White-smoke exhaust problem (4g93)

KGhee

Feb 9, 2008
White-smoke is coming out from my exhaust especially in an up-hill climb! Not so noticeable when its running on flat terrain. What could be the problem here and which part/components should be checked first? Engine used: 4g93, mileage: 110k km.

Appreciate the feedbacks/ advices here!

AD_EG

Apr 5, 2009
Could be your head gasket.
Cracked head or cracked block.

If the smoke is whitish/bluish,could be valve seals and/or piston rings.There is a way to tell sometimes by smelling the fumes lightly..dont inhale the fumes straight away bro,dangerous...

there will be this scent like burnt engine oil,if its the valve seal or piston rings

drexxza

Dec 10, 2004
Pahang
yes its is possible like ad-eg said..
try the simple test first,
do perform an compression test..check if there is any compression loss..

KGhee

Feb 9, 2008
Yea, the smoke is whitish! OK, i'll do the quick smell check and compression test (can normal workshop do this?).

I'm hoping its just the valve seal/ piston ring problem (easier to fix i assume).

drexxza

Dec 10, 2004
Pahang
offcoz the normal w/shop can do compression test if they have the tools lah..hehe..
u also can do it by urself easy one.. no problem..

Ricozz

Jun 18, 2009
normal workshop will just tell you your ring or whatever spoil d. overhaul...but actually you just need to change the Valve seal. they do need a special tools to do this job. the cost is only RM180. i did it for my grandpa car. now nice nice d

drexxza

Dec 10, 2004
Pahang
normal workshop will just tell you your ring or whatever spoil d. overhaul...but actually you just need to change the Valve seal. they do need a special tools to do this job. the cost is only RM180. i did it for my grandpa car. now nice nice d
ricozz u do what actually?!

xtremeleo

Oct 18, 2005
changing valve seals arent difficult to do, and the service kit is cheap2 jer..

---------- Post added at 04:15 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 04:14 AM ----------

there are ways to determine whether its the valve seals or rings when doing compression pressure test

I'm new in using car sticker. I've attached a picture to show the problem I faced when sticking car sticker. Pls any SIFUS can help me...Thanks