7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Not sure about the Imprezas, but EVO's fuel consumption is like.........slllurrrpp, getting 350 full tank is consider very lucky.
VR only getting 280 to 320km per tank....mostly city loh.....:driver:

---------- Post added at 10:23 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 10:20 PM ----------

S4, road tax bro. RM2.2k every year for road "tax" is BS.
That is why get smaller capacity with turbo save on Road Tax.....:biggrin:

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
I don't know why people talk about FC all the time. If I'm buying a car, I want to buy a car I enjoy driving. As long as it's an entertaining drive (all the time), I wouldn't care about FC as much. Unless I'm buying the car for the FC, then that's a different story.

My friends MK6 is a daily highway runner (lives in Seremban and works in KL) and her FC is pretty amazing. But then again so is my guzzler of a car on highway driving. Managed 600km just recently, normally city drive no more than 400km max on a 40L tank. Which is pathetic.

There's a stock Evo 8 in the buy/sell thread which claims RM90 for 400km+ which is pretty decent (assuming RON97 prices). But then again, if i had a turbo-charged-rally-bred-lightweight-very-awesome-to-drive-evo I wouldn't care about the FC and worry more about security since it's so high on the stolen list.

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
I don't know why people talk about FC all the time. If I'm buying a car, I want to buy a car I enjoy driving. As long as it's an entertaining drive (all the time), I wouldn't care about FC as much. Unless I'm buying the car for the FC, then that's a different story.

My friends MK6 is a daily highway runner (lives in Seremban and works in KL) and her FC is pretty amazing. But then again so is my guzzler of a car on highway driving. Managed 600km just recently, normally city drive no more than 400km max on a 40L tank. Which is pathetic.

There's a stock Evo 8 in the buy/sell thread which claims RM90 for 400km+ which is pretty decent (assuming RON97 prices). But then again, if i had a turbo-charged-rally-bred-lightweight-very-awesome-to-drive-evo I wouldn't care about the FC and worry more about security since it's so high on the stolen list.
Typical la, for regular average joe to always think about FC when buying cars, not like gear heads such as you and many ZTH forumers here! :biggrin:

I do agree with you that buying cars first is about enjoying the car, FC comes later as long as it's not exceptionally bad. When I bought mine also I already assumed it was going to be like 8km/ltr avg., 9 at best. The fact that I can get 10.5-11 real avg. in KL and 12-13 on outstation trips is just an additional nice surprise.

Btw where is that Evo 8 on sale? Here or in mudah or where?

Shinjite

500 RPM
Feb 27, 2006
Klang

Well, mine now I am getting avg 400km as well with RON 97, the more highway the better. Well its a daily driven car so i try to maximize out the mileage as much as possible. Will need a re-tune soon though :biggrin:

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
I have 2 close friends owning gti. One mk5 and another mk6. mk5 is currently revo stage 1, suspension and bbk upgrade. Car is daily usage and already owning more than 6yrs. Bought it used from a lady. Biggest problem i heard was rebuild entire engine cost about 12k(outside workshop). Problem started with camshaft. His mechanic said still can drive. That's why he don't bother to fix. At one point he said engine lost power and rough idling. By that time it was too late and need complete rebuild. The link should be the same problem. The rest just wear and tear and no DSG issue

VW Audi 2.0T FSI Cam Follower and Camshaft Wear problems - Deutsche Auto Parts

The Mk6 should be around 5yrs. All stock. So far no dsg issue. Just wear and tear. Previously he was driving impreza ver 8. All I heard his comments were thumbs up even when compared to his ex subby.

I always feel altezza is very special because pack with performance and rwd. Is not fast car, but can be daily horse, 4 door and fun during touge.
I think Mk6 vs Subaru v8, the VW is more refined in terms of NVH and overall ride comfort. If its daily driven, through traffic jams, I'd rather be in the Mk6. 2 years back I'd probably say screw ride comfort, I'd take the v8.

If I may be allowed to give a suggestion here... How about FN2 Civic Type R. It looks quite unique and probably had a cheaper maintenance cost than Golf GTi.. But the downside is, it is a 2 door and only comes in manual transmission which is less practical...

Is there a 2.0 AT for Version 10? To be honest, I don't really like the EJ25 and I don't know why Subaru only reserves the EJ20 for its home market only... EJ25 had extra 500cc but produces slightly less power than the 2 litre EJ207. Probably consumes more fuel too... Not to mention more expensive roadtax in Malaysia...
*puts my flame suit on* Megane > FN2 Civic Type R. Stock to stock. The Megane cabin is a very nice place to be in, those Recaro seats, so yum.

evo and impreza is not really a fuel guzzler.. it depends on mods and driving environment.. if touge all the way, then any car would sip the fuel like a water.. to me, FC for the evo is quite amazing for long journey.. alot of my airtrek member all got 400+ KM per full tank after reflash the ecu.. and even more surprisingly, a swap from TD04 to TD05 can also get better FC. and thats fact.
My friend went from Impreza v8 STi -> Megane. Day and night difference for FC. His v8 was not crazy modded, still on stock turbo. And again, the cabin in the Megane is simply nicer to live in day to day. That being said, he sold the Megane and got a S204. Because S204.

Well, the thing about daily drivers, they have to be practical. Driving an Evo everyday, I can see myself getting tired in it. Especially when you're stuck in traffic jams. People always talk about having a daily car and a weekend car. Well, I prefer to have the cake and eat it. I do not want to be the guy who drives a Vios daily, and the Supra is at home for "weekend" drives. I'd much rather have ONE Audi S4, or ONE AMG C63, and drive it all week. Screw weekend cars.

The Audi S4 is a viable choice, but I am not willing to fork out the money for road "tax".

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
AMG C63 Black as a daily. I can live with that and the bad fuel consumption.

Nissan Sylphy as a daily - I am getting bored with it and have lousy fuel consumption.

Practical is only what you can or cannot take. I used to drive my Wira manual as a daily for a year before it was sold. Perfectly fine with the manual in jams and whatever. I never complained about driving that car because I made it interesting to drive. Regret like hell ever selling it for this CVT boredem box.

Shinjite

500 RPM
Feb 27, 2006
Klang

Nissan Sylphy as a daily - I am getting bored with it and have lousy fuel consumption.

Practical is only what you can or cannot take. I used to drive my Wira manual as a daily for a year before it was sold. Perfectly fine with the manual in jams and whatever. I never complained about driving that car because I made it interesting to drive. Regret like hell ever selling it for this CVT boredem box.
So what will be your next one? :biggrin:

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
altis for sale....
:thefinger::rofl:
Still having it, the longer you keep the lower the price woh!.......:smokin::biggrin:

---------- Post added at 02:39 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 02:38 PM ----------

Should have kept for project/weekend car......:biggrin:

Tom

TIMETOATTACK
Helmet Clan
Jul 6, 2000
Kuala Lumpur
ixeo: are you gathering reasons to like or to hate the MK6 GTI ?

Personally, I think the recent Golf GTIs ticks all of the boxes like you said. And yes, on out and out performance, it will lose to the Megane.

But what about 95% of the time?

There's:

• faultless DSG box
  • 200+hp on tap
  • with additional 40-50hp to unleash after ecu flash
  • plenty of engine mod potential
  • plenty of aesthetic mod potential
  • can still be fun at the touge if driven properly

kcng

500 RPM
Jun 24, 2008
Selangor
kcng1983.blogspot.com

dei...
my altis is still for sale....

:rofl:

and u get an additional RM13k worth of bodykit for free.....
:biggrin:

Rahman77R

Known Member
Oct 16, 2011
Petaling Jaya
A few years ago I had to choose between 3 cars to replace my Satria GTI turbo, those cars were VW Golf GTI Mk6, Renault Sport Megane RS and Honda Civic FD2R. Bought the FD2R since I like manual transmission and it's a 4 door sedan as well. The best part even my parents were happy that I bought a 4 door sedan. Did not want the other 2 cars for these reasons.

VW Golf GTI: Don't like the DSG transmisson, poor after sales service, hard to find spare-parts except basic maintenance parts and poor resale value.

Renault Sport Megane RS: Not a 4 door sedan, hard to maintain, and very bad resale value compared to VW & BMW.

Even though the FD2R got a bumpy ride and noisy during rainy weather due to lack of sound-proofing, I still find the car fun to drive as a daily ride. Wifey, sisters and grandma are okay with the ride except mum & dad. Wife likes the handling.

No complaints on the OEM clutch it's actually soft suitable for daily driving, even my wife likes to drive the FD2R.

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Well, the thing about daily drivers, they have to be practical. Driving an Evo everyday, I can see myself getting tired in it. Especially when you're stuck in traffic jams. ...
I personally would still be fine with driving an Evo daily. Already very used to mad traffic jams before where I was still driving manual as well. As I mentioned before, Malaysia traffic jams is like child's play to me. :biggrin:

4gbanger

1,500 RPM
Jun 26, 2013
Johor/ShahAlam
I personally would still be fine with driving an Evo daily. Already very used to mad traffic jams before where I was still driving manual as well. As I mentioned before, Malaysia traffic jams is like child's play to me. :biggrin:
so your left leg is pretty much like terminator.. haha

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

senority? haha i also signed up another account back then, just didnt liked the membership name, it was the custom number plates for my older ride. im sure ud noticed it in my facebook. signed up in 2005 as well, so were equally senior! lol

empty vessels make the most noise la. the person who is loaded in zth hardly donate to me. trust me on that, ive been doing rounds promoting the idea, but it just doesnt go that way.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience