It's time to let it go......

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Mine was still stock AT.

I did not sell it to an owner but the car dealer which I bought from 7 years ago! They're were impressed how good the car was after so many years.

My new car hasn't arrived. Have to wait. Now using a loaned Saga and maaaan, I was spoilt last time.
Looks like the stock AT gearbox is quite durable and robust to withstand your mods. Is this the same INVECS gearbox with the one from CT9A Evo VII GT-A and CT9W Evo IX Wagon AT?

Oh, I thought you are trying to sell it to direct owner since you posted out your car selling at 36k. I guess the people from the dealer will probably think that your car looks even better than it is 7 years ago.

stutzedward

3,000 RPM
May 27, 2009
KL
Looks like the stock AT gearbox is quite durable and robust to withstand your mods. Is this the same INVECS gearbox with the one from CT9A Evo VII GT-A and CT9W Evo IX Wagon AT?

Oh, I thought you are trying to sell it to direct owner since you posted out your car selling at 36k. I guess the people from the dealer will probably think that your car looks even better than it is 7 years ago.
270whp is not a problem. I've seen 300whp with stock box. Still running strong. Yes it's similar to GTAs.

I got a very good price for trades, so I won't complain tho it's lesser than my target sale price. Yes they said it looks better than I got from them last time. Hahaha.

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Hi bro Renesis 8, thanks for your kind words and compliments. I'm not as deep knowledgeable as you described but thanks. For me, Airtrek is a car with soul. I have been fighting myself on the decision of selling it. However at last, I think I should let someone appreciate it. Age do catch up and it's time to move ahead.

I just handover my car keys today. Before that, I gave it a good wash, wax it, vacuum it and even applied vinyl protectant in the cabin. It looks superb as I look at it the last time. I hope the new owner will be as happy as I am when I got it. Good bye my big potato!
Car gone, but please don't disappear from here......lol:biggrin:

stutzedward

3,000 RPM
May 27, 2009
KL
Haha I won't but then, I can't deny I seldom come here as work just takes up too much of my time. That's work life these days I guess. Challenging and changing. The only thing that is not changing is change.

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
270whp is not a problem. I've seen 300whp with stock box. Still running strong. Yes it's similar to GTAs.

I got a very good price for trades, so I won't complain tho it's lesser than my target sale price. Yes they said it looks better than I got from them last time. Hahaha.
I've watched one of your videos before that you shared over here. I remember that your Airtrek can hold on boost even through gear changes unlike MT where the throttle needs to be released. Looks like that is one good point about boosting AT cars.

The sight of your engine bay alone shows a much better visual improvement than stock. Especially the relocation of your intercooler which makes the engine bay look better.

Wait until he gets his new car. New project car again. Maybe not much on power mods but perhaps something else. :biggrin:

stutzedward

3,000 RPM
May 27, 2009
KL
I've watched one of your videos before that you shared over here. I remember that your Airtrek can hold on boost even through gear changes unlike MT where the throttle needs to be released. Looks like that is one good point about boosting AT cars.

The sight of your engine bay alone shows a much better visual improvement than stock. Especially the relocation of your intercooler which makes the engine bay look better.

Wait until he gets his new car. New project car again. Maybe not much on power mods but perhaps something else. :biggrin:
Yes another good thing about auto is comfort during traffic jams too. Manual is faster and more fun but when it comes to practicality, auto wins hands down.

Other than performance, I love the cosmetic look of my car inside out too. So that's why I've taken care the cleanliness of the car entirely. Hehhee.

Unfortunately I will be retiring from car scene. Don't be surprised when I tell you I'm going to sell my RX-8 too. Hahahha. No, I am not getting a monster but my new car is HRV. And selling off the second car won't see a replacement too. The reason is because we only use 1 car most of the time. The other one is parked collecting dust. Instead of loosing value and money, we have decided to sell it too and live with one car.

See the point of 'retiring from car scene'? Hehhee

Attachments

fazidk

3,000 RPM
Nov 18, 2003
Yes another good thing about auto is comfort during traffic jams too. Manual is faster and more fun but when it comes to practicality, auto wins hands down.

Other than performance, I love the cosmetic look of my car inside out too. So that's why I've taken care the cleanliness of the car entirely. Hehhee.

Unfortunately I will be retiring from car scene. Don't be surprised when I tell you I'm going to sell my RX-8 too. Hahahha. No, I am not getting a monster but my new car is HRV. And selling off the second car won't see a replacement too. The reason is because we only use 1 car most of the time. The other one is parked collecting dust. Instead of loosing value and money, we have decided to sell it too and live with one car.

Yeah bro I totally know what u mean n how u feel hehe..my old Wira may not look s good s ur trek (definitely..) but I did s much s I cld (wiz d limited financing I had) n had loads of fun wiz it..

But then again u can take d 'car' out of d person but u x really take d person out of d 'car' hehe..family car or not it can stil look good cosmetically if done correctly..maybe slap in a set of rims..n probably a nice body kit..a new paint job (hint hint hehe) n u got n eye catcher..

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh

For a daily drive, even an auto 4G63T is very powerful and more than enough during normal driving situations. Since you are based in KL, auto does matter in traffic.

Din't know you own another performance car other than Airtrek. The RX-8 is also in auto?

HRV is not really a weak car to me. Since it is based on the same platform with Jazz, I see some potential in that car. There are already people who put in a K20A into Jazz. If is possible to fit into Jazz, then it is possible for HRV too and it is also using the same R18A engine from Civic. The possibilities are there. :biggrin:

Yeah bro I totally know what u mean n how u feel hehe..my old Wira may not look s good s ur trek (definitely..) but I did s much s I cld (wiz d limited financing I had) n had loads of fun wiz it..

But then again u can take d 'car' out of d person but u x really take d person out of d 'car' hehe..family car or not it can stil look good cosmetically if done correctly..maybe slap in a set of rims..n probably a nice body kit..a new paint job (hint hint hehe) n u got n eye catcher..
What car have you upgraded now after selling away Wira?

fazidk

3,000 RPM
Nov 18, 2003
For a daily drive, even an auto 4G63T is very powerful and more than enough during normal driving situations. Since you are based in KL, auto does matter in traffic.

Din't know you own another performance car other than Airtrek. The RX-8 is also in auto?

HRV is not really a weak car to me. Since it is based on the same platform with Jazz, I see some potential in that car. There are already people who put in a K20A into Jazz. If is possible to fit into Jazz, then it is possible for HRV too and it is also using the same R18A engine from Civic. The possibilities are there. :biggrin:

Now driving a crv :proud::burnout:

stutzedward

3,000 RPM
May 27, 2009
KL

Being a bit home sick missing the trek, I took my RX-8 out for a spin with my wife. Damn this car handles like a gem and it revs till 8k like double creme when the shift buzz comes on. Smooth and linear delivery of power. It gives me the sports car feel with the sitting position, hugged around cockpit and bucket seats. Hmmmm keep it? I dunno.

stutzedward

3,000 RPM
May 27, 2009
KL

I actually swapped the RX-8 RE30 into my trek. I like the Matt black SSR Type F in my 8. Hehehe.

Oh yes, I have 2 performance cars. The RX-8 was auto as I bought it for my wife 4 years ago. She however seldom uses it as it's not convenient to fetch kids with school bags and stuffs. And also a challenge to go shopping parkings. You know what I mean. You got a RX-8 too right since your nick tells it.

HRV is gonna stay stock. Not gonna touch it like how I did it to the trek. ;)

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hello ppl..plan to change cam and cam pulley...maybe goona do port polish, where is the best place to go?? any recomandation?? prefer in seremban or sunway area..how much it'll cost me??? another question..what is "engine blue printing"??? please help!!..tq..anyway it's a waja 1.6{M} 4g18 i guess... :)
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience