Is P2 Axia a good buy?

chsyke

Known Member
Dec 13, 2006
Hi, I'm planing to change my father's car, he is driving 10years old p1 iswara.
Looking at the new p2 looks good but want to get some opinion from all sifu here.

Thanks in advance for your opinion.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Auto or manual? The cheapest 2 models are manual.

If Auto don't bother with the full spec one. That's a lot of extra money for unnecessary luxuries. The car overall seems pretty solid but I would wait for the Proton Iris launching before deciding. Having said that I heard the Iris is gonna be really expensive for its segment. Let's see

cvkit17

2,000 RPM
Mar 20, 2012
Kuala Lumpur

If Auto don't bother with the full spec one. That's a lot of extra money for unnecessary luxuries. The car overall seems pretty solid but I would wait for the Proton Iris launching before deciding. Having said that I heard the Iris is gonna be really expensive for its segment. Let's see
Autocorrect: The cheapest model is manual only.

Spec G comes in both auto and manual. Only the cheapest model comes only in manual and has no in car entertainment.

My opinion is that if u r looking for an economical (well, literally, coz we're taxed a lot) car with a good fuel consumption, Axia is a good choice. Get spec G if you are only looking for a transport, or straight away go for the highest range (if auto), the advanced version coz it is only 2.3k extra from the SE model and you get leather seat and touch screen multimedia system.

But like izso mentioned, you can wait for Proton Iriz because the lowest range of Iriz cost almost the same as Axia Advanced, but you get a bigger car (i assume) and VSC. However, apart from considering the car itself, you may want to consider the maintenance services, and customer service at SC. Cheers

peterj

1,000 RPM
Apr 27, 2010
Kuching
Look solid?let the picture talk bout itself:thefinger:
10622935_10204538699729380_6157657723993059255_n.jpg

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008

Proton Iris can't really compare to Perodua Axia. Since Iriz is 1.3-1.6 Variant. While the Axia is only 1.0L and priced cheaper is not a surprise.

View attachment 532458
Seems to be quite similar to Kelisa last time. Is also that thin only.

cvkit17

2,000 RPM
Mar 20, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
View attachment 532458
Thats normal for non-luxurious cars man. That's the crumple zone to absorb impact. Compared to myvi, axia scored 4 star Asean NCAP. While some of you might doubt the Asean NCAP standard, Axia result is still better than myvi because its an apple to apple comparison (myvi on Asean NCAP also). Putting VSC aside, Proton Iriz could be better than Axia because of the harder chasis.

I think nowadays we shouldnt remain the mindset that big cars are always safer. Because a tiny suzuki swift totally outperformed lets say a proton waja in crash test. However, all these test mean nothing if we crash the car at more than 100kph

Proton Iris can't really compare to Perodua Axia. Since Iriz is 1.3-1.6 Variant. While the Axia is only 1.0L and priced cheaper is not a surprise.

Seems to be quite similar to Kelisa last time. Is also that thin only.
But malaysians will compare the price instead of car class because of ridiculous tax. U can see that not many are comparing preve with honda civic or toyota altis because of the price although they r in the same class. Preve is often compared to city, vios, almera, fiesta, swift, or cars that are within 70-80k range.

Also, driving Honda Civic and Toyota Altis shows that you can afford a 100k+ car even though they are same class as Preve/Suprima. Malaysian mindset.

Last edited:

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
Do not buy full spec. That's all I can say. For RM4xk, better buy Saga for less.
Sadly, Saga (S16) only scores 3 stars in ANCAP, versus 4 stars for Axia in ASEAN NCAP.

BUT, ANCAP is not equal to ASEAN NCAP. So different thing and not exactly apples to apples.

cvkit17

2,000 RPM
Mar 20, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
Do not buy full spec. That's all I can say. For RM4xk, better buy Saga for less.
Sadly, Saga (S16) only scores 3 stars in ANCAP, versus 4 stars for Axia in ASEAN NCAP.

BUT, ANCAP is not equal to ASEAN NCAP. So different thing and not exactly apples to apples.
Sorry I meant to say myvi was tested with Asean NCAP as well. Thanks for the highlight.

Saga scored 3 stars in Asean NCAP as well.

•Perodua Axia 1000-E built 2014, MY2014 – Adult: 4 stars, Child: 4 stars (71%)

Read more: ASEAN NCAP Q3 2014 test results announced: Perodua Axia, Honda City, Honda Jazz and Tata Vista

•Proton Saga FLX+ Standard built 2013, MY 2013– Adult: 3 stars, Child: 58%, Airbags: 2

Read more: ASEAN NCAP first phase results released for eight models tested - Ford Fiesta and Honda City get 5 stars

I've been into an Axia before. The cabin size is comparable to Saga. The only thing that is smaller than saga is the rear boot size.

peterj

1,000 RPM
Apr 27, 2010
Kuching
What i really surprise is the fender and headlamp no more screw in body but on extra soft small bracket

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
View attachment 532458

Actually I don't see a problem with this design. Crumple zones these days are the way to go. I'd rather crash the car than die in a car that's still intact. I'd haunt the car forever man.

But then again, in the event of a small accident your Axia might end up being a total loss. :biggrin:

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
Sorry I meant to say myvi was tested with Asean NCAP as well. Thanks for the highlight.

Saga scored 3 stars in Asean NCAP as well.

•Perodua Axia 1000-E built 2014, MY2014 – Adult: 4 stars, Child: 4 stars (71%)

Read more: ASEAN NCAP Q3 2014 test results announced: Perodua Axia, Honda City, Honda Jazz and Tata Vista

•Proton Saga FLX+ Standard built 2013, MY 2013– Adult: 3 stars, Child: 58%, Airbags: 2

Read more: ASEAN NCAP first phase results released for eight models tested - Ford Fiesta and Honda City get 5 stars

I've been into an Axia before. The cabin size is comparable to Saga. The only thing that is smaller than saga is the rear boot size.
I'm not sure Saga was tested by ASEAN NCAP or not, but it was definitely tested by ANCAP (Australia)

Results here: http://www.ancap.com.au/pdf/382.PDF