Upsizing brakes in Nissan Sylphy

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
check my previous abs thread mr.izso.... u might find clue from there... try check for abs ring damages..if abs no damage check for dirt stuck on sensors... did your abs check light on?
No light. I'll try checking the ring again this weekend. I've already cleaned the dirt so that's out of the equation.

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
No light. I'll try checking the ring again this weekend. I've already cleaned the dirt so that's out of the equation.
Dirt not so easy get there, right? Tiggo already 4 years touch wood, no issues....:hmmmm:

peterj

1,000 RPM
Apr 27, 2010
Kuching
Normally what stick on it is the brake dust... and since sensors are magnet,if the dust gt metal,more easier to stick on

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Everything cleaned, new brake pads, spray painted calipers and installed everything. Brakes work. But I got a few questions for people who've modified to 4 pot brakes :

- The rotors are bloody heavy. So much so it adds to the steering weight and has significantly slowed down my acceleration speed. How do you guys work around this? Carbon ceramic rotors? Hehehe.. dreaming.

- Do you have the initial caliper clamping noise, a soft "clunk" everything you lightly tap the brakes? I seem to have this noise. Anything to be concerned about? From my own observation it seems alright.

- What if I uprated my servo, how would this affect my brakes?

stupidcar

5,000 RPM
Mar 18, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
Everything cleaned, new brake pads, spray painted calipers and installed everything. Brakes work. But I got a few questions for people who've modified to 4 pot brakes :

- The rotors are bloody heavy. So much so it adds to the steering weight and has significantly slowed down my acceleration speed. How do you guys work around this? Carbon ceramic rotors? Hehehe.. dreaming.

- Do you have the initial caliper clamping noise, a soft "clunk" everything you lightly tap the brakes? I seem to have this noise. Anything to be concerned about? From my own observation it seems alright.

2 piece rotor for light weight and fast heat dispersing.

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka

Thicker servo=stronger braking force which i always like esp in big heavy car.
The sensation of stopping a heavy car can be quite addictive.u can feel the weight of the car being handled by the brakes.

On the rotors.i would leave it unchange but fiddle with the engine to give out more power.
Or u can compare the cost of getting a lighter disc to the cost of increasing the engine torque and choose.

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines

cant u just retain stock rotor and use custombracket for the 4pot caliper only??? (but the disc size and thickness should not too-far off from caliper choosen.....those A31 cefiro 4pot caliper size i think very close to silpi brake size???

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya

Brother, most people mod engine then mod brake to stop that power. You suka suka mod big heavy brakes with no mod to engine sure heavy loh......faster cabut.....hhahhahahhahahahha:biggrin:

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
cant u just retain stock rotor and use custombracket for the 4pot caliper only??? (but the disc size and thickness should not too-far off from caliper choosen.....those A31 cefiro 4pot caliper size i think very close to silpi brake size???
I didn't know Cefiro was 4-pot and if it is 4 pot, it's already way bigger than Sylphy brakes. My GSR brakes on my Wira are slightly bigger than Sylphy stock brakes. True story. Even the disc is exactly the same as my Wira one.

The Skyline rotor is waaaaaaaaaaaaaay bigger than stock.

Brother, most people mod engine then mod brake to stop that power. You suka suka mod big heavy brakes with no mod to engine sure heavy loh......faster cabut.....hhahhahahhahahahha:biggrin:
The stock brakes really tak boleh la. I almost got into some emergency brake trouble because of the stock brakes which is why I want to uprate in the first place.

Engine modding on my car is not an easy task la. I don't know where to start.

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur

The stock brakes really tak boleh la. I almost got into some emergency brake trouble because of the stock brakes which is why I want to uprate in the first place.

Actually the right approach to mod is first prepare the car to be able to handle the extra power first (i.e. suspension & brakes), not adding the power first, especially for normal cars like ours. Coz often after upgrade power, drivers can get carried away with the extra power and ends up in accidents instead.
My Mark X stock brakes also damn lousy one, not even adequate for the standard car. :mad:

---------- Post added at 05:23 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 05:16 PM ----------

Much lighter forged rims?

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
I didn't know Cefiro was 4-pot and if it is 4 pot, it's already way bigger than Sylphy brakes. My GSR brakes on my Wira are slightly bigger than Sylphy stock brakes. True story. Even the disc is exactly the same as my Wira one.

The Skyline rotor is waaaaaaaaaaaaaay bigger than stock.

sorry..corection needed....cefiro not 4pot....but i think it have a bigger disc....

skyline sure la very big disc wooo.... (i think the r32 has the same caliper and disc as scooby/wrx...but not sti since sti use brembo)

stupidcar

5,000 RPM
Mar 18, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
Actually the right approach to mod is first prepare the car to be able to handle the extra power first (i.e. suspension & brakes), not adding the power first, especially for normal cars like ours. Coz often after upgrade power, drivers can get carried away with the extra power and ends up in accidents instead.
My Mark X stock brakes also damn lousy one, not even adequate for the standard car. :mad:

---------- Post added at 05:23 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 05:16 PM ----------

Hes using Advanti dy. Quite light less than 7kg.

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Hes using Advanti dy. Quite light less than 7kg.
Then he weigh it down with heavy brakes......lol:biggrin:

---------- Post added at 07:18 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 07:17 PM ----------

I think he did suspension dy, now brakes but not engine.....:biggrin:

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Then he weigh it down with heavy brakes......lol:biggrin:

---------- Post added at 07:18 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 07:17 PM ----------

I think he did suspension dy, now brakes but not engine.....:biggrin:
Advanti 17' already under 7kg huh?

That's the right approach. I'm also still at that stage now also coz no money to seriously upgrade engine power. :bawling:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi all ZTH sifus, recently i've bought a new set of car alarm featuring with shock sensor..i'm planning to install it by myself, but really no idea on which wire to which wire...although there is the installation diagram, by i'm still blur blur with it =.= so, anyone can help me out here? ur idea n advice r appreciated.... thx...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience