Subaru Forester Won't Blow It's Horn

Victor520

Oct 20, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
www.chinasinoy.com
Q. Hi, I have a 1998 Subaru Forester and the horn stopped working a few weeks ago. I have checked the fuses. Tested the horn, direct connection to the battery. Tried a new horn relay, $40.00, and still nothing. My next step is to run a wire from the output of the relay directly to the horn to bypass the wiring.

Do you know of anything else I can try? I don't want to go into the steering column because of the air bag. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Miguel

A. Here is the basic wiring diagram.Between the horn switch and the horn relay is the Clockspring Assembly in the steering wheel. If you ground the red/green wire at the base of the steering column and the horn works, you have either a bad horn switch or Clockspring Assembly.

Last edited:

twistedichc

2,000 RPM
Jan 22, 2013
Ampang Point
Q. Hi, I have a 1998 Subaru Forester and the horn stopped working a few weeks ago. I have checked the fuses. Tested the horn, direct connection to the battery. Tried a new horn relay, $40.00, and still nothing. My next step is to run a wire from the output of the relay directly to the horn to bypass the wiring.

Do you know of anything else I can try? I don't want to go into the steering column because of the air bag. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Miguel

A. Here is the basic wiring diagram.Between the horn switch and the horn relay is the Clockspring Assembly in the steering wheel. If you ground the red/green wire at the base of the steering column and the horn works, you have either a bad horn switch or Clockspring Assembly.

have u tried direct battery connection to horn coz relay actually is a switch that receive a small signal that trigger inner part to connect batt supply to horn (just like your player that have signal wire, batt wire & ground wire which it's a built in relay), if direct not working means horns r dead.

Last edited by a moderator:

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
have u tried direct battery connection to horn coz relay actually is a switch that receive a small signal that trigger inner part to connect batt supply to horn (just like your player that have signal wire, batt wire & ground wire which it's a built in relay), if direct not working means horns r dead.
He did mention tested the horn with direct battery current, probably working.....

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

There's a lot of hope and expectations riding on the green shoulders of the the Mugen-tuned Honda CR-Z, with some touting it as what the base CR-Z should have been. Nonetheless, up until now, all we could grasp was nothing more than promise and whispers from the grapevines about what the Mugen CR-Z would be packing.

The tuners at Mugen gave...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience