ST 150 & AT 151 Corona

I like to go to Sun Chan Hong, Subang.. The guys there are pretty young and I find them friendly. One of them even has an 180SX, so if you see that purple car you know you've found the place. Price is reasonable too. It's actually the corner lot of a whole row of chopshops, so it's easy for you to do price comparison if you need..

Hi guys, I'm back from a brainwashing BTN camp :stupid:.. (Compulsory for all sponsored students going overseas)

Glad to see so much has happened around here..
First of all, I just wanna say :adore::adore::adore: to 2o2r for that 258km/h pic.. Incredible car, and incredible balls to dare to push the car to that extent..:biggrin:
Secondly, glad to know your fuel consumption is so good, bro Shan.. I would assume the car is endorsed already? Congratulations in advance if that's so.. :smile:
Thirdly, to xMika.. Wherever you go, don't go to MunLee.. That place is bullshit.. If you're just driving a normal car (ie. not Drag n Drift/Race look), they'll treat you like bullshit.. Price is bullshit, quality is bullshit, workmanship is bullshit.. Even customer service also bullshit.. Lotsa immitation items, sold at original prices.. Esp you're just a 19 year old car newbie, they'll wanna slaughter you like shit man.. My advise, stay away from that place..
And to MCJRC1899, the relay does work, I installed it in my car when it underwent engine conversion, the lights are really bright, but not too bright (not like HID style) so you wouldn't get into trouble.. I paid 100 bucks for mine, I think. But like 2o2r said, check the chrome in your headlamps too.. If the chrome is faded, your lights won't brighten up that much..

I guess nobody missed me, but.. Good to be back..:biggrin:

Nice to have you back, RR. No wonder didn't see yr posting for so long, didn't know you got "detained in a concentration camp".:laugh: Thanks for your kind compliments. I told you I coudln't see so well these days, so I didn't noticed I was going that fast mar...when reached home, then only I checked.:biggrin:

About Mun Lee, that's a lot of shit in your comment about them, huh ? :laugh::laugh: That bad, huh ? They must've pissed you off real bad !

hey rage welcome back to the real world!
i was wondering where u went! thought u went for a holiday to japan or sumthing:biggrin:
2o2r: trust me when i say that i agree with what rage says bout munlee... i'm pretty sure u wouldn't like them very much... i prefer the halfcut shops in klang and seremban compared to them!

Oh yeah, "holiday" away at a Felda Polis Bantuan Training Centre in Gemencheh, NS..:biggrin:

Yeah, was really like being detained away from the rest of the world, for one week I had no internet, no papers, I had no idea what was going on outside that camp, not even what was going on between the 2 Koreas! :bawling:

And yeah, Mun Lee did piss me off real bad.. Actually, many chopshops around are like that, with a couple of bad apples that leave a bad taste in their customers' mouth, but overall they'd still be acceptable. It's only Mun Lee that has sooooo many bad, black, wormed, rotten apples that I felt like puking when leaving that place..

Last edited:
Can't really blame the chop shops coz of 2 primary reason; in my opinion.

1. They are exporting the parts to other countries like the US & middle east which offers a much, much more lucrative price. Example, they sell the same item for 100 bucks here in M'sia but to the oversea customers, it's in US Dollar, my friend. That's more than 3 fold & no return after selling like local customers. Boss, this one 1 cannot use la, they have to change another 1 for you. To oversea customers, once sold is sold & they buy in bulk, by the containers. We local customers only buy 1 or 2 small items, some more ask this, ask that ^ after that some more ask for discount. Sure, they don't layan you lor.

2. The prices of the price keeps going up due to our own local people hoarding (runners) & some newbies don't mind buying; even if they are sold at ridiculously high prices. So they don't mind if you didn't buy or think that is expensive coz others will grab them.

3. There's an "art" of how to approach or talk to chop shop guys. If you find a nice guy there, befriend him. The other way is, go as a runner or as a mechanic but for the 2nd option, you must either look like a mech or you must know yr technical stuff well. Then you may get a good deal.:biggrin:

Haha, the sifu has spoken :adore::adore:

Well, I agree with all 1, 2 and 3. But for 1, we can't help it; for 2, we can't really do anything about it either, so for me, it's 3 that I'm trying to do now.. Not the mech or the runner part, but the befriending part :biggrin:

Haha, the sifu has spoken :adore::adore:

Well, I agree with all 1, 2 and 3. But for 1, we can't help it; for 2, we can't really do anything about it either, so for me, it's 3 that I'm trying to do now.. Not the mech or the runner part, but the befriending part :biggrin:

The Force is strong with this one.You've learned well, my young apprentice. Befriend him you must, young Jedi RR.:laugh:

images

Last edited:
That shorty's name's Yoda; not Danny DeVito, not The Penguin (Batman) :laugh:

RM 320 for a pair of headlights w/o the parking lights ??:confused: That's very, very expensive !!:thefinger:

aahhh... That's rite yoda... Well the lights i think he was high when he put that price... The highest i would pay would be rm140 for the pair... He thinks he sell bmw angel eyes or what??? Guys! Bout the sitiawan trip, how???

Hey guys do you know that theres angel eyes headlamp for ST171 ? Just get the BMW E36 ones and fit in haha .. need to mod the mounting bracket abit ..

Hi to every Corona Owner's,

1 question, If your chassis is 1.8cc then you endorsed 1.6cc engine and somehow down the road she wants a 2.0cc in her, will it be approved ? or is it not applicable ?

Hi to every Corona Owner's,

1 question, If your chassis is 1.8cc then you endorsed 1.6cc engine and somehow down the road she wants a 2.0cc in her, will it be approved ? or is it not applicable ?

You can do that coz the JPJ will still refer to the car's original capacity, i.e yr case a 1,8 liter. So it's still possible to upgrade to a 2 liter. Of course the engine mountings is another story.

I heard that if the mounting modifications is done professionally, neat and properly, they might approve. Any comments ?

I heard that if the mounting modifications is done professionally, neat and properly, they might approve. Any comments ?

If according to the book, NO modification or welding at all, should be made to the original mountings. When I sent my car for inspection at the PUSPAKOM, those idiots scrape the paint off my engine mountings to see if it has been re-welded.

However, you are allowed to bolt-on an extended bracket to the original mountings to mate it to the engine's mountings if it didn't fit.

Yeah, yeah, Sitiawan/Teluk Batik trip, how? I should be making a day trip also, or at the most 2 days, so who's in for a Corona convoy? :biggrin:

1. Corona_ice (I know you'll want in!)
2. Ragerunner
3. pcmoddingmy? (Or you'll be there much earlier?)
4. xMika?
5. Black910?
6. Vince? Arthur? Kareza69? Anyone else?

I guess there is a chance then, if i get bored with the 20v i can still pursue a 3S.... :tee:

---------- Post added at 01:11 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 01:10 AM ----------

1.8 to 1.6 no problem .. 1.8 to 2.0 also no problem .. 1.8 to 2.5 surely cannot

You can do that coz the JPJ will still refer to the car's original capacity, i.e yr case a 1,8 liter. So it's still possible to upgrade to a 2 liter. Of course the engine mountings is another story.

Yeah, yeah, Sitiawan/Teluk Batik trip, how? I should be making a day trip also, or at the most 2 days, so who's in for a Corona convoy? :biggrin:

1. Corona_ice (I know you'll want in!)
2. Ragerunner
3. pcmoddingmy? (Or you'll be there much earlier?)
4. xMika?
5. Black910?
6. Vince? Arthur? Kareza69? Anyone else?

@ Mika & ROR -Thanks for the superb info....:idea:

@ RR - When is this Convoy exactly ?