Car thief prevention tips

stargate

Known Member
Oct 15, 2004
Aiyah, why my original post missing one. Anyway, I'll try to list them down again here.

(a) Park your car in a well lit area.

(b) Don't try to cover your valuables eg briefcase with a piece of cloth, cap etc. This will make the thief more curious and smash your side window. In other words, don't leave any valuable belongings in the car, boot included.

(c ) Be careful on suspicious people looking at your car when you park.

(d) Install a tilt sensor, so when your car is tow, your alarm will sound.

Remember, all alarms and gear, pedal, and steering locks can be disabled.

If you have any tips or suggestion, kindly put it here too.

ae92levin

Known Member
Oct 19, 2004
i heard of this somewhere. u can have an alarm and a prepaid phone in ur car. programme it so if ur alarm goes off, it will triger the prepaid phone to call ur mobile phone.

the other thing is u can remove the cable supplying to ur distributor when u leave the car. that way ur engine cannot start. but ur engine bay must always be clean coz u dont wanna be carrying a dirty cable around all the time

gibod_78

1,500 RPM
Jan 15, 2004
Visit site
to those who have ventilated front brake disc (with holes).. can apply solex as well.. it may sounds radiculous but who knows..

Tohsan

Over 10,000 RPM!
Nov 13, 2004
Char Kuoy Teow
Originally posted by stargate@Dec 22 2004, 19:17
(d) Install a tilt sensor, so when your car is tow, your alarm will sound.

I think you are talking about this hardcore car alarm system - Clifford AvanGuard 5, its very powerful alarm, i heard from forums of www.autoworld.com.my one forumers mention someone try to breakin n hijack n unsuccessful a lotsa time.

http://www.clifford.com/g5/sec_rs/default.asp#featureChart

Alternatively u can use paging alarm system - 2 ways alarm system like Boomerang A2002, i am using this now, can check from my LCD remote control if anything happen to my car within the range of 1500 feets (they say 3000 feets range, i believe its only half). If someone start your car, you can stop the engine by pressing your remote control. (see www.beeperalarm.com)

Try to install the Immobilizer to prevent anti-hijack.

At the same time you should install the Bonnet lock just in case someone try to disconnect the battery wire from your alarm system. Some brand come with remote control without the remote the bonnet cannot be open, this additional lock on top of the car bonnet lock.

The steering lock can only be serve as a visual deterent device, if they wanna open it, the thief take only 10 second most to open the lock, so this actually is wasting your money if you already bought one. But its good to fight roadbully in the emergency event for protection.

If you have cash you can also go for the Tracking systems like Captors, but this one is after they hijack your car, they may have drive to nearby area and a toll truck waiting to toll your car away, got cases when they successful in tracking the car, when they went searching n found out the car there is only empty car left!!! :angry:

Tohsan

Over 10,000 RPM!
Nov 13, 2004
Char Kuoy Teow
Originally posted by JINEIL2EN@Dec 23 2004, 17:15
even u install Clifford oso useless lah.....juz unplug ur battery, ev thing is gone......
Jin,

the system come with the backup battery in the siren itself with full enclosure, so if they cut the main battery, the siren still blasting like "siao-liao"!!! Unless the crazy fella go then smash the siren then bo-pian-loh. Since after you install the bonnet lock and alarm system, he cannot open the bonnet lock then he can't cut the battery wire-ma!!

But if he bring in a toll truck then the whole thing is useless except if you are somewhere near and your alarm trigger and page your LCD remote told you someone messing with your car, then quickly you go kick that fella balls-la!!! Make sure you bring another 2 to 3 Indian fella with 3 feets parang to whack that fella, i usually will do that!!!

minivan

1,500 RPM
Jun 11, 2004
BBBangi/KL
Visit site
Some extra tips.....

Eventhough steering lock can be dismantled, still use one, it will act more of a prevention, coz theif might say, hiah... i go for car without steering lock, make my job easier...

To make it tougher for stupid farkers to tow the car, pull hand brake a bit harder than usual AND park in gear.... so if they wanna tow it, they got to smash window to disengage brake and free gear, this may cause someone to spot some funny business going on.....

Eventhough onli a bit, car tints actually do help.... coz have to whack window few times before can get through the window.... another thing is, it makes it a little bit harder to spot stuff in the car....

Spray car unique/weird color... easier to spot :P like in the case of the member with the green satria....

Cheers....

Tohsan

Over 10,000 RPM!
Nov 13, 2004
Char Kuoy Teow
Originally posted by minivan@Dec 24 2004, 01:12
Some extra tips.....

Spray car unique/weird color... easier to spot :P like in the case of the member with the green satria....

Cheers....
yes this one thumb up for you, real good idea!!! :D

ae92levin

Known Member
Oct 19, 2004
Originally posted by minivan@Dec 24 2004, 01:12

Eventhough steering lock can be dismantled, still use one, it will act more of a prevention, coz theif might say, hiah... i go for car without steering lock, make my job easier...

who watched gone in 60 seconds? just need to bring extra steering along. in the case of protons n kancils, not a problem at all..

minivan

1,500 RPM
Jun 11, 2004
BBBangi/KL
Visit site
Originally posted by ae92levin+Dec 24 2004, 02:49 --></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (ae92levin @ Dec 24 2004, 02:49 )</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-minivan@Dec 24 2004, 01:12

who watched gone in 60 seconds? just need to bring extra steering along. in the case of protons n kancils, not a problem at all.. [/b][/quote]
Thats why you have to choose a steering lock that covers the center part of the steering wheel where its bolted to the steering column.... so bugger don't have access to that bolt and do that gone in 60 seconds trick.... ;)

topui11

1,000 RPM
Mar 15, 2004
Visit site
hehehe

get the detachable steering... like mr. bean. hehehe.. the thief comes in... aik??? where's the steering? hahaha... surely he blurr one. hehehe..

;) :lol:

Tohsan

Over 10,000 RPM!
Nov 13, 2004
Char Kuoy Teow
Originally posted by topui11@Dec 24 2004, 10:59
hehehe

get the detachable steering... like mr. bean. hehehe.. the thief comes in... aik??? where's the steering? hahaha... surely he blurr one. hehehe..

;) :lol:
the worst case is still they tow your car away!!! :angry: :angry: :angry:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Brother, you sure or not.. perodua spent Rm580million to "manufacture" myvi? where did you get your facts? perodua didnt even spend anything to develop that car, because perodua is only doing rebadging.
My advise, always give more attention at business section in news paper..
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience