Modding a Peugeot 408

marv3

Known Member
Jun 5, 2014
Kuala Lumpur
Hello all sifus,

Im just wondering which is actually better? I mean the pros and cons and cost. My ride is a 408 Turbo.

And also, usually at which stage to do these? Im asking this is because, lets say, i do it now. Then later i change my downpipe and exhaust, or even change a mushroom or a new turbo kit, will it have a affect the remap or piggyback?

Thank you guys.

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
Hello all sifus,

Im just wondering which is actually better? I mean the pros and cons and cost. My ride is a 408 Turbo.

And also, usually at which stage to do these? Im asking this is because, lets say, i do it now. Then later i change my downpipe and exhaust, or even change a mushroom or a new turbo kit, will it have a affect the remap or piggyback?

Thank you guys.
piggy back as the name suggest tap into the existing ecu.
its a simple plug and play mod.it works with stock engine and minor mod like air filter and exhaust change.
if not mistaken,not much can be alter with the piggyback,which is why its the cheapest ecu mod.Race chip is one brand of piggy back.

remap is basically like deleting everything in yr stock ecu and downloading a new software or parameter for the engine to run on.stock car from showroom have setting which restraint some parameter the engine run on like misture,ignition.it is done by the manufacturer to meet emission regulation and for durability purpose.
remap is abit more pricy compared to piggyback.

then u have standalone ecu.this is needed if u change to bigger turbo with larger injector and so on.done properly,u can do whatever u want to the engine.low rpm for pickuo or high rpm..bla..bla..bla..

if yr car is thebone with the prince engine and using the paddle shift.keep in mind the max torque the gb can handle to make sure u dont destroy it by producing too much torque.

marv3

Known Member
Jun 5, 2014
Kuala Lumpur
Roger that. Will take note on the gb torque limitation. But....I dont know how much torque my gb can take "-_-

Also, at which stage should i do a remap? Anytime? Or after all hardware mod is done?

Thank you.

---------- Post added at 02:19 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 02:18 PM ----------

Roger that. Will take note on the gb torque limitation. But....I dont know how much torque my gb can take "-_-

Also, at which stage should i do a remap? Anytime? Or after all hardware mod is done?

Thank you.

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka

Thank you.

---------- Post added at 02:19 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 02:18 PM ----------

Thank you.
u can do it now.
if yr hardware mod is not extreme then u wont need to another remap when its done

marv3

Known Member
Jun 5, 2014
Kuala Lumpur
Wouldnt i need to remap or retune the piggyback again after every hardware mod?? Say like now, if i do remap or piggyback, then later i change downpipe and exhaust system. The current mapping or piggyback setting may be different right?

By the way, which is better? Piggyback or remap??

Thank you

Last edited:

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL

Thank you.
Piggybacks are reversible. Remaps are permanent. And it's usually done to support the hardware you've installed (if any).

Mind elaborating abit on this and also recomend some places?

Thanks....
Tuners are more important than the device you choose to go for. I could give you an expensive Haltech Interceptor but since I know nothing about tuning it, it'd be pointless. Find a good tuner you can work with and go with whatever they recommend to you.

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Piggybacks are reversible. Remaps are permanent. And it's usually done to support the hardware you've installed (if any).
But not all ECU can remap, right?
I remember mine they have to re-chip then reprogram, or maybe mine just too old school dy....:smokin:

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
But not all ECU can remap, right?
I remember mine they have to re-chip then reprogram, or maybe mine just too old school dy....:smokin:
Change standalone ECU adi :love:

---------- Post added at 09:23 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:22 AM ----------

If once remapped and not reversible or adjustable, then what if after Remapping and it isnt what we wanted? Have to get another standalone ECU? :confused:

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
Hello all sifus,

Thank you guys.
Do absolutely NOTHING to your car. The Prince THP engine is notorious of problems. From the carbon buildup due to its less than stellar direct injection, to turbo failures, to depollution error, whatever the f that means.

Unless you want to pay through your nose. Its best you keep your car stock and warranty intact. The only thing you can do is change the original filter to a drop in variant by the likes of K&N.

marv3

Known Member
Jun 5, 2014
Kuala Lumpur
Thank you all for the advise/comments/feedback.

Can anyone recomend where is a good tunner for both piggyback and remap??

Thank you

stupidcar

5,000 RPM
Mar 18, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
Do absolutely NOTHING to your car. The Prince THP engine is notorious of problems. From the carbon buildup due to its less than stellar direct injection, to turbo failures, to depollution error, whatever the f that means.

Unless you want to pay through your nose. Its best you keep your car stock and warranty intact. The only thing you can do is change the original filter to a drop in variant by the likes of K&N.
Use K&N more carbon buildup dei!

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Change standalone ECU adi :love:

---------- Post added at 09:23 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:22 AM ----------

If once remapped and not reversible or adjustable, then what if after Remapping and it isnt what we wanted? Have to get another standalone ECU? :confused:
Stand alone very expensive woh!

If can remap, probably can re remap? Not sure why non reversible? Non reversible like mine, cannot remap, but can re chip....:driver:

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
i would go for remap if the stock ecu supports remaps.... because can retain all the goodness of stock ecu and original sensor....the best is can switch back to factory map anytime...(normally use as backup)

for piggyback...u go send to SC already for checking they can detect....

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi folks,

Anyone here have experience doing the engine balancing? What i know, for make ur engine more lighten.

Is there any reliable to this?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience