Car Cam Footage: Thief smashes window of a BMW F30 at Ara Damansara

Tom

TIMETOATTACK
Helmet Clan
Jul 6, 2000
Kuala Lumpur
<iframe src="https://www.facebook.com/video/embed?video_id=10151515406372799" frameborder="0" height="480" width="640"></iframe>

I was watching this earlier and got quite mad when it got to 1:42 of the video. It was like the thief had it all planned, to follow the BMW while it gets to a set of traffic lights to gain a perfect opportunity to smash its window to nab a bag.

Now, if you were prepared, what would you have done?

Anyone else have car cam footages to share? HTML is enabled in General talk, so you can now embed them, be it from youtube of facebook

stupidcar

5,000 RPM
Mar 18, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
<iframe src="https://www.facebook.com/video/embed?video_id=10151515406372799" frameborder="0" height="480" width="640"></iframe>

I was watching this earlier and got quite mad when it got to 1:42 of the video. It was like the thief had it all planned, to follow the BMW while it gets to a set of traffic lights to gain a perfect opportunity to smash its window to nab a bag.

Now, if you were prepared, what would you have done?

Anyone else have car cam footages to share? HTML is enabled in General talk, so you can now embed them, be it from youtube of facebook
I really really wanna get a safety tint.
So at least I will have a chance like this,
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=517343294986917

DanzEterna

Nov 1, 2007
PJ
www.primeperdanaclub.com
those bikers might had follow the owner from the bank.

becareful when withdrawing a large amount of money from the bank. one of the accomplice will act like a customer waiting for their turn inside the bank, once they identify a person that withdrawing alot of money over the counter, they will take pic & send it to another accomplice waiting outside. thats how they identify their target.

so becareful.

---------- Post added at 03:12 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 03:11 PM ----------

I really really wanna get a safety tint.
So at least I will have a chance like this,
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=517343294986917
even got safety tint also useless, will slowdown the thief only for a mere second. there is nothing much u can do.

just place your bags/handbags...etc under the seat.

stupidcar

5,000 RPM
Mar 18, 2013
Kuala Lumpur

becareful when withdrawing a large amount of money from the bank. one of the accomplice will act like a customer waiting for their turn inside the bank, once they identify a person that withdrawing alot of money over the counter, they will take pic & send it to another accomplice waiting outside. thats how they identify their target.

so becareful.

---------- Post added at 03:12 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 03:11 PM ----------

even got safety tint also useless, will slowdown the thief only for a mere second. there is nothing much u can do.

Yea, my bags are always by the side of the door on the footwell.
Or in the trunk. Never on the seats. I wonder if that BMW is some taller car and someone who are more angry, will he/she drive through and chase the motorcycle.

cvkit17

2,000 RPM
Mar 20, 2012
Kuala Lumpur

so becareful.

If withdrawing large amount of money, it is best not to go alone. After withdrawing just wait in the bank until your friend or family reaches in front of the bank to drive you off. That is a lot better, at least minimizing the chance of them to strike.

I really dont understand why nowadays still so many people would expose their bags or valuable belongings in the car (seats, center cluster, dashboard, etc) after so many incidents. Why cant you put it somewhere people cant see, like under the seat or legroom area and cover it with sun shade or newspaper or clothes or whatever?

The security tint is helpful. Although it still breaks in the end, it delays the process or breaking it. This would deter the thief from attempting again or would give time for other motorist to help. My friend's car with security tint gave way after 4 hits.

For those who encounter this kind of incident (but u arent the victim) and if you want to help the victim, please be careful and aware because usually they will have 2 - 3 bikes with 3-4 persons in total. So it is good if you have weapons like pepper spray, car lock, etc.

Sigh...Malaysia...

kazukimy

500 RPM
Jul 14, 2006
KL/Pahang
devil-home.blogspot.com
Yea, my bags are always by the side of the door on the footwell.
Or in the trunk. Never on the seats. I wonder if that BMW is some taller car and someone who are more angry, will he/she drive through and chase the motorcycle.
depending on what car you are driving, 1 of my friend who is driving a Getz, place the bag at footwell as well, at traffic light, kena sapu as well...basically the footwell area too near to the window

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
carry less valuable when going jalan jalan. bring only what you need......

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
depending on what car you are driving, 1 of my friend who is driving a Getz, place the bag at footwell as well, at traffic light, kena sapu as well...basically the footwell area too near to the window
Probably they saw where the bag was placed. Others most of the time on the seat is inviting trouble....

---------- Post added at 04:43 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 04:42 PM ----------

carry less valuable when going jalan jalan. bring only what you need......
Problem is ladies will be ladies, right? Carry less valuables also still have handbag....:biggrin:

l2s_turbo

1,000 RPM
Oct 23, 2004
Are we punishable if we ran them down after they snatch our items? Is it a crime? :hmmmm:

noorismadi

Known Member
Jun 17, 2013
Klang, Selangor
I'm a bit curious when i've finished watch the footage.. Is it a true event or it's just going to show that it is like a robbery..? One of the reason I say this is because of the behavior of drivers who pretends like there is nothing happens .. If me, for sure I will get out of the car even only for a little while after the incidents.. Or I'll stop by the road side after I make a turn after the traffic light turn green.. But if the driver is a lady, there's no doubt she will not do what I would do.. That's why she just drive as fast as she could to be back home or go to nearest police station..

What am I really trying to say is, there's some cases in which the victim was trying to make a fake robbery.. They make the robbery looks like it's a real robbery and after that they will go the police station to lodge a report.. I said this base on what i've heard before from a friend who works as a police officer..

And now for the safety side.. I think it a best idea if we could spend some money on the quality safety tint.. And for the ladies, please put your handbag under your feet while you are driving.. If you have been to police exhibition before, you will learn how to keep your belongings safe while you are driving..

This is only my 2 cents.. Hope nobody will get me wrong from what i've said...

---------- Post added at 06:16 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 06:14 PM ----------

are we punishable if we ran them down after they snatch our items? Is it a crime? :hmmmm:
yes it is...!!!

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Even is a crime of running them down, I wouldn't think I would be in trouble if i get to injured them and get them caught by public later on. As long I don't kill them I don't have much explanation to do. I'm just helping to stop the criminals.

Btw, it doesn't look fake to me, and this is Malaysia. Not many will do shits if anything happen to us. Not many but there are some
who would help but how many are willing to actually damage their car by ramming them down for you? Not many but I believe there
are many of us here in ZTH are willing to ram them down at any cost.

I always believe, if i can help and didnt help and let them off, it may happen to my loved ones or family or friends in future cuz these
heartless guys are still roaming free on the street to find more victims.

We should work together to reduce crime, not merely depending or blaming the police for not being there at the right time.
There is only so much a police can do. But if we citizens work together, we form a greater force.

noorismadi

Known Member
Jun 17, 2013
Klang, Selangor
Even is a crime of running them down, I wouldn't think I would be in trouble if i get to injured them and get them caught by public later on. As long I don't kill them I don't have much explanation to do. I'm just helping to stop the criminals.

Btw, it doesn't look fake to me, and this is Malaysia. Not many will do shits if anything happen to us. Not many but there are some
who would help but how many are willing to actually damage their car by ramming them down for you? Not many but I believe there
are many of us here in ZTH are willing to ram them down at any cost.

I always believe, if i can help and didnt help and let them off, it may happen to my loved ones or family or friends in future cuz these
heartless guys are still roaming free on the street to find more victims.

We should work together to reduce crime, not merely depending or blaming the police for not being there at the right time.
There is only so much a police can do. But if we citizens work together, we form a greater force.
It sooooo true brotha.. U can count me in to do that too.. I have an experience once.. Chase a man who snatch a lady handbag in front of my eyes.. When it's happen, I was on the other side of the road.. For your information the guy is riding a motorbike and so am I but I'm with my 2 years old nephew on the bike.. I quickly give a chase and almost got the guy but he got away at the T junction.. The traffic light was red that time.. I almost hit a car and luckily my nephew doesn't felt down from my motorbike.. If I got my hand on that man, he will be sorry for his entire life...

Yup, I agreed with U.. As a citizens it's our responsibility to work together to prevent crimes...:adore:

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Yup, was having a meeting with my area MP and ACP of police. One member ask if we were to corner a thief are we able to whack him. Even he answer as long as you don't kill him.....hahahahaha:biggrin::biggrin:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

It’s happening again, Proton has been approached a second time to see whether or not they are interested in selling their 63.75-percent share in Lotus. Again, there is no information about the new buyer and there still is no information regarding the first proposal.

Proton’s stock dropped by some 18-percent after their talks with Volkswagen ended, and this could be a reason why Proton might be interested...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience