Bad Vibration at 140km/h

seviates

Nov 4, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
Hi Guys,

i would be sending my putra to the workshop today and i would need some advise.

recently, car started to smoke and ended i changed my wheel bearing and the disc on the left hand side cause it jam
before that 2 days , i changed clutch pressure plate and its other part.
the mechanic said my driveshaft going to kong soon and right hand side disc is bent.
and on the highway recently, i shot up to 140km/h and the whole driver door started to vibrate and wobble very badly ( it neva wobbled even at 200km/h b4 this), now its getting worst.
i sent to mechanic who mentioned the front engine mounting is not centered and the gap is wide on the left where the mount is.
he mentioned the mountpad on the left was just welded back since i changed from auto to manual.
i have changed engine mounting twice and issue reoccurs.
i have read previous similar topics like changing the bushes and i would like to get some feedback.
there is also a sound from the front right wheel like theres metal friction when driving
but when jack up the car and spin the wheels theres no sound
i'm going crazy cause the car dont feel nice anymore, thanks peeps

DanzEterna

Nov 1, 2007
PJ
www.primeperdanaclub.com
symtoms of drive shaft - vibrates from standstill up to 80kmh.
engine mounting - engine idling will vibrate.
disc could be skimmed once only...that also depends on how many layers is skimmed.
suspect your jammed brake piston...

ShamBlur

Known Member
Jan 1, 2006
1st thing to do is make sure all your nuts are bolted tight by hand.. coz from my own experience nut tightened using air gun sometimes not so tight.. my rolla last time after a long winding and hard driving tend to loosen the right cv nut(causing noise and vibration).. had to ask my mech to tighten it by hand then presto my problem was gone... even if change tyre if use hand to tighten is a lot better than machine...

feezdya

1,500 RPM
Aug 3, 2006
Pee Jay
www.takaful-ikhlas.com.my
what rim are you using? could be centre ring..this happen to my skyline as well..bushing, mounting, tires etc all checked but still couldnt find the problem...then after i change back to my old rim, the vibration problem solve...only that i noticed front (R) centre ring is missing...

(fyi, my new 18" TE37 rim required centre ring and my old LMGT2 no need the said ring)

seviates

Nov 4, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
thanks alot guys...
the mechanic mentioned its the mount pad.
they found absorber mounting is cracked, changed 2 engine mounting points,
and they found the drive shaft both K.O ( makes alot of noise)
changed that and also few more smaller parts.spent 1.2k
they checked the wheel bearings and said its ok, i will collect the car today
and will get them to check the centre ring ( its some normal sports rim i guess)

---------- Post added at 10:17 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 10:15 AM ----------

ohh yeaa that jammed brake piston is prime suspect, will be test driving and will update..thx again

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi guys,

My car is currently having some problems after I changed from superstrut to adjustable absorbers.
The symptoms are:

1: Usually when I turn the steering wheel, it would return back. However when I fully turn the steering wheel, it won't return back to origin position.
2: Steering wheel vibrates when braking. Not so much when driving slowly. More so on high speed.
3: Steering wheel vibrates when over 130km/h.

After changing the absorbers, already done alignment. Is it...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience