm2 and its a robust all rounder.

On the ecopia,once the 'leaf' pattern worn out,wet grip is reduced and sensitive driver can actually feels the difference.a friend does not believe its an eco tire when seeing the tread before seing the side marking.

Ecopia oso contribute to fuel saving,no kidding.unlike xm2,if u keeps record on your fc u will notice the saving.rolling resistance is very low too,which helps to lower fc as i can release the gas pedal sooner and let it coast.

on the noise,ecopia is much more noisy compared to xm2.
Seems like ecopia is a good choice. Do you know how much does it cost for 185/60/R14? Should be considered as entry level tyre isn't it?

The problem with bro. Renesis, he got no say. Must go to that shop, so what that shop have is what he has to take. Told me before when he got the Viking for his Wira :smokin:........hahhahahah:biggrin:
Haha, true that is the case for me. Because everyone in my family went there and they want me to change at there as well. Also because the shop owner is a relative of my aunt. Today I went there, from what I see, the largest size they have there is only R15. Now only got Viking, Continental, Goodyear, Dunlop and one more china brand with blue lettering on the brand which I forgot the name. :banghead:

Can preorder woh! Go there in advance and tell them what he want, go there can buy. :biggrin:
I once asked for Yokohama but they say they don't stock in Yokohama anymore.

Already mentioned he got no say mah!.......lol
Well, everytime I went there, I had to choose on the spot from what they have over there. :mad:

issuzark

500 RPM
Sep 4, 2014
Kuala Lumpur
Haha, true that is the case for me. Because everyone in my family went there and they want me to change at there as well. Also because the shop owner is a relative of my aunt. Today I went there, from what I see, the largest size they have there is only R15. Now only got Viking, Continental, Goodyear, Dunlop and one more china brand with blue lettering on the brand which I forgot the name. :banghead:

I once asked for Yokohama but they say they don't stock in Yokohama anymore.

Well, everytime I went there, I had to choose on the spot from what they have over there. :mad:
Wira can never outaccelerate Myvis without mods. We can out-turn stock Myvis though! :driver:
Also, I fully understand your issue there, heh. Try asking them for Dunlop Dz101 or the Goodyear Eagle F1's! :driver:
If cannot... :hmmmm:

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
Wira can never outaccelerate Myvis without mods. We can out-turn stock Myvis though! :driver:
Also, I fully understand your issue there, heh. Try asking them for Dunlop Dz101 or the Goodyear Eagle F1's! :driver:
my 1.6 auto satria having hard time to win drag race with stock myvi....and even up to speed around 160km/h too....but beyond that :biggrin:

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Seems like ecopia is a good choice. Do you know how much does it cost for 185/60/R14? Should be considered as entry level tyre isn't it?

Yup, Ecopia is entry level...

China so many brands. Blue lettering I know one is Hifly.....:smokin:

You can choose but no say then.....hahhahahha:driver:

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Cornering? Sure. I've driven Myvi before and it definitely feels different compared to Wira during corner.

I'm using 14 inch which I think there is no size for DZ101 or Eagle F1.

According to Wikipedia it's around the same with a stock Wira. Just below 1000kg? Could be variable valve timing or the gearbox though. but I could be wrong too. :stupid:
Again according to Wikipedia, K3-VE produce around 90hp which is same with 4G15 at 90hp but 4G15 have more torque.... In terms of valves and camshaft, K3-VE had more than 4G15... DOHC 16 Valve compared to SOHC 12 Valve.... Gearbox ratio not so sure....

But I know one stock Wira that won't lose to Myvi... The famous C99 Wira 1.8 4G93....:biggrin:

Yup, Ecopia is entry level...

China so many brands. Blue lettering I know one is Hifly.....:smokin:

You can choose but no say then.....hahhahahha:driver:
Although it is entry level, the feedback from you guys seems to be quite positive.

The name sounds like chinese name. So, I thought it is some China tyre.

Choose also among few tyres only.

issuzark

500 RPM
Sep 4, 2014
Kuala Lumpur
Cornering? Sure. I've driven Myvi before and it definitely feels different compared to Wira during corner.

I'm using 14 inch which I think there is no size for DZ101 or Eagle F1.

Again according to Wikipedia, K3-VE produce around 90hp which is same with 4G15 at 90hp but 4G15 have more torque.... In terms of valves and camshaft, K3-VE had more than 4G15... DOHC 16 Valve compared to SOHC 12 Valve.... Gearbox ratio not so sure....

But I know one stock Wira that won't lose to Myvi... The famous C99 Wira 1.8 4G93....:biggrin:

Although it is entry level, the feedback from you guys seems to be quite positive.

The name sounds like chinese name. So, I thought it is some China tyre.

Choose also among few tyres only.
Cornering in a stock Myvi made me wonder how those people dare corner in one. Hahah.

14 inch eh.. I got no idea too actually. Need to double check.
Also, C99 different story mah! :rofl:

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Cornering in a stock Myvi made me wonder how those people dare corner in one. Hahah.

14 inch eh.. I got no idea too actually. Need to double check.
Also, C99 different story mah! :rofl:
All because of torsion beam in Myvi, haha.

Not much performance tyres available for 14 inch nowadays. Last time, there is Advan AD-07 for 185/60/R14. I think for me now, something like Yokohama C-Drive 2 will do.

issuzark

500 RPM
Sep 4, 2014
Kuala Lumpur
All because of torsion beam in Myvi, haha.

Not much performance tyres available for 14 inch nowadays. Last time, there is Advan AD-07 for 185/60/R14. I think for me now, something like Yokohama C-Drive 2 will do.
I wonder how Myvi feels with some bars in it. :biggrin:
Try and get your relative to bring in Yokohama again? :driver:

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
I wonder how Myvi feels with some bars in it. :biggrin:
Try and get your relative to bring in Yokohama again? :driver:
Should feel better I guess? Full set Ultra Racing bars on Myvi. :biggrin:

It'll be some time for the next tyre change. The current ones are still new. When that time comes, I'll see if I can go to another shop or not.

BTW guys, any review or opinion on this Dunlop SP Sport J3?