Need some info about brake pads

y2188

Known Member
Jan 4, 2016
Petaling Jaya
That maybe brake fade? Try change the pads first......:biggrin:
Brake fade + spongy feeling...Well since my mom never complained about it i guess its pretty adequate for her :rofl: Nowadays i only drive the car once in a blue moon so really never affected me also hahaha

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
I cannot tahan one. Even my Hyundai I rarely drive but even since I changed Trestor Advantage for VR and found them good, I went hunting for them for Hyundai. Found them and fitted even though Hyundai pads still have 70 to 80%. Now hunting for the Chery SUV but cannot find, only have Bendix General CT.....:bawling:

y2188

Known Member
Jan 4, 2016
Petaling Jaya
I cannot tahan one. Even my Hyundai I rarely drive but even since I changed Trestor Advantage for VR and found them good, I went hunting for them for Hyundai. Found them and fitted even though Hyundai pads still have 70 to 80%. Now hunting for the Chery SUV but cannot find, only have Bendix General CT.....:bawling:
Cherry not much parts to choose from right? given its not that popular here..its a company car so no point improving it hhaha :rofl:

KenDiriwan

1,000 RPM
Mar 15, 2006
kendiriwan.multiply.com
Is good to have the instinct on equipping decent pad considering the number of ahole's on the road. Not really motorsport level but just serves enough for daily purposes.

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Is good to have the instinct on equipping decent pad considering the number of ahole's on the road. Not really motorsport level but just serves enough for daily purposes.
Lately also because wife complaint initial bite not there, then step harder the bite suddenly comes, so thinking of changing the pads also....:driver:

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Cherry not much parts to choose from right? given its not that popular here..its a company car so no point improving it hhaha :rofl:
Yup, either OEM or search after market. So far after market got Bendix but her SUV got General CT only. The rear pads seems mid end for 4WD have but in Australia website only. I can ask my brother to get as he resides there but dollar to dollar in AUD....:banghead::banghead:

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
general ct the best for street...

trust me...used that on rear brake of my satria...while everybody complains that handbrake not enough grip during parking....with the general ct pad i can do butt-swing with simple handbrake pull in the satria...

good grip and require no warm-up operating temperature...

KenDiriwan

1,000 RPM
Mar 15, 2006
kendiriwan.multiply.com

trust me...used that on rear brake of my satria...while everybody complains that handbrake not enough grip during parking....with the general ct pad i can do butt-swing with simple handbrake pull in the satria...

As an ex user of general ct, give Trestor Advantage Blue a try if possible. It won't disappoint you on initial bite and rotor wear except powderful. You will drop your jaw for what it cost of.

mADmAN

Aug 5, 2004
rapidstop 550c

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya

I have change the rear pads on the SUV already and they are the General CT. Front hardly wear and I suspect they are very hard pads that is why thinking of trying out General CT since that is the only pads that I can find now...:driver:

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
As an ex user of general ct, give Trestor Advantage Blue a try if possible. It won't disappoint you on initial bite and rotor wear except powderful. You will drop your jaw for what it cost of.
Wanted that for the SUV but cannot find....:banghead:

y2188

Known Member
Jan 4, 2016
Petaling Jaya
Yup, either OEM or search after market. So far after market got Bendix but her SUV got General CT only. The rear pads seems mid end for 4WD have but in Australia website only. I can ask my brother to get as he resides there but dollar to dollar in AUD....:banghead::banghead:
Hmmm the aussie website thats selling the rear pads they dont have the front one? what do do currency dropping in a rate like that :bawling:

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Hmmm the aussie website thats selling the rear pads they dont have the front one? what do do currency dropping in a rate like that :bawling:
I tried online and cost is A$99, where I got mine here is like RM100, so is $ to $ already. Last time I did ask my brother to check for me Bendix top range Ultimate pads was like A$400....:banghead:

y2188

Known Member
Jan 4, 2016
Petaling Jaya
I tried online and cost is A$99, where I got mine here is like RM100, so is $ to $ already. Last time I did ask my brother to check for me Bendix top range Ultimate pads was like A$400....:banghead:
So regardless the currency exchange rates, they still selling it at the same price hahahaha :rofl:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Track aficionados will have another toy at their disposal with Audi lifting the lid on its TT GT4 racer that will make it to production in 2012. The turnkey racer will supposedly be priced reasonably to appeal to a wider track audience.

Power will be provided...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience