Old MyVI overhaul

abubin

Jul 13, 2006
I am planning to do an overhaul for myvi 2006 auto 1.3.

Cause the flywheel is leaking oil. Not serious but it's annoying me. There are also signs of head gasket blown as coolant is bubbling when engine is running.

However, I am not confident enough as car DIYer yet. I need more preparations.

Anyone have video or pictures or vlog on myvi top overhaul?

What sort of tools do I need?
- myvi top overhaul kit
- wrenches size 8mm, 10mm, 12mm, 14mm (most commonly used)
- breaker wrench
- gasket maker glue

Appreciate any input.

thread moved to here:
[deleted]

Last edited:

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
I am planning to do an overhaul for myvi 2006 auto 1.3.

Cause the flywheel is leaking oil. Not serious but it's annoying me. There are also signs of head gasket blown as coolant is bubbling when engine is running.

However, I am not confident enough as car DIYer yet. I need more preparations.

Anyone have video or pictures or vlog on myvi top overhaul?

What sort of tools do I need?
- myvi top overhaul kit
- wrenches size 8mm, 10mm, 12mm, 14mm (most commonly used)
- breaker wrench
- gasket maker glue

Appreciate any input.
I deleted your other link. Just use this one which is fine.

overhauling is not something you can do on your own. You'll still need access to a machine that can skim and flatten the cylinder head.

Then assuming you want to remove your GB to change that flywheel leak, you'll need something that's strong enough to hold the GB when you free it up. Also I strongly recommend a mechanic manual and a torque wrench.

Eh wait - top overhaul or full overhaul? If just top you still need to be able to skim the head as there's bound to be some level of head warpage.

If you don't have complete tools then this DIY will take you a while as you'll need to go in and out to buy tools. Then there's also replacing vacuum lines and what not that might be crispy and old.

Myvi top overhaul is easy but you just need to know what you're doing and where to go to do it (head skimming for example)

abubin

Jul 13, 2006
From what I read, myvi k3-ve engine cannot do skimming because it is using timing chain. If done then the timing will become off a bit.

I am not that ambitious to do full overhaul. Top overhaul will do.

Do you know where I can get a copy of mechanic manual for myvi? I don't think this is being sold here. I don't mind paying for softcopy if anyone can sell me.

I have no problem leaving the car opened. This myvi is my spare car which I am not using much yet. Also, thankfully I am staying in an area with lots of spareparts shops.

Thanks for the comment. It helps a lot in knowing more about what I am attempting to do. If really beyond my capability or time then I will get it done in workshop.

sweelt

2,000 RPM
Nov 6, 2016
Penang
From what I read, myvi k3-ve engine cannot do skimming because it is using timing chain. If done then the timing will become off a bit.

I am not that ambitious to do full overhaul. Top overhaul will do.

Do you know where I can get a copy of mechanic manual for myvi? I don't think this is being sold here. I don't mind paying for softcopy if anyone can sell me.

I have no problem leaving the car opened. This myvi is my spare car which I am not using much yet. Also, thankfully I am staying in an area with lots of spareparts shops.

Thanks for the comment. It helps a lot in knowing more about what I am attempting to do. If really beyond my capability or time then I will get it done in workshop.
If u plan to diy, take lots of pictures. And prepare knowledge - tools, youtube, googling...etc.
Pictures before u dive in.

abubin

Jul 13, 2006
Any tips for not screwing up the timing when reassembling?

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

At 5am UK time, Team Lotus F1 will be unveiling their latest machine this Monday to their subscribers and fans only before the world gets to see it. Subscription is free of charge and good before 31st of January. The Subscription automatically puts you in the list to receive their free but highly exclusive Team Lotus Notes magazine...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience