It's time to let it go......

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
270whp is not a problem. I've seen 300whp with stock box. Still running strong. Yes it's similar to GTAs.

I got a very good price for trades, so I won't complain tho it's lesser than my target sale price. Yes they said it looks better than I got from them last time. Hahaha.
I've watched one of your videos before that you shared over here. I remember that your Airtrek can hold on boost even through gear changes unlike MT where the throttle needs to be released. Looks like that is one good point about boosting AT cars.

The sight of your engine bay alone shows a much better visual improvement than stock. Especially the relocation of your intercooler which makes the engine bay look better.

Car gone, but please don't disappear from here......lol:biggrin:
Wait until he gets his new car. New project car again. Maybe not much on power mods but perhaps something else. :biggrin:

stutzedward

3,000 RPM
May 27, 2009
KL
I've watched one of your videos before that you shared over here. I remember that your Airtrek can hold on boost even through gear changes unlike MT where the throttle needs to be released. Looks like that is one good point about boosting AT cars.

The sight of your engine bay alone shows a much better visual improvement than stock. Especially the relocation of your intercooler which makes the engine bay look better.

Wait until he gets his new car. New project car again. Maybe not much on power mods but perhaps something else. :biggrin:
Yes another good thing about auto is comfort during traffic jams too. Manual is faster and more fun but when it comes to practicality, auto wins hands down.

Other than performance, I love the cosmetic look of my car inside out too. So that's why I've taken care the cleanliness of the car entirely. Hehhee.

Unfortunately I will be retiring from car scene. Don't be surprised when I tell you I'm going to sell my RX-8 too. Hahahha. No, I am not getting a monster but my new car is HRV. And selling off the second car won't see a replacement too. The reason is because we only use 1 car most of the time. The other one is parked collecting dust. Instead of loosing value and money, we have decided to sell it too and live with one car.

See the point of 'retiring from car scene'? Hehhee

Attachments

fazidk

3,000 RPM
Nov 18, 2003
Yes another good thing about auto is comfort during traffic jams too. Manual is faster and more fun but when it comes to practicality, auto wins hands down.

Other than performance, I love the cosmetic look of my car inside out too. So that's why I've taken care the cleanliness of the car entirely. Hehhee.

Unfortunately I will be retiring from car scene. Don't be surprised when I tell you I'm going to sell my RX-8 too. Hahahha. No, I am not getting a monster but my new car is HRV. And selling off the second car won't see a replacement too. The reason is because we only use 1 car most of the time. The other one is parked collecting dust. Instead of loosing value and money, we have decided to sell it too and live with one car.

Yeah bro I totally know what u mean n how u feel hehe..my old Wira may not look s good s ur trek (definitely..) but I did s much s I cld (wiz d limited financing I had) n had loads of fun wiz it..

But then again u can take d 'car' out of d person but u x really take d person out of d 'car' hehe..family car or not it can stil look good cosmetically if done correctly..maybe slap in a set of rims..n probably a nice body kit..a new paint job (hint hint hehe) n u got n eye catcher..

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh

For a daily drive, even an auto 4G63T is very powerful and more than enough during normal driving situations. Since you are based in KL, auto does matter in traffic.

Din't know you own another performance car other than Airtrek. The RX-8 is also in auto?

HRV is not really a weak car to me. Since it is based on the same platform with Jazz, I see some potential in that car. There are already people who put in a K20A into Jazz. If is possible to fit into Jazz, then it is possible for HRV too and it is also using the same R18A engine from Civic. The possibilities are there. :biggrin:

Yeah bro I totally know what u mean n how u feel hehe..my old Wira may not look s good s ur trek (definitely..) but I did s much s I cld (wiz d limited financing I had) n had loads of fun wiz it..

But then again u can take d 'car' out of d person but u x really take d person out of d 'car' hehe..family car or not it can stil look good cosmetically if done correctly..maybe slap in a set of rims..n probably a nice body kit..a new paint job (hint hint hehe) n u got n eye catcher..
What car have you upgraded now after selling away Wira?

fazidk

3,000 RPM
Nov 18, 2003
For a daily drive, even an auto 4G63T is very powerful and more than enough during normal driving situations. Since you are based in KL, auto does matter in traffic.

Din't know you own another performance car other than Airtrek. The RX-8 is also in auto?

HRV is not really a weak car to me. Since it is based on the same platform with Jazz, I see some potential in that car. There are already people who put in a K20A into Jazz. If is possible to fit into Jazz, then it is possible for HRV too and it is also using the same R18A engine from Civic. The possibilities are there. :biggrin:

Now driving a crv :proud::burnout:

stutzedward

3,000 RPM
May 27, 2009
KL

Being a bit home sick missing the trek, I took my RX-8 out for a spin with my wife. Damn this car handles like a gem and it revs till 8k like double creme when the shift buzz comes on. Smooth and linear delivery of power. It gives me the sports car feel with the sitting position, hugged around cockpit and bucket seats. Hmmmm keep it? I dunno.

stutzedward

3,000 RPM
May 27, 2009
KL

I actually swapped the RX-8 RE30 into my trek. I like the Matt black SSR Type F in my 8. Hehehe.

Oh yes, I have 2 performance cars. The RX-8 was auto as I bought it for my wife 4 years ago. She however seldom uses it as it's not convenient to fetch kids with school bags and stuffs. And also a challenge to go shopping parkings. You know what I mean. You got a RX-8 too right since your nick tells it.

HRV is gonna stay stock. Not gonna touch it like how I did it to the trek. ;)

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Being a bit home sick missing the trek, I took my RX-8 out for a spin with my wife. Damn this car handles like a gem and it revs till 8k like double creme when the shift buzz comes on. Smooth and linear delivery of power. It gives me the sports car feel with the sitting position, hugged around cockpit and bucket seats. Hmmmm keep it? I dunno.
Well, the RX-8 is a real sports car.

I actually swapped the RX-8 RE30 into my trek. I like the Matt black SSR Type F in my 8. Hehehe.

Oh yes, I have 2 performance cars. The RX-8 was auto as I bought it for my wife 4 years ago. She however seldom uses it as it's not convenient to fetch kids with school bags and stuffs. And also a challenge to go shopping parkings. You know what I mean. You got a RX-8 too right since your nick tells it.

So, now the RX-8 is on SSR Type F?

I din't have a RX-8 or any nice car. Just using 4G15 Wira MT. Actually I just turned 23 years old on today. :biggrin:

I am quite young over here. Still learning from people around me and also from my own car. Really can't compare with most of the members over here as I am still studying.

stutzedward

3,000 RPM
May 27, 2009
KL
Well, the RX-8 is a real sports car.

So, now the RX-8 is on SSR Type F?

I din't have a RX-8 or any nice car. Just using 4G15 Wira MT. Actually I just turned 23 years old on today. :biggrin:

I am quite young over here. Still learning from people around me and also from my own car. Really can't compare with most of the members over here as I am still studying.
Yes, every time I drive the RX-8, though it has less power compared to my Airtrek, it feels quick too due to the 350kgs difference in body weight + the great handling from the 50:50 weight distribution. You are right, it's a real sports car and not a high performance SUV per say. The only problem with the 13B is lack of torque. The kick only starts at 7000rpm!

Yes, the RX-8 uses SSR Type F now. It's not as 'flashy' as the bronze RE30. That's the reason why I like it. The titanium grey + matt black rims is very stealth like. I love it. :)

stutzedward

3,000 RPM
May 27, 2009
KL
Well bro Renesis 8, happy birthday to you! Any car is fine as long as you're car enthusiast.

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Keep for weekend drives.....:driver:

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya

I have SUV too, but wife drives that......lol:biggrin:

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Yes, every time I drive the RX-8, though it has less power compared to my Airtrek, it feels quick too due to the 350kgs difference in body weight + the great handling from the 50:50 weight distribution. You are right, it's a real sports car and not a high performance SUV per say. The only problem with the 13B is lack of torque. The kick only starts at 7000rpm!

Yes, the RX-8 uses SSR Type F now. It's not as 'flashy' as the bronze RE30. That's the reason why I like it. The titanium grey + matt black rims is very stealth like. I love it. :)
The advantage that RX-8 have over many other cars would be weight and balance. The 50:50 weight distribution, lightweight and nimbleness makes it a fun car around the corners. Well, I won't say a 13B-REW powered RX-8 is a fun car at straights or acceleration, but it is at corners where this car truly shines. At least that is what I can see about the car based on things that I have read, despite never driven or ridden in one yet. Kick starts at 7000rpm? That is quite near the redline already since yours is a auto unit that has a lower redline than manual.

18 inch SSR Type F? 245mm width?

Well bro Renesis 8, happy birthday to you! Any car is fine as long as you're car enthusiast.
Thanks for your wish. I still consider myself in the newbie stage as there are still many things that I have yet to know. I always have this mindset that I should never stop learning about car stuffs even though I have already learn much. There is always something new to learn and that is one of the things that I like with cars. Always something new and exciting to be discovered.

Salmaan

May 13, 2009
Kisumu, Kenya
Hey Stutzedward,

I just read your message about selling the Airtrek, you have been a consisten memeber on this forum for years we havent communicated much but your comments were always helpful and very informative.

As mentioned in the replies to your post do keep in touch, I will posting videos of my completed car in soon, work commitments have kept me held up, battery relocation project to boot coming up should be done really soon.

All the best with your new ride.

stutzedward

3,000 RPM
May 27, 2009
KL
One CRV, and one HRV, all going SUV......lol:biggrin:
How is the CRV? I was deciding between HRV and CRV because the price difference was 19K apart. Wife doesn't want the CRV because it's too big for her.

stutzedward

3,000 RPM
May 27, 2009
KL
The advantage that RX-8 have over many other cars would be weight and balance. The 50:50 weight distribution, lightweight and nimbleness makes it a fun car around the corners. Well, I won't say a 13B-REW powered RX-8 is a fun car at straights or acceleration, but it is at corners where this car truly shines. At least that is what I can see about the car based on things that I have read, despite never driven or ridden in one yet. Kick starts at 7000rpm? That is quite near the redline already since yours is a auto unit that has a lower redline than manual.

18 inch SSR Type F? 245mm width?

Thanks for your wish. I still consider myself in the newbie stage as there are still many things that I have yet to know. I always have this mindset that I should never stop learning about car stuffs even though I have already learn much. There is always something new to learn and that is one of the things that I like with cars. Always something new and exciting to be discovered.
Yes, auto has 1000rpm lesser on the dial which is 8500. That's why the window of 'true power' was rather small. But then, I don't drive like that everyday tho many said RX-8 should be redlined once a day. Yes, it's never intended for straight line speed. It'll only shines in corner.

I've forgotten about the width. Rims isn't something I care much about. :)

You learn till you're old... no one has all the knowledge. I am starting a new chapter now :)

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

halo,everybody bro.wanna asking how to make a fiber cement?

how long and how to make it dry?

i wanna repair my bumper,thanks:_:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience