Suggestion for Modding Viva

imagepower

Jul 23, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Dear All Pero-Bros!

My GF had bought a new Perodua Viva (Limited Edition) ...and I was really excited to test drive it. Much to my DISAPPOINTMENT (Sorry I hope I didn't step on any Viva Owner's tail) coz maybe I was expecting alot more from it. As I am so used to driving my mum's Kelisa Auto, comparing to the new VIVA is like heaven and hell.

Not to mention going up hill is like losing to most of the smaller cars...but the handling is a little too rigid as it tends to oversteer and the steering is just too light. I'm not sure how some bros mentioned in some forums about VIVA is so powerful and able to tapau any Kenari or Kelisa??

So, of course I am not going to give up on this car just like I did not gave up on any of my babies (Cars) at home. I hope I could get some info from some experts here in ZTH to some ideas on how to get more ponies out of this car. And to add better stability as well.

I am worried that my gf might ended up in an accident bcoz whenever I drove the car on the highway, any slight movement on the steering and the car shows a rather large subtle movement like as if it is going to switch lane or something.

I was thinking of changing its tires to a wider ones coz I was thinking the car is still new and dun wanna mess around with the warranty.

Pls Help!

DC :banghead:

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
definitely u need to change into bigger+wider rims with better tyre.....

all p2 gave cheap skinny tyre.....happy to skid at slightest brake dab... :biggrin:

jeheyr

500 RPM
Jun 1, 2004
Ampang Jaya
community.webshots.com
guud topic... same with me... my fiance also used this little car with 850 engine... after wheel-set changed to 14inch with wider tyre... it give more grip to her machine & looking good also... :proud:
Now planning to have a bit better hp than stock one... the best choice should be L6 660 with 64hp..
the other one yrv k3.. somes said put 1.3T with 165hp will destroy viva chasis... anyone have seen yrv 1.3t in viva?

amrancharger

500 RPM
Jul 19, 2006
my advise to all perodua owners...

is to upgrade their brakes 1st...cuz its the 1st thing to fail on myvi and viva...warp disc issue, low quality caliper etc....causing vibration while braking.
dangerous for even normal driving.

bro jeheyr,

you want to downgrade from 850 to 660?
might as well BOT the 850...but dun forget to ask permission.
not alot of gal knows how to tame a turbo machine...hehehe... :listen:

Last edited:

jeheyr

500 RPM
Jun 1, 2004
Ampang Jaya
community.webshots.com
thats why im planning to put 1.3t instead of 660... but i dont think jpj will approve 850 --> 1300 since it more than 30% increase...
Dont worry bcz she ask me for that.. she luv :driver: fast car loh.. even she know how to entertain my previous b20..
Eh, with BOT 850, how much it would cost? do i need to buy any 660t halfcut first?

Darkphantom

May 23, 2005
selangor
I totally agree with amrancharger 1st do up the brakes coz i have change mine 4 times already now i planning to upgrade to myvi brake system

meg_omen

Known Member
Oct 28, 2004
Home - Klang; O
Visit site
i believe you can enjoy most stock cars better once you've upgrade the handling...
ok you worry about warranty, like me i do the following step-by-step for my wife Myvi 1.5SE...
- wider rim and better grip tyre --> i use 15x7 rim w 195/55/15 Bridgestone Turanza
- K&N --> give a bit more push

probably after 1 1/2 year i will do these...
- use back TITAN absorber --> take out from the previous MyVi 1.3
- Ultra Racing --> previous MyVi 1.3 i use 2pt Upper Strut, 3pt Fender and Rear ARB

on the previous 1.3, with the above we already got good comment from family having 2 other stock MyVi 1.3...

for brake wise, i think probably it depends on luck as i never face any issue...
but i still change to aftermarket rotor (a bit thicker) and make 'groove' on them...
then match with Bendix Titanium...

good luck...:biggrin:

Last edited:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hello all the sifus,

I have been hearing alot of Thailand wastegates for sale at very interesting prices. Does anyone have any experience using such wastegates? Is it good, bad or downright ugly??

Cheers!!
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience