185/60/R14 on Myvi stock rims

issuzark

500 RPM
Sep 4, 2014
Kuala Lumpur
Actually not to say good or bad, but to fit ones priorities. If drive like unker, then duraplus will be just as good, that is why many categories of tyres to choose from....

F1 light and safe. The driver's cabin is super strong.....:adore:
Very light, very strong. :adore:

How much for the price? At average?

Is it on this list?
TURANZA | Passenger Tyres | Bridgestone Tyre Sales Malaysia

Bad? Surely not. For me, old Civic are the one of the best cars for mod under RM50k. Superior handling above many.

As for comparison, C-Drive 2 from Yokohama is at mid range too isn't it?

EF, EG and EK. All of them use double wishbone suspension. Double wishbone suspension - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The old Civic are light and agile especially hatchback variants. Responsive 1.6 or 1.8 litre B16/B18 NA VTEC engines with good gear ratios makes them quite fast. Handling is good with double wishbone suspension... Besides, if you're bored with the old B series VTEC engine, you can still upgrade to the new K20A VTEC engine if you have the money. :adore:
Dang, I've always liked the old Civics, especially the hatchbacks. Can make touge monster since good handling. :biggrin:

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
C-Drive 2 is Mid....:biggrin:
Good, good. Same like Turanza.

Very light, very strong. :adore:

Dang, I've always liked the old Civics, especially the hatchbacks. Can make touge monster since good handling. :biggrin:
But all these old Civic are thief magnet as well especially hatchback ones. Price for hatch is like 20k plus for EF, 30k-40k plus for EG while 50k and above for EK... Too expensive for EK I think...

One more good thing that I've noticed for old Civic is, 15 inch rims are sufficient for them to perform well. At least tyres are cheaper for 15" than the usual 17-18" for most sports cars.

issuzark

500 RPM
Sep 4, 2014
Kuala Lumpur
Good, good. Same like Turanza.

But all these old Civic are thief magnet as well especially hatchback ones. Price for hatch is like 20k plus for EF, 30k-40k plus for EG while 50k and above for EK... Too expensive for EK I think...

One more good thing that I've noticed for old Civic is, 15 inch rims are sufficient for them to perform well. At least tyres are cheaper for 15" than the usual 17-18" for most sports cars.
Anything rare and good these days is a thief magnet these days I guess. Even Myvi's and Wiras are targets. :bawling:

Mod cost for Civics aren't that expensive too I think?

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Anything rare and good these days is a thief magnet these days I guess. Even Myvi's and Wiras are targets. :bawling:

Mod cost for Civics aren't that expensive too I think?
I guess any car that has high demand for parts, then it will be a target for thieves...

Depends on what parts you get for Civic... If you compare the cost of modding Civic with high performance cars like Evo, STI, GT-R, RX-7, Supra then for sure Civic is cheaper. But if you compare with something similar to Civic's category like 4A-GE Corolla, I think Toyota are cheaper. Even Honda B series engine halfcut can cost nearing RM10k while 4A-GE halfcut ranges from 4k to 7k...

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Turanza can be sonsidered above average in term of pricing.the bridgestone name put the price higher than most brand.for myvi size probably 140-160 a piece.

i think ecopia is cheaper rm10-20 only
That wasn't so bad. I was expecting something like 190-200. The other day, tyre shop quoted RM160 for Goodyear NCT5 as well.

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
By the time you start working switch to 15" then you have plenty to choose from.....:biggrin:
True. Hopefully at that time they still produce a wide range of tyres for 15". Look what happened to 14". Used to have more choices than now.

Like Federal RS-R. :biggrin:
That is semi-slick?

I still prefer Max and UHP, as I love driving fast in the rain......:biggrin:
Any examples of Max and UHP? Is it like yoko S-Drive, Dunlop Direzza Z1?

issuzark

500 RPM
Sep 4, 2014
Kuala Lumpur
I still prefer Max and UHP, as I love driving fast in the rain......:biggrin:
RE070 can ah?

That is semi-slick?

Nah. RS-R is extreme, though some people categorize as semi-slick. But Federal semi-slick is FZ-201

Example of Max is like Toyo T1Sport and Potenza RE070.
Example of UHP is RE002, Michelin PS3, Direzza DZ1 (I think?), Federal 595 Evo, and Kumho KU39/Ku31. Not sure about the S-drive. I think it's UHP. :hmmmm:

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
True. Hopefully at that time they still produce a wide range of tyres for 15". Look what happened to 14". Used to have more choices than now.

That is semi-slick?

As long as 15" still popular you will get tyres in that range. 14" mostly 60 series and above dy so no UHP tyres in that size.
If you want Max, have to go to 17" already. Most of them like Asy2, Conti CSC5, Hankook S1Evo2 all start in 17"

---------- Post added at 10:29 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 10:23 PM ----------

RE070 can ah?

Nah. RS-R is extreme, though some people categorize as semi-slick. But Federal semi-slick is FZ-201

Example of Max is like Toyo T1Sport and Potenza RE070.
Example of UHP is RE002, Michelin PS3, Direzza DZ1 (I think?), Federal 595 Evo, and Kumho KU39/Ku31. Not sure about the S-drive. I think it's UHP. :hmmmm:
Is Direzza DZ101 and now 102. The Extreme model is Direzza Z1 Star Spec.

RE-070 is extreme also, RE-050 is Max

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
I'm getting a little confused now. At first I thought all these are in the same category but now there is UHP and Max. Pardon me for asking, but what's the difference?

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
I'm getting a little confused now. At first I thought all these are in the same category but now there is UHP and Max. Pardon me for asking, but what's the difference?
Used to be UHP was the highest then will jump to Extreme. Extreme usually more for dry so it has soft compound and more for track use but road legal. Then they develop Max, actually a UHP but better so they decide to create another level called Max, so this Max falls in between UHP and Extreme

Slick
Semi Slick
Extreme
Max
UHP
Comfort Performance
HP
Entry & Eco

HP and Comfort Performance towards Mid range

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

sifu out there,

Need your feedback, i wan to know wit this mod does it makes alot of diff???

using a s90 tb, skunk intake. on a p&p head... does it makes lot of diff or shall i just port and used a bigger intake from a mit engine! since those honda parts are pricy....

ps head will be fitted wit rpw valve springs and 288/299 or higher matspeed cams! block standard!

thanks alot guys!

na for life:love::love:!!! he he he:adore::adore::adore:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience