Golf mk6 gti

KeeSeong

Known Member
Jun 14, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Hi Sifus out there, anyone experience the car knock down in the middle of road while waiting for trafic then I sent for checking, diagnosis shown fuel shortage.

They said they have reset/clear the error and took out the fuel sensor and blow/clean it....they said not fuel pump problem.

Now exactly 1mth later, tis morning I drive around 30 or 40km/h then suddenly stop again... I waited for 2mins then restart and went to nearest station for fueling then ok already..

Any1 can advise what’s the problem?? Tqtq

Mitevo7

1,000 RPM
Jan 14, 2008
Hi Sifus out there, anyone experience the car knock down in the middle of road while waiting for trafic then I sent for checking, diagnosis shown fuel shortage.

They said they have reset/clear the error and took out the fuel sensor and blow/clean it....they said not fuel pump problem.

Now exactly 1mth later, tis morning I drive around 30 or 40km/h then suddenly stop again... I waited for 2mins then restart and went to nearest station for fueling then ok already..

Fuel filter also can cause this problem, and even fault fuel injector, however, i would still check fuel pump as the lack of pressure in the fuel tank may cause the fuel pump not totally submerged in the fuel tank to pump out the fuel.

How low was your fuel gauge when this happened ?

KeeSeong

Known Member
Jun 14, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Fuel filter also can cause this problem, and even fault fuel injector, however, i would still check fuel pump as the lack of pressure in the fuel tank may cause the fuel pump not totally submerged in the fuel tank to pump out the fuel.

How low was your fuel gauge when this happened ?
Ohhh.. tat time Still left 1 bar. (the warning zone) haha. But the warning zone still can drive for 30km.. so can I say my fuel pump is getting old which can’t support at warning zone? That means Nx time I have to make sure my fuel is always half or above ?

Mitevo7

1,000 RPM
Jan 14, 2008
Ohhh.. tat time Still left 1 bar. (the warning zone) haha. But the warning zone still can drive for 30km.. so can I say my fuel pump is getting old which can’t support at warning zone? That means Nx time I have to make sure my fuel is always half or above ?
Some fuel pump might be not submerge deep enough to contact with the fuel pool when its near empty. Does it happen at the first warning ? Not necessary something to do with your fuel pump. Fuel pump symptoms often involve with choking at mid to high rpm, hard to start, rough idling.

KeeSeong

Known Member
Jun 14, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Some fuel pump might be not submerge deep enough to contact with the fuel pool when its near empty. Does it happen at the first warning ? Not necessary something to do with your fuel pump. Fuel pump symptoms often involve with choking at mid to high rpm, hard to start, rough idling.
Tat time happen, it was not at warning.. jus slightly above the warning line.. if I don’t go for fueling, i think the warning light will appear.

Now I’m afraid it will broke down again :(
If not fuel pump problem then I’m confuse.. what else can I do? Any parts to change?? Plsss advise sifu...

alcyon

500 RPM
Sep 13, 2015
Kuala Lumpur
I think its for safety for fuel pump . Running low on fuel will eventually cause the fuel pump to burn out and leave you stranded with a costly repair bill. Best fuel up before low fuel warning shows up.

Last edited:

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Tat time happen, it was not at warning.. jus slightly above the warning line.. if I don’t go for fueling, i think the warning light will appear.

Now I’m afraid it will broke down again :(
If not fuel pump problem then I’m confuse.. what else can I do? Any parts to change?? Plsss advise sifu...
I know of some cars that cannot be left to the last bar of petrol and needs to be more than 2 bars or more. Suggest you try keeping your petrol level at 2 bar or more and see if this die off still happens. Since you've already brought it to the workshop there's no reason for us to doubt them since they said there's nothing wrong. It could be just the float in your petrol tank isn't accurate and when you run to 1 bar of petrol it is mis-reading it when it is actually lower than 1 bar.

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Even if they are submerged, running low fuel the fuel still splashes around and especially when in corners the fuel will tilt to one side. I kena before one time, did a corner, suddenly like engine want to die off, once after corner back to normal. Nowadays never leave until low fuel before refill.....lol

KeeSeong

Known Member
Jun 14, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
I know of some cars that cannot be left to the last bar of petrol and needs to be more than 2 bars or more. Suggest you try keeping your petrol level at 2 bar or more and see if this die off still happens. Since you've already brought it to the workshop there's no reason for us to doubt them since they said there's nothing wrong. It could be just the float in your petrol tank isn't accurate and when you run to 1 bar of petrol it is mis-reading it when it is actually lower than 1 bar.
Ystd drove it so far so good.. they was 2 times the indicator drop till the last line.. nervous like mad finding petrol kiosk hahhahaa... lazy to get refill..

Okok I keep 2 bar and above from now on!!!

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
Ystd drove it so far so good.. they was 2 times the indicator drop till the last line.. nervous like mad finding petrol kiosk hahhahaa... lazy to get refill..

Okok I keep 2 bar and above from now on!!!
not just that, submerged pump is like an aquarium pump. The submerged part aided in cooling the pump.

Reactions: Izso

Mitevo7

1,000 RPM
Jan 14, 2008
I think its for safety for fuel pump . Running low on fuel will eventually cause the fuel pump to burn out and leave you stranded with a costly repair bill. Best fuel up before low fuel warning shows up.
Absolutely, my last Beemer fuel pump replacement is smacking MYR1500 OEM. So KeeSeong do yourself a favour don starve your GTI :)

4gbanger

1,500 RPM
Jun 26, 2013
Johor/ShahAlam

try get a mechanic to check your High pressure fuel pump. looks like a fuel starving from a leaky HPFP.

Reactions: Izso

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Am looking for a good honest kancil mechanic who knows about turbo.

Anyone knows. Can sms me: 019-6677090.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience