Vibration during acceleration and braking

YYC

1,500 RPM
Dec 30, 2007
Kuala Lumpur
Hi what could possibly cause the vibration to Perdana V6 during acceleration and braking? The vibration is felt during mild acceleration as well as light braking only. No vibration is felt during hard driving and braking.
I have replaced the front brake set, both lower arms, as well as both driveshafts. It still happens. What else?

LesleyAprotto

Banned
Jun 16, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
Hi what could possibly cause the vibration to Perdana V6 during acceleration and braking? The vibration is felt during mild acceleration as well as light braking only. No vibration is felt during hard driving and braking.
I have replaced the front brake set, both lower arms, as well as both driveshafts. It still happens. What else?
Not very sure....

But i think it could be the...

(1) Engine mountings need replacement

(2) Gearbox mounting need replacement....

No harm checking....:listen:

YYC

1,500 RPM
Dec 30, 2007
Kuala Lumpur
erm disc brake?
Already replaced another set, skimmed. No effect.

Not very sure....

But i think it could be the...

(1) Engine mountings need replacement

(2) Gearbox mounting need replacement....

No harm checking....:listen:
Yes I think there is at least one engine mounting is gone.
Unbalanced tyres or dented rims.

And rotors skimmed? Or replaced?
Maybe tyre balancing problem , damaged wheel... need to check.
Yes rotors, calipers and pads have been replaced. Rotors skimmed. Problem remains.:confused:

Last edited:

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
perhaps tie rod/ tie rod end woth checking also....

including alignment/toe setting

headshot

Known Member
May 26, 2005
Malaysia
same with mine, while pick up from 70km/h my mech found that bearing at drive shaft is wrecked, changed the bearing not drive shaft problem solved

YYC

1,500 RPM
Dec 30, 2007
Kuala Lumpur
Just wanna update the progress.
I raised my car height by 20mm front and rear, the vibration has reduced in both circumstances. I think what my mech said was true, car height too low stressing some components like driveshaft causes some unpredictable problems like vibration etc.

spoon civic

Known Member
Jul 12, 2012
terengganu
I raised my car height by 20mm front and rear, the vibration has reduced in both circumstances. I think what my mech said was true, car height too low stressing some components like driveshaft causes some unpredictable problems like vibration etc.
means too lowered can cause vibration?hurm.....:stupid:...maybe....

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Yes, I had that problem too when I lowered my front. After change back to original height no more problem. This is due to the angle of the drive shaft, when lowered....

G221

Over 10,000 RPM!
Jan 15, 2004
KL
Have u checked your suspension bushings? Vibrations may occur from worn out bushings too.

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

1. I want more power and the engine is detonating! Do I need to run richer to eliminate the knock?

What is the optimum air-fuel ratio to run for best power?

I've heard racers say that we need to run a bit lean for best power - is this true?

Maybe. It's somewhat true that running a tad bit richer will help quench detonation (knock), but only to a certain extent. The stochiometric AF ratio for gasoline...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience