VW Golf GTi Mk6

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
AMG C63 Black as a daily. I can live with that and the bad fuel consumption.

Nissan Sylphy as a daily - I am getting bored with it and have lousy fuel consumption.

Practical is only what you can or cannot take. I used to drive my Wira manual as a daily for a year before it was sold. Perfectly fine with the manual in jams and whatever. I never complained about driving that car because I made it interesting to drive. Regret like hell ever selling it for this CVT boredem box.

Shinjite

500 RPM
Feb 27, 2006
Klang

Nissan Sylphy as a daily - I am getting bored with it and have lousy fuel consumption.

Practical is only what you can or cannot take. I used to drive my Wira manual as a daily for a year before it was sold. Perfectly fine with the manual in jams and whatever. I never complained about driving that car because I made it interesting to drive. Regret like hell ever selling it for this CVT boredem box.
So what will be your next one? :biggrin:

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
altis for sale....
:thefinger::rofl:
Still having it, the longer you keep the lower the price woh!.......:smokin::biggrin:

---------- Post added at 02:39 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 02:38 PM ----------

Should have kept for project/weekend car......:biggrin:

Tom

TIMETOATTACK
Helmet Clan
Jul 6, 2000
Kuala Lumpur
ixeo: are you gathering reasons to like or to hate the MK6 GTI ?

Personally, I think the recent Golf GTIs ticks all of the boxes like you said. And yes, on out and out performance, it will lose to the Megane.

But what about 95% of the time?

There's:

• faultless DSG box
  • 200+hp on tap
  • with additional 40-50hp to unleash after ecu flash
  • plenty of engine mod potential
  • plenty of aesthetic mod potential
  • can still be fun at the touge if driven properly

kcng

500 RPM
Jun 24, 2008
Selangor
kcng1983.blogspot.com

dei...
my altis is still for sale....

:rofl:

and u get an additional RM13k worth of bodykit for free.....
:biggrin:

Rahman77R

Known Member
Oct 16, 2011
Petaling Jaya
A few years ago I had to choose between 3 cars to replace my Satria GTI turbo, those cars were VW Golf GTI Mk6, Renault Sport Megane RS and Honda Civic FD2R. Bought the FD2R since I like manual transmission and it's a 4 door sedan as well. The best part even my parents were happy that I bought a 4 door sedan. Did not want the other 2 cars for these reasons.

VW Golf GTI: Don't like the DSG transmisson, poor after sales service, hard to find spare-parts except basic maintenance parts and poor resale value.

Renault Sport Megane RS: Not a 4 door sedan, hard to maintain, and very bad resale value compared to VW & BMW.

Even though the FD2R got a bumpy ride and noisy during rainy weather due to lack of sound-proofing, I still find the car fun to drive as a daily ride. Wifey, sisters and grandma are okay with the ride except mum & dad. Wife likes the handling.

No complaints on the OEM clutch it's actually soft suitable for daily driving, even my wife likes to drive the FD2R.

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Well, the thing about daily drivers, they have to be practical. Driving an Evo everyday, I can see myself getting tired in it. Especially when you're stuck in traffic jams. ...
I personally would still be fine with driving an Evo daily. Already very used to mad traffic jams before where I was still driving manual as well. As I mentioned before, Malaysia traffic jams is like child's play to me. :biggrin:

4gbanger

1,500 RPM
Jun 26, 2013
Johor/ShahAlam
I personally would still be fine with driving an Evo daily. Already very used to mad traffic jams before where I was still driving manual as well. As I mentioned before, Malaysia traffic jams is like child's play to me. :biggrin:
so your left leg is pretty much like terminator.. haha

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Still having it, the longer you keep the lower the price woh!.......:smokin::biggrin:

Should have kept for project/weekend car......:biggrin:
Doesn't matter. As long as I am happy driving it. Resale value doesn't really matter. My Sylphy can't drop any lower in price already so minimum loss.

dei...
my altis is still for sale....

:rofl:

and u get an additional RM13k worth of bodykit for free.....
:biggrin:
As much as you keep promoting it, and I did test drive it, I know very well I can't afford to mod a VW so no thanks :thefinger:

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
so your left leg is pretty much like terminator.. haha
Leg = cybernetic organism :biggrin:
I come from Jakarta with way much more hectic traffic jams than KL/Malaysia, it's rated world's no.1 in traffic stop & go based on some statistic studies in 2014 where KL was not even in the list! I spent about 20 yrs driving manual all the time over there so I'm pretty much used to it already.
Just don't mod the clutch and leave it std/normal, don't make it heavy with all those racing type clutches, then should be fine what.