White bulbs comparison/discussion

TitanRev

You think I print money?
Helmet Clan
Mar 3, 2005
Mick, mine so far no problem passing block. I don't know whether car make is one of the factor or not since my HID is fitted on a conti car...

Artu, yup it's tungsten. Actually Halogen is not a gas I think a lot of ppl mistaken it as a sort of inert gas. It's a series of non metal elements like fluorine, chlorine, bromine, iodine and astatine. So in a halogen class bulb the gases that are inside the bulb could be iodine or bromine.

Yeah, 5000K not common. IF I can't find them here I will need to source in Japan or other countries.

---------- Post added at 06:24 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 06:21 PM ----------

Here's images of different headlights design and how it works like Artu said.

Lens Optics

Reflector Optics

Projector

mick87

500 RPM
Apr 19, 2009
just installed it yesterday, the guy came and install at bangsar village parking, i can say he is very honest guy.., taught me how to adjust and everything, but i still find it bit glaring leh when i install it on my myvi, and the low beam is totally useless..worse than the normal oem bulb, my fog lamp is alot brighter, but the HID is superb.., just too glaring, dangerous to oncoming traffic

arturo

nooB
Aug 5, 2004
SateCelupLand
Veloc...hahahha yah its me la. changed avatar to commemorate guy fawkes day n V for Vendetta kekekekke. y noob ar? cos theres still so much i dont know mah

Danz..dun la put me on table like that...wait ppl see me on road keep on tiong. auto D15bZ3 twin carb only ler

mick..try making a glare shield n see how it works out la. u bought wat brand HID? both for fogs n myvi headlamp? myvi fogs quite glaring when hid-ed leh. another thing u can try doing...put spacers between the bulb base n the headlamp mount n try adjust the point of light to improve the light output...some projector modders have done this...even putting spacers at the lens n the shield. the effect in some cases quite a lot.

mick87

500 RPM
Apr 19, 2009
Veloc...hahahha yah its me la. changed avatar to commemorate guy fawkes day n V for Vendetta kekekekke. y noob ar? cos theres still so much i dont know mah

Danz..dun la put me on table like that...wait ppl see me on road keep on tiong. auto D15bZ3 twin carb only ler

mick..try making a glare shield n see how it works out la. u bought wat brand HID? both for fogs n myvi headlamp? myvi fogs quite glaring when hid-ed leh. another thing u can try doing...put spacers between the bulb base n the headlamp mount n try adjust the point of light to improve the light output...some projector modders have done this...even putting spacers at the lens n the shield. the effect in some cases quite a lot.
that guy he did taught me how to modify it by adding DIY shield from can drinks.., ask me to cut into pieces and attached it into the bulb there, the HID itself already have the anti- shield, but its not effective enuf..so i will try ask him re adjust again and see how 1st, i only install it on headlamp..about the spacer im so sure..I forget bout the brand, later go to my car there and check the box.

TitanRev

You think I print money?
Helmet Clan
Mar 3, 2005
Mick, MyVi headlights don't have built in glare shield so it's very glaring at night. The stock glare shield on HID is very small only don't do much good.

Last edited:

yeehau86

Helmet Clan
Feb 10, 2007
stock myvi headlamp got cap already one :biggrin:

TitanRev

You think I print money?
Helmet Clan
Mar 3, 2005
Tq yh....

---------- Post added at 01:01 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 01:00 PM ----------

guys...Hid Philips 1 year warranty-free delivery - Car Accessories & Parts for sale Johore - Mudah.my

fake or ori? cant find at Philips website but google XLD 288 n all are ads for HID for sale. i believe chiplakers finally decided Bosch not pulling in enuff $$$
This is fake wan...You can tell from the sockets. Made In China

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modif...e-really-any-genuine-hid-conversion-kits.html

For brands like BOSCH, they sell HID but it will be in the higher price range and they don't just sell the conversion kit they sell as a whole complete package with the reflector as well and they are mostly for fog lights or AUX lights.
http://rb-aa.bosch.com/boaa-sg/Product.jsp?prod_id=262&ccat_id=22&language=en-GB&publication=1

Last edited:

mick87

500 RPM
Apr 19, 2009
stock myvi headlamp got cap already one :biggrin:

Is this the SE smoke headlamp or the DIY spray type?

---------- Post added at 05:41 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 05:38 PM ----------

Mick, MyVi headlights don't have built in glare shield so it's very glaring at night. The stock glare shield on HID is very small only don't do much good.
Finally still have to adjust until very low avoid glaring to oncoming traffic..

Veloc

3,000 RPM
May 19, 2010
Sabah
Is this the SE smoke headlamp or the DIY spray type?

---------- Post added at 05:41 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 05:38 PM ----------

Finally still have to adjust until very low avoid glaring to oncoming traffic..
Seriously, I realised myvi and viva's headlamps are not very good in shielding glare. HIDs on these two are extra extra glaring and irritating. Not sure whether is it due to the gradual swooping up design of the headlamp cover. I HIDs on reflector headlamps without glare shield are irritating. But it is especially more on these 2 models... Don't know if others feel the same also???

I think using HIDs on these cars requires self made and tested glare shields. I mad ea pair myself last time. Doesn't take a lot of time but requires 2 to 3 tries. When you got it right, just remember the design and cutting in case you need to make one in the future. I bought a piece of aluminium sheet from the hardware shop and work with it. I made it based on guidelines from <http://khguan.fotopic.net/c1241812.html>. Quite informative... At least it gives a rough idea for first timers.

But you can't follow the design 100% as this design is for wira. That's why need 2 - 3 tries to adjust.

Kent_Goh

1,000 RPM
Jun 30, 2008
www.xd-auto.com
If i not mistaken, those aftermarket HID kits looks glaring because of the bulb position are not accurate and effect the reflect angle. Also, lamp design are very important, fog lamp are design for short distance but wide angle so most myvi fog lamp after HID-ed will looks glaring from oncoming road.

arturo
Some Genuine Philips HID conversion pictures:

Last edited:

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
anyone know how much for a pair of osram nightbreaker H3 bulb???

KL/pj area if possible....

so tempting to try it on my bike....cheapo H3 bulb didnt du any justice in doing their job...

Kent_Goh

1,000 RPM
Jun 30, 2008
www.xd-auto.com
anyone know how much for a pair of osram nightbreaker H3 bulb???

KL/pj area if possible....

so tempting to try it on my bike....cheapo H3 bulb didnt du any justice in doing their job...
Your post doesnt related with topic but Osram night breaker H3 selling in pieces and about Rm45/pcs.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

I am a newbie in this car world so need a little help please..Recently i changed to a sport spring..After changing it i noticed the gap of my front tyres are different, one is lower, one is higher..Why does this happen ek..
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience