It's time to let it go......

stutzedward

3,000 RPM
May 27, 2009
KL
As how the title sounded, I have decided to let go my 'big potato' and head for the next chapter... My feeling is mixed. My big potato served me well the past 7 years and 2 months. From factory stock when I got it at the used car dealer until today, I have spent countless effort, happiness and sweat over it. What I have today, I am actually pretty proud of it.

However from family needs and 'peer pressure', I have to let it go and get something ordinary. No more loud exhaust, no more blow off valve hissing and obviously, no more turbo spooling whine. Just pure boring family street ride.

Gonna be heavy hearted of course and also, I will miss it dearly.

Attachments

stutzedward

3,000 RPM
May 27, 2009
KL
well bro, no more high performance cars for me... I am getting a family SUV.. that is efficient and saves fuel.. haha

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Airtrek sifu Stutzedward, despite I have not interacted much with you in zth, but I have occasionally seen and read many of your posts here regarding Airtrek. Your knowledge on Airtrek is very vast, almost unmatched over here and it surprised me today that you post about selling away your car.

Your Airtrek looks very well done, especially the clean engine bay. I hope it will get a good appreciative owner next time which will take even better care of it.

fazidk

3,000 RPM
Nov 18, 2003
well bro, no more high performance cars for me... I am getting a family SUV.. that is efficient and saves fuel.. haha
Welcome to the club bro..I felt d same when I let go my old junk Wira 4g63 (stil do actually) but I know it's in good hands..hope u get a new owner that can appreciate d hard work done to d car..time to move on :)

stutzedward

3,000 RPM
May 27, 2009
KL
Airtrek sifu Stutzedward, despite I have not interacted much with you in zth, but I have occasionally seen and read many of your posts here regarding Airtrek. Your knowledge on Airtrek is very vast, almost unmatched over here and it surprised me today that you post about selling away your car.

Your Airtrek looks very well done, especially the clean engine bay. I hope it will get a good appreciative owner next time which will take even better care of it.
Hi bro Renesis 8, thanks for your kind words and compliments. I'm not as deep knowledgeable as you described but thanks. For me, Airtrek is a car with soul. I have been fighting myself on the decision of selling it. However at last, I think I should let someone appreciate it. Age do catch up and it's time to move ahead.

I just handover my car keys today. Before that, I gave it a good wash, wax it, vacuum it and even applied vinyl protectant in the cabin. It looks superb as I look at it the last time. I hope the new owner will be as happy as I am when I got it. Good bye my big potato!

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Hi bro Renesis 8, thanks for your kind words and compliments. I'm not as deep knowledgeable as you described but thanks. For me, Airtrek is a car with soul. I have been fighting myself on the decision of selling it. However at last, I think I should let someone appreciate it. Age do catch up and it's time to move ahead.

I just handover my car keys today. Before that, I gave it a good wash, wax it, vacuum it and even applied vinyl protectant in the cabin. It looks superb as I look at it the last time. I hope the new owner will be as happy as I am when I got it. Good bye my big potato!
Well, from what I see at your posts, your knowledge on Airtrek is quite impressive. Just like there is a sifu for each category over here and you happen to be the one for Airtrek. Yours is running on AT or converted to MT?

That is quite fast for your car to be sold off. Less than a week after your post. I hope the car will be taken care well by the new owner. Have you got yourself a new car yet?

stutzedward

3,000 RPM
May 27, 2009
KL
Mine was still stock AT.

I did not sell it to an owner but the car dealer which I bought from 7 years ago! They're were impressed how good the car was after so many years.

My new car hasn't arrived. Have to wait. Now using a loaned Saga and maaaan, I was spoilt last time.