2003 wish worth to buy?

francbs

Known Member
Apr 11, 2009
Hi everyone,

Currently I have a friend who might be letting go a well maintained 2003 wish. For market price I believe is still around 65k.

So the problem now, I am considering whether is it worth to look into it as my parent like to have a 7 seater mover. Now for 2nd car the interest fall between 5 to 6 percent as told by some car seller.

I was told recond 2008 wish cost 90k to be on the road while newer recond 2009 cost 1++k. I might be able to get loan on those recond.

So the trouble is it worth it since resell value and maintenance of it?

Btw I from kuching

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
Why spend RM65k + interest for an 11 year old car...when you can get a new one for the same amount of installment post interest, e.g. Alza, Exora, Livina.

Don't forget for the 11 year old car there will be a lot of wear and tear. Bushings, joints, plastics crumbling etc.

francbs

Known Member
Apr 11, 2009
Why spend RM65k + interest for an 11 year old car...when you can get a new one for the same amount of installment post interest, e.g. Alza, Exora, Livina.

Don't forget for the 11 year old car there will be a lot of wear and tear. Bushings, joints, plastics crumbling etc.
yes that is what i am considering... no really worth to spend on the interest. what actually interest me is the condition of the car itself which is in good condition as i know my friend closely.

i am considering wish as the fuel consumption is good and there is a resell value but for 11 years car .. haizzz.

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
yes that is what i am considering... no really worth to spend on the interest. what actually interest me is the condition of the car itself which is in good condition as i know my friend closely.

i am considering wish as the fuel consumption is good and there is a resell value but for 11 years car .. haizzz.
Resale value? By the time you buy it, and use it
11 years + 5 years? it is 16 year old car. Why don't you go check how much people are selling 16 year old Toyotas, and more importantly, got people buy or not?

Toyota Estima 2.4 (A) SUPERCHARGED with SUNROOF - Cars for sale Kedah - Mudah.my

This is a 16 year old Toyota Estima, RM22k. Estima is a more expensive car than Wish, So assuming your Wish is *worth* RM22K @ 16 year old, you paid RM65k for it, you lose RM43k not including the interest cost yet. Even if you buy Alza, after 5 years you won't lose 66% of the resale value not including interest.

Fuel consumption won't be better than a Perodua Alza. Space won't be bigger than Exora.

If you're buying this Toyota for resale value, then its going to be a pretty stupid decision. If you say you like the Toyota brand, sitting in the Wish make you feel like a boss, then by all means buy it, because you are buying a feeling, not resale value.

francbs

Known Member
Apr 11, 2009
Resale value? By the time you buy it, and use it
11 years + 5 years? it is 16 year old car. Why don't you go check how much people are selling 16 year old Toyotas, and more importantly, got people buy or not?

Toyota Estima 2.4 (A) SUPERCHARGED with SUNROOF - Cars for sale Kedah - Mudah.my

This is a 16 year old Toyota Estima, RM22k. Estima is a more expensive car than Wish, So assuming your Wish is *worth* RM22K @ 16 year old, you paid RM65k for it, you lose RM43k not including the interest cost yet. Even if you buy Alza, after 5 years you won't lose 66% of the resale value not including interest.

Fuel consumption won't be better than a Perodua Alza. Space won't be bigger than Exora.

If you're buying this Toyota for resale value, then its going to be a pretty stupid decision. If you say you like the Toyota brand, sitting in the Wish make you feel like a boss, then by all means buy it, because you are buying a feeling, not resale value.
Thanks for ur explanation.

So what is ur view on Exora, Alza , recond Wish (2008) and recond wish (2009)?

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

As the topic suggest, where can i get for best price? any1 have lobang on this? I`m getting for my new N16 Sentra and i have asked a few shops :

RSone offer rm985
A shop in kepong offer me Rm930

1. any1 have better suggestion on where to get?
2. is there a immitation eibach in the market? (scared kena con)
3. is sportline available in Malaysia yet? (as i asked few shop also dont have)

Pls help
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience