Car thief prevention tips

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

stargate

Known Member
Oct 15, 2004
Originally posted by Izso+Jan 4 2005, 18:54 --></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Izso @ Jan 4 2005, 18:54 )</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-stargate@Dec 22 2004, 19:17
Aiyah, why my original post missing one. Anyway, I'll try to list them down again here.

(a) Park your car in a well lit area.

(B) Don't try to cover your valuables eg briefcase with a piece of cloth, cap etc. This will make the thief more curious and smash your side window. In other words, don't leave any valuable belongings in the car, boot included.

(c ) Be careful on suspicious people looking at your car when you park.

(d) Install a tilt sensor, so when your car is tow, your alarm will sound.

Remember, all alarms and gear, pedal, and steering locks can be disabled.

If you have any tips or suggestion, kindly put it here too.
Dude, how the heck do you disable the brake pedal lock like "stop lock"???? I got the pedal lock, used steering lock to lock gear and handbrake, bigass steering lock, immobilizer, normal proton alarm AND it's auto, so I always park with P gear.

Only way to steal my car is tow on all 4 wheels. Unfortunately that takes very little time to do too. Sigh.

Oh btw, the advice to people who park is to park with your front IN.. not reverse park. And park next to cars left and right so towing also is very hard. [/b][/quote]
I might be wrong, but from what I heard is that there is a "master" key to open the lock, something like those locks for gates (silver color) which comes in a set of 5.

Either that or they cut off one of the pedals. Not sure what tool they use though.

Yes, park in between cars seem to be a good idea :). Better still, park next to those luxurious cars eg BMW, Benz etc.

juzanormalguy

Known Member
Nov 28, 2004
i got a cd teaching you how to pick lock :P
from house gates to cars to engines
but dont get me wrong i never tried i didnt even learn before
and yes they got a master key and the master key looks like a L shape key
whats that key called again...alan key i think

daerrloong

Jan 6, 2005
more tips...

I'd think the basic security precaution to take is NOT to handover the whole bunch of car key, remote, emergency key, steering/brake lock key and etc. to anyone at all time. Instead, pass them your CAR KEY ONLY whenever you sent your car for servicing, repairs, jockey services, car wash and etc. By doing this, we might able minimise the chances of unauthorise duplication of the whole set of keys that can be use to steal the car later. If someone wants to steal a car (without much difficulties), by having a duplicate set of keys will be the easiest way to do it.

I normally will temporary deactivate the alarm system before passing over the key. Upon getting back the car key after servicing, repairs, etc., I will reactivate the alarm system.

Always practise good habit of locking your car (with alarm, immobilisers, steering/brake lock, etc.) whenever you park.

Hope this will help.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
How the supposed to cut off the pedal??? Especially the break pedal since it's one of the strongest parts of the car??

The L-shaped key is called an alan key, isn't a master key la. Master key for all keys and lock brands meh? I want to know how the heck these ppl get these keys to begin with? Next time buy unknown brand locks, unknown brand keys and unbreakable unknown brand locks and pads :P

juzanormalguy : WEi.. you CD up-to-date one or not? give me a copy la! I wanna see how the heck they do all this and mabbe customize my car to be theft-proof. :D

juzanormalguy

Known Member
Nov 28, 2004
whoops i meant that it looks like a alan key
L shape and 1 more wires kau tim
the cd dunno where my dad keep liao
scared i pakat wit ppl go steal car or break in house gua LoL :P
jkjk

Boink Boink

Known Member
Nov 18, 2003
Sometimes I have to park in quiet areas, commercial areas at night.

I usually pull the fuel pump fuse from the bonnet fuse box.

Alternatively you can try the starter fuse, but then they will be cranking all night.

The fuses are usually quite large capacity, so shances of them carrying a spare would be quite remote.

juzanormalguy

Known Member
Nov 28, 2004
honestly if we all share our views and tips in this forum....dont you guys think that the thieves might learn from us too?

sabelt

500 RPM
Dec 7, 2003
Petaling Jaya
Visit site
im sure the thives already did some research , to hack the code and stuff.... they are also smart..i think make your face and car look gangster is a good idea..

another idea for waja owners: spray white colour car and stick "BA" logo (bukit aman) logo behind.no need to waste money and install long-long antenna they will assume ure a cop ...heheheeh

stargate

Known Member
Oct 15, 2004
BA sticker, that's a good one. How about a "Polis" mailbox in front of your house. ;)

stargate

Known Member
Oct 15, 2004
Here's another tip.

Beware of suspicious people lurking around your house when you come out and open the gate. They can rob you at gun point and drove away your car.

jkn

Known Member
Jan 18, 2005
Originally posted by Izso@Jan 6 2005, 19:45
How the supposed to cut off the pedal??? Especially the break pedal since it's one of the strongest parts of the car??

The L-shaped key is called an alan key, isn't a master key la. Master key for all keys and lock brands meh? I want to know how the heck these ppl get these keys to begin with? Next time buy unknown brand locks, unknown brand keys and unbreakable unknown brand locks and pads :P

juzanormalguy : WEi.. you CD up-to-date one or not? give me a copy la! I wanna see how the heck they do all this and mabbe customize my car to be theft-proof. :D
They can cut the pedal lock with a battery powered vibra-saw. Takes some time, but can be done.

As for master keys, it does not work for all brands. But it comes in a set which will work for MOST locks. That's why there are some more expensive locking systems whereby they use propietary lock that's not so common. But ANY mass-produced lock can be by-passed. At the most, you can bribe a dealer to order replacement key (like in Gone in 60 Seconds).

You can buy from most locksmith actually. They're not supposed to sell you, but it's only money right? ;) For the standard keys like ignition and door-lock, you just need a few rake-bits and a hand powered rake.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

D1 Grand Prix Malaysia | Night - Danga Bay Johor Bahru

Round 2: D1 Grand Prix Malaysia | Night - Danga Bay Johor Bahru
D1GP Malaysia Rnd2 - Qualifying
Date: April 22 2006
Judges...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience