Myvi 1.3 SE Automatic or Axia SE Automatic

FVel

500 RPM
Feb 5, 2007
I'm buying the wife a new car and we shortlisted the models mentioned.

Just wondering what everyone else think. I know this is somewhat apples vs oranges, but all things being equal (nevermind the price differential), what would you choose ?

I don't much care for how new or how well promoted a vehicle or even how good it looks, as long as the handling and safety of one is better than the other.

The thing with the Axia is that it is so new, I'm not sure I have enough feedback to base a decision. The cockpit is comfortable but a little smaller compared to the Myvi (My head is noticeably closer to the roof in the front seats).

Not sure about the handling and reliability. I didn't drive the thing and not sure what how much one can gauge over the course of a stupid testdrive of several peaceful circuits with the salesman sitting by your side. Can someone give an idea of how the Axia handle compared to a Myvi 1.3 SE ? Tyres look somewhat thin and the car has a high and narrow profile. Just not too confidence inspiring although the wife is currently driving a Kenari, which I guess is a step up in all respects.

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
Neither, Myvi 1.5L.

Kenari to Axia is kinda... uh..why bother. The NVH, handling, safety isn't much of a change between the two. Myvi isn't that fantastic either. If you're looking at the Axia, might as well keep the Kenari.

lingkesh

500 RPM
Aug 20, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
You are better off with the Iriz. Its bigger it terms of size than the Myvi and even the base model comes with ESC, Traction Control and Hill hold Assist.

yewly1990

Known Member
Aug 18, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
I'm buying the wife a new car and we shortlisted the models mentioned.

Just wondering what everyone else think. I know this is somewhat apples vs oranges, but all things being equal (nevermind the price differential), what would you choose ?

I don't much care for how new or how well promoted a vehicle or even how good it looks, as long as the handling and safety of one is better than the other.

The thing with the Axia is that it is so new, I'm not sure I have enough feedback to base a decision. The cockpit is comfortable but a little smaller compared to the Myvi (My head is noticeably closer to the roof in the front seats).

Not sure about the handling and reliability. I didn't drive the thing and not sure what how much one can gauge over the course of a stupid testdrive of several peaceful circuits with the salesman sitting by your side. Can someone give an idea of how the Axia handle compared to a Myvi 1.3 SE ? Tyres look somewhat thin and the car has a high and narrow profile. Just not too confidence inspiring although the wife is currently driving a Kenari, which I guess is a step up in all respects.
Personally I love Axia... look quite cute ...

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Fvel, here's my humble opinion.

1. Cost effective : Myvi 1.5 or Axia (which is cheaper).
2. Space : Myvi actually has a pretty damn big cabing. But the Iriz has the "bigger" boot and Axia boot is quite useless.
3. Safety : Iriz, Myvi, Axia (in that order)
4. Fuel Economy : Axia. Considering it's size and 3-potter engine, it technically should be the best fuel economy car here. But I heard the Mitsubishi Colt does even better.
5. Pasar - home car choice : Axia. Small, easy to park, not in high on the "cars to be stolen" list and I suspect maintenance will be easier than the other choices.

Conclusion? I'd buy the Colt.

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
I would still go for Myvi 1.3SE.
Axia the longer I see it, especially the tail lights is ugly to me. But then small for ladies, easier to drive.
One of the reason why my gf and I chose the Kelisa instead of Myvi when looking for 2nd hand cars.

But my gf told me, if that time when we were looking for cars, If Axia launched at that time, she would go for Axia. Cuz is at least new and is cheap rather than getting 2nd hand.

Still best ask your wife which she prefer more then do more research on the one she chose?

Last edited:

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Axia and Myvi not the same category. Why nobody knowsss.
Even though not same category, TS choice mah......:rofl:

---------- Post added at 02:14 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 02:12 PM ----------

I would still go for Myvi 1.3SE.
Axia the longer I see it, especially the tail lights is ugly to me. But then small for ladies, easier to drive.
One of the reason why my gf and I chose the Kelisa instead of Myvi when looking for 2nd hand cars.

But my gf told me, if that time when we were looking for cars, If Axia launched at that time, she would go for Axia. Cuz is at least new and is cheap rather than getting 2nd hand.

Still best ask your wife which she prefer more then do more research on the one she chose?
When I first time getting car for wife, first thing she said, NO kancil......hhahahhaha:biggrin:
She was happy with the Wira, then next change she went bigger and got the Hyundai Sonata.
After that she was looking at MPV, until finally she said no need such big space but still she wanted something higher up so she bought the SUV. No small car for her......hahhahahahhaa:rofl:

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Even though not same category, TS choice mah......:rofl:

When I first time getting car for wife, first thing she said, NO kancil......hhahahhaha:biggrin:
She was happy with the Wira, then next change she went bigger and got the Hyundai Sonata.
After that she was looking at MPV, until finally she said no need such big space but still she wanted something higher up so she bought the SUV. No small car for her......hahhahahahhaa:rofl:
Ya same when we went and test drive SUV, girls I dunno somehow they find SUV easier to see and easier to drive...can see everything compare to a Sedan especially if they are not that tall and small size...they prefer SUV.

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Ya same when we went and test drive SUV, girls I dunno somehow they find SUV easier to see and easier to drive...can see everything compare to a Sedan especially if they are not that tall and small size...they prefer SUV.
Then how she ended up with the Kelisa?:hmmmm:

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Then how she ended up with the Kelisa?:hmmmm:
The only small car during that time..Viva ugly. And no Axia yet. If got Axia at that time, she say she would go for Axia.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

As per subject, wondering is there any website where we can check all those? Cause I'm thinking of buying one now.
Thanks all in advance.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience