White bulbs comparison/discussion

TitanRev

You think I print money?
Helmet Clan
Mar 3, 2005
Mick, HID on 1 of my car is OEM.

My 2nd car is after market HID with 4200K.

4200K is more yellowish.

kumar22mostwanted

1,500 RPM
Jan 9, 2010
HELL!!!
actually alot of ppl get it wrong, the higher the temperature does not mean the brighter it is. Maybe exterior wise yes, it is because it is more eye catching colour (for example: 6000K = Pure White; 8000K = Blue-ish White, 12,000K = Purple).

But in physics theory, the higher the temperature means the lower the lumen. So the wavelength of the beam pattern is also shorter which means lower visibility. Actually in my opinion those 10,000K or 12,000K temperature is for 'look' only, when driving at night especially rain the visibility is really poor. See below the table of temperature vs. visibility. My practice is don't go above 6000K for best visibility. :listen:

good info bro :top:
so you would say 6000k should be the max that is safe to use for driving eyy

yeehau86

Helmet Clan
Feb 10, 2007
@kumar22mostwanted
I would say 6000K is the max (in my opinion) bro, brightest is always lower temperature. That's why you see those BMW / Civic / Mercedes / Audi / Camry all using 4300K OEM Xenon HID :adore:

Veloc

3,000 RPM
May 19, 2010
Sabah
Whoa... So hot meh this topic... One day already 3 pages =.=. Suppose to post pictures and comment LOL....

mick87

500 RPM
Apr 19, 2009
Mick, HID on 1 of my car is OEM.

My 2nd car is after market HID with 4200K.

4200K is more yellowish.
i see ...then no need think too much la, just take the 4300k and get it install tonite, yours after market so far kena before during road block??

---------- Post added at 03:16 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 03:15 PM ----------

Whoa... So hot meh this topic... One day already 3 pages =.=. Suppose to post pictures and comment LOL....
no lo..last time i posted HID question also..that 1 if im not wrong got bout 30 pages

Veloc

3,000 RPM
May 19, 2010
Sabah
yup rm200++ for philips ones.

i heard the nightbreakers will blow after a while......not sure la....
u got use booster ah?
Danz, I heard a lot of users say that the nightbreakers blow out fast. No need boosters also blow out very fast. That's why Osram created the nightbreaker PLUS with extended lifetime. Not sure about Osram Cool Blue though... but seeing picture in google, those nightbreakers really damn bright ^^

---------- Post added at 04:20 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 04:17 PM ----------

4300k below should be safe, any higher than that JPJ will tahan.
Danz... Haiz... My area here can't even use 4300k la... The dogs damn hungry and smart already... They see the yellow slightly lighter than other cars, they will tahan, open bonnet and find ballast. Sad... That is why I am going for some fakey white halogens now... thinking of osram Cool Blue "Mega white" or "Hyperwhite" now...

arturo

nooB
Aug 5, 2004
SateCelupLand
TR..5k quite hard to find leh...i oso want but had to settle for 4350k from jojo in the marketplace. i did find a set of phillips HID 4350k bulbs going for RM250. wonder if wanna take or not...but a little worried bout pairing it with a non-oem taiwan brand ballast.

back to topic. i used phillips xtreme power once n the brightness really can notice with the naked eye. can say about 20% increase? but colour is still standard halogen yellow(slightly white. cant take a photo of the light output cos my headlamp is now all hacked up(putting in a set of murano projector in. waiting for the clear lense from china to arrive hehehe)

a colleague had used phillips diamond vision(i think this is the 6000k halogen bulb) on his 2003 city n from the front, it does look like an ori 6000k HID. light output is much better than standard halogen but still loose to china brand RM78 6000k HID. the comes to another issue. glare. the glare is killer.

mick87

500 RPM
Apr 19, 2009
Danz, I heard a lot of users say that the nightbreakers blow out fast. No need boosters also blow out very fast. That's why Osram created the nightbreaker PLUS with extended lifetime. Not sure about Osram Cool Blue though... but seeing picture in google, those nightbreakers really damn bright ^^

---------- Post added at 04:20 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 04:17 PM ----------

Danz... Haiz... My area here can't even use 4300k la... The dogs damn hungry and smart already... They see the yellow slightly lighter than other cars, they will tahan, open bonnet and find ballast. Sad... That is why I am going for some fakey white halogens now... thinking of osram Cool Blue "Mega white" or "Hyperwhite" now...
bro, where is ur area?? 1 of my neighbour using the blue-ish HID for more than 1 year d..very bright, but still using it, i guess havent kena caught before..

---------- Post added at 03:35 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 03:33 PM ----------

TR..5k quite hard to find leh...i oso want but had to settle for 4350k from jojo in the marketplace. i did find a set of phillips HID 4350k bulbs going for RM250. wonder if wanna take or not...but a little worried bout pairing it with a non-oem taiwan brand ballast.

back to topic. i used phillips xtreme power once n the brightness really can notice with the naked eye. can say about 20% increase? but colour is still standard halogen yellow(slightly white. cant take a photo of the light output cos my headlamp is now all hacked up(putting in a set of murano projector in. waiting for the clear lense from china to arrive hehehe)

a colleague had used phillips diamond vision(i think this is the 6000k halogen bulb) on his 2003 city n from the front, it does look like an ori 6000k HID. light output is much better than standard halogen but still loose to china brand RM78 6000k HID. the comes to another issue. glare. the glare is killer.
i currently using the osram night breaker on my myvi for bout 2 months now, but can see is bout 20%brighter than the original osram, and abit whiter..but dunno will last how long.

DanzEterna

Nov 1, 2007
PJ
www.primeperdanaclub.com
veloc : yeap nightbreakers blow out within a couple of mths.
i wont go for osram. but might try phillips.

cos example for perdana, the headlights are kinda shitty, last time when i was using hid 6000k, it was quite bright, when balik kampung can c the road way infront of me, it gets blurr during the rain. after that i change back to normal halogens, it becomes even more shitty. cant see shit during the night.

thats y now thinking to install back hid 4300k if kena tahan at least can say the original headlights sucks, cant see shit, if blind others, i will adjust it to shine more towards the ground.

arturo : wah ada projek baek punya eh......ok i wanna c the result next mth can ah? intime to finish anot? anyways, can ask yr fren how much he bought the phillips diamond vision? im interested in that.....

arturo

nooB
Aug 5, 2004
SateCelupLand
Mick...quarantee it wont last as long as an oem halogen. its brighter cos it burns hotter. a lot of lighting forums also mentions this. cant have your cake n still eat it hehehe. i think if compare dollar to dollar investment, any normal HID is a much better investment compared to those xenon class halogens. HIDs also not all perfect since their light output deteriorates after certain amount of time but i remember reading somewhere that even after the cheapest HID has lost 50% of it's brightness, it's still brighter than a standard halogen bulb. n HIDs really last a long time.

Problem with using HIDs in oem reflector headlamps is the glare issue. HID's light come from a very focused area where the current arcs n produces light whereas the halogen(doesnt matter xenon class or oem) comes from the filament which is basically tightly coiled small strands of wire(tungsten? can anybody confirm this?). yr headlamp was designed to reflect light from a certain source of light(halogen) then reflect it onto the road. by changing to HID, yr changing the source of light position...which screws up the reflected light throw which also causes glare(can try pasang diy glare shield la...should reduce glare...projector type headlamps no such prob since they have a glare shield n light output is clearly cut off.

Danz...long time ago woor he bought. was in 2005 i think. if yr headlamp aredy bad light output from oem halogen, putting in the diamond vision wont help much loh...thats y i kasi buang the xtreme power n decided to go for projectors. initial test show an increase of at least 100% light output both spread n lumens(but of cos this is compare to the taiwan depo crystal headlamp la) i think if compare to oem headlamp will be only about 50% increase. u wanna see ar? of cos can la. but i think can settle 1 side only ler. the other side looking for glass cutter. wanna cut an air intake hole kah kah kah kah. any lubangs?

DanzEterna

Nov 1, 2007
PJ
www.primeperdanaclub.com
arturo : yeap, agree wid u...i think i should invest in a new pair of new headlamps 1st rather than going for the bulbs. bro u do projector lamps for me can ah?

mick87

500 RPM
Apr 19, 2009
Mick...quarantee it wont last as long as an oem halogen. its brighter cos it burns hotter. a lot of lighting forums also mentions this. cant have your cake n still eat it hehehe. i think if compare dollar to dollar investment, any normal HID is a much better investment compared to those xenon class halogens. HIDs also not all perfect since their light output deteriorates after certain amount of time but i remember reading somewhere that even after the cheapest HID has lost 50% of it's brightness, it's still brighter than a standard halogen bulb. n HIDs really last a long time.

Problem with using HIDs in oem reflector headlamps is the glare issue. HID's light come from a very focused area where the current arcs n produces light whereas the halogen(doesnt matter xenon class or oem) comes from the filament which is basically tightly coiled small strands of wire(tungsten? can anybody confirm this?). yr headlamp was designed to reflect light from a certain source of light(halogen) then reflect it onto the road. by changing to HID, yr changing the source of light position...which screws up the reflected light throw which also causes glare(can try pasang diy glare shield la...should reduce glare...projector type headlamps no such prob since they have a glare shield n light output is clearly cut off.

Danz...long time ago woor he bought. was in 2005 i think. if yr headlamp aredy bad light output from oem halogen, putting in the diamond vision wont help much loh...thats y i kasi buang the xtreme power n decided to go for projectors. initial test show an increase of at least 100% light output both spread n lumens(but of cos this is compare to the taiwan depo crystal headlamp la) i think if compare to oem headlamp will be only about 50% increase. u wanna see ar? of cos can la. but i think can settle 1 side only ler. the other side looking for glass cutter. wanna cut an air intake hole kah kah kah kah. any lubangs?
i see...afraid the glare that cause danger only, how to get the glare shield??
Will try and post the picture and see the result if i get it install tonite

---------- Post added at 04:23 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 04:21 PM ----------

arturo : yeap, agree wid u...i think i should invest in a new pair of new headlamps 1st rather than going for the bulbs. bro u do projector lamps for me can ah?
last time my dads perdana head lamp will turn foggy very fast, and not bright at all, i think is the design itself also one of the factor

Veloc

3,000 RPM
May 19, 2010
Sabah
bro, where is ur area?? 1 of my neighbour using the blue-ish HID for more than 1 year d..very bright, but still using it, i guess havent kena caught before..

---------- Post added at 03:35 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 03:33 PM ----------

i currently using the osram night breaker on my myvi for bout 2 months now, but can see is bout 20%brighter than the original osram, and abit whiter..but dunno will last how long.
Bro... My are is kota kinabalu sabah. Hard la... Those in whites still can nego. The dogs in dark blue really no talk la... No fault also can make you got fault. Number plate crystal lettering also want to kacau. Fk it

---------- Post added at 06:13 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 06:10 PM ----------

Arturo, about the glare, i think it can be solved with a glare shield. It won't be as good as reflector designed for HIDs, but I've seen some well done one here by some responsible users. I've made a pair before myself but never used it. I sold the HID even before installing it because of the "dogs" issue.
But I would really love the magnetic H4 ones. It comes ready with all round glare shield ^^.

---------- Post added at 06:14 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 06:13 PM ----------

Arturo, are you the B16 Arturo previously using the Fallout II Avatar o.O? Why is your status here noob? I thought senior membeR?

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi Guys, im not sure if this is the right place to post this...I am looking for a set of velocity stacks for my 4age 20v blacktop, does anyone have a set for sale..preferably 70mm

Thanks
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience