Project Z Week 18 : The Long Holidays

Kevin Lee

1,500 RPM
Jan 26, 2009
Kampar, Perak
<iframe width="335" height="250" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/9uuuWoXZpd8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Everyone has been in the long lazy mood, even my sponsors. They were all away for long holidays and definitely the project has gotten very slow. Hopefully the project will resume its pace, though another long holiday will occur in 2 more weeks to come, being Malaysia Day on 16th of September. So on the long holiday mood, enjoy the informative video about the Nissan Fairlady 300ZX Z31, which is similar to our project car.

Right here right now, I could only imagine the dream of having a very nice Z31 that could roam the highway at speeds above 200 km/h and beyond. This car is so fast accelerating it's going to send shivers to the other cars on the road.

Right now, I have to get everyone in line. Like Ryan or Big Dane from West Coast Customs, as seen on Discovery Turbo channel, I have to pull and push everyone to be doing their things so that it can be done on time. It is a difficult task to take on and a lot of people on the Internet failed to realise how difficult it is, to motivate people to do the things you want. It's like having an orchestra, you are the conductor and you want the music to sound exactly the way you want.

I believe there is enough blabbering from me. A lot of parts from the car is out. What I am waiting for is the long holidays to pass, so that the restoration job can start from now. I hope all can be done in time so we can première this car by its 25th birthday. This car deserves all the good recognition it can get for the long years it has served it's past owner.

So right now, a breakdown of jobs that has been done

• Purchase of car
  • Towing of car
  • Repairing the old engine to assess damage
  • Car stripping
  • Engine removal and search for a new engine

So how could you help us achieve our goals? Well feel free to donate to our donation box. This would be one of the most iconic builds we will ever have on Zerotohundred.com . It will be one rag to riches story, where a very old car is built, resurrected and given a new power plant. This would be as epic as those projects you see on TV, but this is purely built by Malaysians to the showcase to the Malaysian crowds we can do it!

The donations can be in minimum denominations of RM50 and we will acknowledge your name (either in your forum username or full name). We will continuously update the donors list week by week, whenever there is one. Please email me at [email protected] if you have made your donations.

You can donate by either methods : Paypal or Maybank2U

The paypal account address is [email protected]

or

Here's the details of the bank in account

Maybank
Lee Han Foong

As I am only using my CIMB account to receive money from my employer, my Maybank account has been pretty much dormant. It currently holds about RM104.18 in funds in the account. So any donations would be noted down in my mini statement.

Please do your part in helping us realise our dreams. I hope the Nissan Fairlady 200ZG Z31 will complete hopefully by end of the year, so we can participate this car in the upcoming races. We also look forward to participate in the MSS Classic car challenge, which allows cars 25 years or older to participate. This car will turn exactly 25 years next year, so it would be a great way to celebrate its birthday.

The money donated would be used to purchase neccesary items to complete the build. At the moment, we look into finding a Nissan RB26DETT engine that costs RM2,800. This engine is incomplete and needs a flywheel, coil and an ECU. The wiring harness is present. The turbines are gone though. So if you think you donate either in cash money or parts donation, we will be very willing to take it. I intend to label every part you donate with LabelMe stickers so that every part donated will be credited. Thank you for your support.

On the site note, the Opening ceremony for Top Secret Performance has been postponed from 27th August 2011 to 17th September 2011, please take note! Thanks

Donated parties (cash):

1. RM50 from Nadz - M2U
2. RM50 from (name withheld) - Paypal
3. RM50 from tksu - Paypal
4. RM50 from VectorX2 - CIMB Clicks
5. RM50 from Zaidi - Paypal
6. RM100 from Izso - M2U
7. RM50 from newuy - M2U

Donated parties (items)

1. RM300 from Kevin Lee - Interior dome light, pilot light and door handles

Attachments

Last edited:

gershom86

Aug 19, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Whats this donation under ZTH thing? Seems like you two got like differences to dish out haha. Anyway you guys seem to have lovely cars already. What's this restoring project thing, just curious. I myself do hope and wish to have a project like yours someday, because nothing beats seeing a fully restored, beautiful condition classic back on the road, with so much character and soul into it rather than today's mass production machines, unfortunately even an old beat up junk is far from reaches for people who are less fortunate but have reasonable dreams. Am only a beginner here but with a big heart, do enlighten all the senpai's here. Domo arrigato..

Kevin Lee

1,500 RPM
Jan 26, 2009
Kampar, Perak
@alwjmonster

my mech has confirmed that the car had some been in some minor accident and my chassis restorer rahmat says he is able to straighten the chassis with a jig. its part and parcel of the body restoration

skazareth

Known Member
Feb 8, 2007
is this a joke? talking about seniority and what not in here? r we in boarding school? chill up.

come on... u guys can settle this by a phone call or a yumcha session.

s1tl

1,000 RPM
Jul 13, 2010
Ipoh/KL
coz u cant afford track ready? :proud:

DoNuT

1,000 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
KL
www.drifthouse.net
BLaCkHoWLiNG : blackie blackie... errrr please help to remove me car pictures.. just dowan to... you know involve in anything :) appreciate it.

TitanRev

You think I print money?
Helmet Clan
Mar 3, 2005
Guys pls stick to topic. Thank you

TitanRev

You think I print money?
Helmet Clan
Mar 3, 2005
BH, me no champion....

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

When,use R,P,2,3 all are working well,but when i use D/4 for driving ..not speed more than 60 k/mh.Its work fine.But,when im speeding more than 80 km/h .. after use brake and stop the car at traffic light.

The car not shift the gear ,sometimes its stuck at 1st gear some time it became to Neutral,even im not change the gear to D/4 to N.If,i still push the gas pedal,the blinking comes on ,i need to restart my car back.After,that everything becames to normal.

If,i still use D/4 and...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience