Modding Advice RB25DET

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

joethurr

500 RPM
Sep 11, 2007
Hi guys,

You guys were extremely helpful in answering my previous query, so here I am once again with a few more "nooby" questions. Hope you guys will be able to help once again.

1. Exhaust System, (dump pipe + piping) Prefer custom
Any recommendations where I can get this done, and some indication of costs to be incurred. Thinking of going 3". Currently my GTT sounds so docile, u can actually feel the restrictions in the exhaust system.

2. SAFC (has anyone in this forum used this for tuning air flow?)
I am planning to get this installed (still contemplating) as mine is an ER34 auto, dont think I will be able to get a power FC. Is it worth it to get an SAFC? Although it is not an ideal product for a gtt, but it seems to be slightly more reliable than E-manage (heard a lot of bad stories regarding e-manage, such as blown coil packs). I do realize the limited tuning that options of the SAFC. Some feedback from you guys would be great. If i do go ahead to install this, any recommendations of a good workshop that can do this?

3. Intake (Open Pod or drop in)
Personally I would like to go for the Drop In filter, any brands to recommend based on your experience?

Sorry to bombard you guys with so many questions at one go, but your advice/experience is highly valued in these matters.

Cheers..

JaHaX

1,500 RPM
Sep 21, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
hi joe ... my personal experience

1. exhaust

well i was told that custom made exhaust quality has improved considerably and the quality is more or less at par with the aftermarket one. but for me, i would still go for jap's aftremarket brand for ease of installation.

if u go to japanbid, there are tons of full set aftermarket brand for sale and their price is very competitive. bear in mind that locally custom made system gonna cost u a bomb also

alternatively, u may also scout around chop shops for the exhaust set and what u can do later is to custom fit it to ur application

currently, i myself using 3" from downpipe till the rear muffler without center bullet, sound a bit garang.

2. SAFC

i have AFC-neo in my car and that stuff was installed after i upgraded to bigger turbo. the stuff is considered as a temporary stuff for basic air-fuel correction before going full fledge with stand alone ecu. good thing is that that small stuff work wonders.

mind u, mine is manual, not really sure what the effect gonna be for auto

3. filter

currently im using sard EX sport filter and that stuff works and sucks air like nobody's business. the best i can say, earlier, i used hks cone type and apexi dual funnel rams. i hate hks's filter element and apexi dual funnel rams is kinda small.

hope it helps u ...

joethurr

500 RPM
Sep 11, 2007
Thanks for the input...quite hard to find an aftermarket exhaust system for gtt in the shops... anyone has some pointers, as for the sard ex sports filter... definitely going to give it a try..

naklaju: bro... been contemplating converting to manual..it's sooo tempting..

As for SAFC, i guess that plan put on hold until I decide to upgrade to bigger tubro? 0.5 boost dah bosan la....

opp61

Known Member
Dec 1, 2007
Bud,

Did a bit of research on the RB25DET. For a cheapo start to some resonable power, you can follow the following guide:

RB25DET Tuning - Skyline Owners Forum

You can get loads of info on the RB25DET on this site.

Oh and if you need a downpipe which is 3 inch, let me know. I have one.

Cheers!!

khoyos

2,000 RPM
Nov 23, 2003
Shah Alam
another cheap mod is to hi-flow ur stock turbo and upgrade to steel turbine wheel. it'll look 100% stock, no need to alter anything. cost around rm1200-1500. can boost beyond 1 bar with proper supporting mods.

a good set of front mounted intercooler (there are some plug n play kits available - blitz or infinite if u want to buy local) will help gain some extra power by way of better cooling, and it'll make ur car look better.

dont forget to invest in safety mods like good brake pads n a good set of suspension system.

Last edited:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

You have probably heard this story before about BMW working on a M-badged variant of the 1-Series. In fact it's been going on for years, we've seen spy shots and videos alleging to be that of the M-badged 1-Series, but nothing has been official, till now.

In an interview with German webzine "Auto-News", BMW M GmbH's Managing Director Dr. Kay Segler for the first time officially acknowledged the Bavarian...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience