It's time to let it go......

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Honestly if you really want WRX, I would advise you to get Evo. The reason is reliability and availability of parts. It is cheaper to maintain or repair compared to WRX.

In terms of tuning cost, it's cheaper too. Even in stock, you can just raise the boost anytime without much worry. That's what I did to my Airtrek and I ran for years before I started the Evo-mods.
I'm into the WRX STI for a few reasons actually.

1. Boxer engine and its sound
2. Lower theft rate than Evo (I'm really very worried about car theft especially those who rip parts)
3. Interior trim (CT9A series Evo still looks too plain)
4. DCCD in WRX STI allows it to behave like a RWD car if I want it. Besides, STI is a RWD based 4WD

For mods, I'm not those who are chasing high hp. Anything around 300 plus is okay. Prefer minor mods and mods that enhances reliability of parts instead of more power.

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
nowadays new cars all disconnect you to the road la.... even lights and wipers are auto, making the driver feel as if handicap.

I recalled my first car, morning start up still need to pull the choke.. that's raw man... raw!
Carb cars loh! everything manual, can adjust, can tune......lol:rofl:

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Your carb something wrong. I owned quite a few carb cars already, no problem....:driver:
Yes, as far as I know there is....

stutzedward

3,000 RPM
May 27, 2009
KL
I'm into the WRX STI for a few reasons actually.

1. Boxer engine and its sound
2. Lower theft rate than Evo (I'm really very worried about car theft especially those who rip parts)
3. Interior trim (CT9A series Evo still looks too plain)
4. DCCD in WRX STI allows it to behave like a RWD car if I want it. Besides, STI is a RWD based 4WD

For mods, I'm not those who are chasing high hp. Anything around 300 plus is okay. Prefer minor mods and mods that enhances reliability of parts instead of more power.
When you have the car for awhile, it's when you say you want more grunt out of it.. trust me. I used to say 240hp is more than enough, that is when you feel it's not enough. Hahaha...

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
When you have the car for awhile, it's when you say you want more grunt out of it.. trust me. I used to say 240hp is more than enough, that is when you feel it's not enough. Hahaha...
I had that feeling too, but lucky my pocket tell me is enough......lol:rofl:

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Since yours is a AT, increasing more power might not be that scary. For a 300hp MT car, I think stock power is probably scary enough especially at first gear. Considering their acceleration time from 0-100 is under 5 seconds which is very fast for my standards. Come to think of it, even the supercar Audi R8 4.2 V8 does 0-100kmh in 4.8 seconds... That is same or just slightly slower than STI and Evo...

stutzedward

3,000 RPM
May 27, 2009
KL
Since yours is a AT, increasing more power might not be that scary. For a 300hp MT car, I think stock power is probably scary enough especially at first gear. Considering their acceleration time from 0-100 is under 5 seconds which is very fast for my standards. Come to think of it, even the supercar Audi R8 4.2 V8 does 0-100kmh in 4.8 seconds... That is same or just slightly slower than STI and Evo...
Well to me, AT or MT isn't a reason or factor to search for more power. It's about the personal 'greed' to want more. I know under 5 secs is fast, but when you line up with another car that sprints half a bonnet in front of you, you naturally wanted more juice out of it.

If under 5 secs fulfills the need, you won't be seeing so many modded Evos and WRXs. :) Just my personal thoughts but of course, you have your own preference and perspective.

stutzedward

3,000 RPM
May 27, 2009
KL
AT limited by the gearbox......lol:burnout:
I have raced with a stranger in Subbie version 8 before. From the external look (full bodykit, FMIC, GT Wing) and also exhaust note + wastegate sound, it was modified.

At take off, I have lost to it by 1.5 cars since his is manual and I have turbo lag + autobox. After the distance of 1.5 in front of mine, my Airtrek was literally having the same acceleration with the Subbie when I am on full boost all the way to 150kph when the next traffic light approached.

Yes it's slow taking off in auto (especially without launch control) but the speed increase after that is equivalent to manual car.

Bear in mind, Airtrek has handicap of around 200kgs heavier than Subbie.

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Well to me, AT or MT isn't a reason or factor to search for more power. It's about the personal 'greed' to want more. I know under 5 secs is fast, but when you line up with another car that sprints half a bonnet in front of you, you naturally wanted more juice out of it.

If under 5 secs fulfills the need, you won't be seeing so many modded Evos and WRXs. :) Just my personal thoughts but of course, you have your own preference and perspective.
Hahaha, yes you are right about wanting more power after seeing other faster cars. But before that, have to get really very used to the 300hp first. If used to the 300hp already, probably won't feel it to be that fast anymore. I forgot which thread but I think I have read before that someone said many of these Evo or STI owners don't really dare to go full throttle on their cars or just drive at lower rpm before boost kicks in. Apparently at full power they are too scary for some owners.

I have raced with a stranger in Subbie version 8 before. From the external look (full bodykit, FMIC, GT Wing) and also exhaust note + wastegate sound, it was modified.

At take off, I have lost to it by 1.5 cars since his is manual and I have turbo lag + autobox. After the distance of 1.5 in front of mine, my Airtrek was literally having the same acceleration with the Subbie when I am on full boost all the way to 150kph when the next traffic light approached.

Yes it's slow taking off in auto (especially without launch control) but the speed increase after that is equivalent to manual car.

Interesting. Perhaps you are putting out more on wheel hp than the other guy?

stutzedward

3,000 RPM
May 27, 2009
KL
You don't max out your car's power everyday. Only sometimes when you are the first car at traffic light. :)

When I had the Airtrek, I don't race it every single time I drive too. Only once awhile I'll have some fun. And when I do, I grin ear to ear... it's like power on demand. When I want it, I have it. It WAS nice to have...

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya

I don't mean the pick up speed. Limited by AT gb means if want to increase engine power further must be within gb capable power handling....:biggrin:

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
You don't max out your car's power everyday. Only sometimes when you are the first car at traffic light. :)

When I had the Airtrek, I don't race it every single time I drive too. Only once awhile I'll have some fun. And when I do, I grin ear to ear... it's like power on demand. When I want it, I have it. It WAS nice to have...
I don't either unless there is no car in front of me. But I rarely pull the rpm near the redline. Things get slightly scary when it is almost near the redline... The worry of fearing something might just break down. :biggrin:

I don't mean the pick up speed. Limited by AT gb means if want to increase engine power further must be within gb capable power handling....:biggrin:
That is one point. Another is probably the slower response in AT. The linear power delivery through gear changes also makes the car feels less raw than MT. MT need to release throttle and floor it again... Power delivery stops and punches you back again. :biggrin:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hi...i recently noticed that my engine got tak tak tak sound...how come ahh? sometimes got but recently the sound seems louder :(
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience