Upsizing brakes in Nissan Sylphy

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Actually the right approach to mod is first prepare the car to be able to handle the extra power first (i.e. suspension & brakes), not adding the power first, especially for normal cars like ours. Coz often after upgrade power, drivers can get carried away with the extra power and ends up in accidents instead.
My Mark X stock brakes also damn lousy one, not even adequate for the standard car. :mad:

Much lighter forged rims?
That's exactly why I changed out my stock brakes. They are seriously inadequate once you start driving aggressively. And to make it worse, I think either the pads were bad or the brakes were crap - but after a long day of driving, like from morning to mid-afternoon, stopping and moving - I feel the brake starts to fade and the brake feel is very bad.

And if I were to go any lighter I'd need to buy Enkei RP01. I can't afford RP01. Or anything lighter 6.9kg. TWS rims are around 6kg, almost a full kilo lighter.

Then he weigh it down with heavy brakes......lol:biggrin:

I think he did suspension dy, now brakes but not engine.....:biggrin:
Aiya, I weigh it down based on requirements. I forgot to take pictures of the whole process. Dammit. Should have taken. And suspension not done yet. Stock is actually quite impressive already.

Advanti 17' already under 7kg huh?

That's the right approach. I'm also still at that stage now also coz no money to seriously upgrade engine power. :bawling:
Engine power is always more expensive eh? It's probably not a good idea now to sit in a modified version of your car. I'm glad there aren't many modified Sylphys in KL. All minor mods, nothing extreme enough to poison.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

:itsme:Hello folks

Summer greetings from Mauritius and best wishes to you all

The owner of this BMW came to see me several times but I couldn't work on his car due to my job and time constraints, and given I had to travel to China for a training in education, the school holidays were cut short. This is the last detail I did in 2013 and will be reserving the first week to work on my own car before school starts. actually, i completed this ride at 6 pm on the 31st.

The work on this...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience