Is P2 Axia a good buy?

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
I still have one 1L bottle of Mobil 1 0W20 at home. I used it on my Wira for a while (the other 3 bottles). Didn't use it long. About 2000 km changed it out cuz I could not stand the way the car struggled at higher revs.

Anyway, so the Iris is RM42k starting price. I think the Axia is going to sell well.
Iris, I think many will wait and see. 1st batch is the infamous guinea pig batch.

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
I still have one 1L bottle of Mobil 1 0W20 at home. I used it on my Wira for a while (the other 3 bottles). Didn't use it long. About 2000 km changed it out cuz I could not stand the way the car struggled at higher revs.

Anyway, so the Iris is RM42k starting price. I think the Axia is going to sell well.
Still different class mah! Now see affect Myvi or not?:driver:

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Myvi may or may not be affected, all depends on the quality of the car. Myvi has very little problems except for the previous batches of rotors. Other than that the car had very little problems. What more people know it's a rebadged Toyota. Iris has its work cut out, so here's hoping their QC is good. Good thing they didn't listen to that old man and priced this car high.

chsyke

Known Member
Dec 13, 2006
Planning to test both P1 and P2 this weekend. Hope the q is not long...

cvkit17

2,000 RPM
Mar 20, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
Cv, you drive like Uncle then can use 0w-20. My friend tried in his Honda, high revs oil disappear....switch back to 5w-30 oil level maintain....:driver:

---------- Post added at 08:49 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 08:49 PM ----------

Must drive like Uncle Cv.....:rofl::rofl:
I think if often stuck in traffic jam, 0W20 is beneficial...might give it a shot since I stuck in jam almost everyday now

Myvi may or may not be affected, all depends on the quality of the car. Myvi has very little problems except for the previous batches of rotors. Other than that the car had very little problems. What more people know it's a rebadged Toyota. Iris has its work cut out, so here's hoping their QC is good. Good thing they didn't listen to that old man and priced this car high.
I think myvi sales will be affected. And one mistake that Perodua made is ripping off the ABS and EBD from their Axia Spec G. ABS and EBD are quite common nowadays thus people will use them as a point to compare. I guess the only P2 can sell good now is the Axia Spec G because it is the cheapest-not-kosong-car one could afford. Another selling point for P2 is that their car has a better reliability record than P1.

I think Proton did a good job on Iriz. First appearance, specs, and features seem to be good compared to other competitors at that price range. However, its a P1. Many people still do not trust P1. Its like comparing Korean cars with Jap cars. Japanese cars still sell better despite Korean cars have more features and better equipped. Lets see.

Btw, why is the CVT on Iriz gives higher FC compared to manual? Many cvt car models have better FC compared to manual..

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
I think if often stuck in traffic jam, 0W20 is beneficial...might give it a shot since I stuck in jam almost everyday now

I think myvi sales will be affected. And one mistake that Perodua made is ripping off the ABS and EBD from their Axia Spec G. ABS and EBD are quite common nowadays thus people will use them as a point to compare. I guess the only P2 can sell good now is the Axia Spec G because it is the cheapest-not-kosong-car one could afford. Another selling point for P2 is that their car has a better reliability record than P1.

I think Proton did a good job on Iriz. First appearance, specs, and features seem to be good compared to other competitors at that price range. However, its a P1. Many people still do not trust P1. Its like comparing Korean cars with Jap cars. Japanese cars still sell better despite Korean cars have more features and better equipped. Lets see.

Btw, why is the CVT on Iriz gives higher FC compared to manual? Many cvt car models have better FC compared to manual..
Then get the bottle from bro. Izso, and buy the balance to try....:biggrin:

CVT still auto mah! Manual is manual.....:burnout:

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL

Ya, your uncle driving paired with 0W20 will probably improve your FC even more. But I've seen your version of "uncle driving". I don't think it'll improve that much more :thefinger:

And ya, I like the Iriz a lot more than the Myvi or Axia. But only the 1.6L Premium / Exec interests me. The only thing I find interesting is the 40k km CVT oil change interval. That's really short. Why is the P1 CVT oil change interval so short compared to the Nissan ones? Nissan is 100k km.

As for FC, I don't know. Personally the FC on my current car has yet to exceed 11km/. Have not tried outstation driving yet.

Then get the bottle from bro. Izso, and buy the balance to try....:biggrin:

CVT still auto mah! Manual is manual.....:burnout:
Ya about that.... I realized it was opened, not closed as I originally stated. So I mixed it with the old oil I had lying around and used that as flushing oil. :biggrin:

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Ya, your uncle driving paired with 0W20 will probably improve your FC even more. But I've seen your version of "uncle driving". I don't think it'll improve that much more :thefinger:

And ya, I like the Iriz a lot more than the Myvi or Axia. But only the 1.6L Premium / Exec interests me. The only thing I find interesting is the 40k km CVT oil change interval. That's really short. Why is the P1 CVT oil change interval so short compared to the Nissan ones? Nissan is 100k km.

As for FC, I don't know. Personally the FC on my current car has yet to exceed 11km/. Have not tried outstation driving yet.

Ya about that.... I realized it was opened, not closed as I originally stated. So I mixed it with the old oil I had lying around and used that as flushing oil. :biggrin:
Wah! yours can last 100k km cvt fluid change? I hear Honda CVT fluid change is 40k km also.

Oops, then Bro. Cvkit got to buy 4 bottles....:biggrin:

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008

1.6 CVT. Hmmm....maybe can transplant Preve engine inside :biggrin:
No ABS or EBD nvm la, at least reminds us of the feeling of driving Kelisa. :biggrin:

Feel is a Kelisa replacement rather than Viva hehe!

U guys didnt go test drive yesterday? His Uncle speed is just that he see things around him getting slower when he drives. That's why he felt slow, therefore is uncle speed :biggrin:

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
1.6 CVT. Hmmm....maybe can transplant Preve engine inside :biggrin:
No ABS or EBD nvm la, at least reminds us of the feeling of driving Kelisa. :biggrin:

Feel is a Kelisa replacement rather than Viva hehe!

U guys didnt go test drive yesterday? His Uncle speed is just that he see things around him getting slower when he drives. That's why he felt slow, therefore is uncle speed :biggrin:
Kelisa replacement? Then you better get one, since you love the kelisa.....:rofl:

Wah! Bro. cvkit is another Initial D in the making.....:driver:

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Kelisa replacement? Then you better get one, since you love the kelisa.....:rofl:

Wah! Bro. cvkit is another Initial D in the making.....:driver:
I still love the kelisa design more than Axia haha!

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
I still love the kelisa design more than Axia haha!
design is down to our personal preference.
on overall design i have to agree with u.
seperating the car to front and rear then it will be a different story.but,mixing the design wont work.thats preference.

knowing its a 'cheap' car i know the axia will be dull and boring.
just like my wife's viva.however,dull and boring will reward in a different way.fc is one example.mixed driving of 50/50 on the 850 manual vival with aircon all the time can return 21km/l.no need to used 0-20w.
safe bet for axia auto will be abt 16-18km/l.still,good figure.

will i buy the axia?
nope,blame it on my dad for exposing me to bigger cc car.

axia for the price and the category its in has no competitor which can match its pricing.hence its going to do well.plus it has the 'image' of made in japan.it just boggles my mind how much r&d goes into the car for it to justify the price?

iriz is from a class above but if want to compare it for its price and spec,iriz wins hands down.

which comes to the conclusion....
is Axia a good buy?
yes if u want good fc.
no if you want anything else the axia cant give u.

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
design is down to our personal preference.
on overall design i have to agree with u.
seperating the car to front and rear then it will be a different story.but,mixing the design wont work.thats preference.

knowing its a 'cheap' car i know the axia will be dull and boring.
just like my wife's viva.however,dull and boring will reward in a different way.fc is one example.mixed driving of 50/50 on the 850 manual vival with aircon all the time can return 21km/l.no need to used 0-20w.
safe bet for axia auto will be abt 16-18km/l.still,good figure.

will i buy the axia?
nope,blame it on my dad for exposing me to bigger cc car.

axia for the price and the category its in has no competitor which can match its pricing.hence its going to do well.plus it has the 'image' of made in japan.it just boggles my mind how much r&d goes into the car for it to justify the price?

iriz is from a class above but if want to compare it for its price and spec,iriz wins hands down.

which comes to the conclusion....
is Axia a good buy?
yes if u want good fc.
no if you want anything else the axia cant give u.
Only 1 thing in my mind. Will the Axia handles as well as the Kelisa in comparison is all I wish to find out cuz I know the Viva doesn't. Viva felt a bit more like my kancil in terms of handling. :biggrin:

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Only 1 thing in my mind. Will the Axia handles as well as the Kelisa in comparison is all I wish to find out cuz I know the Viva doesn't. Viva felt a bit more like my kancil in terms of handling. :biggrin:
Comfort no handling, Got handling no comfort.....:driver::biggrin:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

3. 4 secs / 620ps / 760nm / 3.9L V8 twin scroll twin turbo / 7,500rpm / 1,472kg / 8 speed DCT / 320km+ / RM986K before tax and options

Yet another new Ferrari arrives KL but this time, the mood is different. It is the Prancing Horse's latest GT entry, featuring a 620ps V8 twin turbo up front but mounted in the middle, then paired with a very new, 8 speed dual clutch box.

8 Speed Dual Clutch Box...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience