Upsizing brakes in Nissan Sylphy

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
Hehe, only the Skyline GT-R R32 is called Godzilla.

The first GT-Rs were produced from 1969–1973. After a 16 year hiatus since the KPGC110 in 1972, the GT-R name was revived in 1989 with the Skyline R32. This car was nicknamed "Godzilla" by the Australian motoring publication Wheels in its July 1989 edition.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Well for the record Godzillas brakes is messing with my ABS. Need to figure out a way to work around this

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
Well for the record Godzillas brakes is messing with my ABS. Need to figure out a way to work around this
How come?
The sensor detects the toothed pattern on the driveshaft right?
Nothing to do with whatever brake u installed.
Or,yours is different...

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
How come?
The sensor detects the toothed pattern on the driveshaft right?
Nothing to do with whatever brake u installed.
Or,yours is different...
I'm not entirely sure what the problem is. I'm going to need to find some time this week to dismantle the whole jimbang thing.

TitanRev

You think I print money?
Helmet Clan
Mar 3, 2005
After Izso told me on Sunday morning I then figure out what he was trying to tell me after thinking. The bolt he is looking for is called a Banjo fitting. Refer to picture below. It is usually used on caliper and hydraulic fittings. The Banjo fitting comes with 2 cooper crush washer.

Izso, I have this website which sell these fittings and usually it's hard to find on Malaysia website. This company they do international shipping or you can try to go find those shop dealing in hydraulic. They might have them.
Banjo Bolts and Brake Hose Bolts

This is the list of local shops dealing in hydraulics.
http://panpages.my/categories/my10843-hose-couplings-fittings/listings

Last edited:

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
New problem.

ABS keeps triggering even when I'm not heavy braking. Any ideas how to resolve this? I've tried a few things already and it's annoying like hell.

yewly1990

Known Member
Aug 18, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
Hi all.

I've sort of successfully transplanted a 4-pot Nissan caliper taken off a R32 Skyline into my Sylphy. The only problems I have now :

1. I can't find a decently priced service kit. Anyone have? RM300+ for rubber seals is unreasonable.

2. The brake oil bolt that locks the brake hose to the caliper for the Sylphy is too long. I had to use spacers and washers to lock it out and prevent leakage. After asking 2-3 spare parts shops they aren't sure if they'll be able to source a shorter but similar bolt. Does anyone know where I can find a shorter bolt that has the hole in the middle to allow brake fluid through, 0.25mm thread and shorter than 3/4 inch long?

Any feedback, help or offers to sell will be appreciated. But if you have something to sell please PM, don't advertise here.
Did you try go to mechanical shop and custom one bolt? When I upsizing brakes, my bolt are custom also.

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
New problem.

ABS keeps triggering even when I'm not heavy braking. Any ideas how to resolve this? I've tried a few things already and it's annoying like hell.
ABS triggers when wheels are locked, could means your brakes are biting too well....:hmmmm:

peterj

1,000 RPM
Apr 27, 2010
Kuching
check my previous abs thread mr.izso.... u might find clue from there... try check for abs ring damages..if abs no damage check for dirt stuck on sensors... did your abs check light on?

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

i wanna change my rear drum brake to disc brake,anyone can help me coz i want to know the car model that suit my car instead of using the same model that come with the rear disc brake....or anyone who knows any workshop that can do this mod to my car..mine is vios...pls bro..:nurse:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience