which 1 u prefer?dc5 integra,evo7 or z33 fairlady..

tofu_manic

1,000 RPM
Jan 11, 2007
still, if looked in every sense, E7 still win in all aspect
- Best driving position
- Best driving view
- Usability perfect as city and highway cruiser
- Engine respond and nimble entering/exiting corner
- Easy to tune compare to rx
- Anyone can drive (mom, dad, sister, wife.....this is bloody important factor!)
- AWD comes handy incase one of your family members drove it into mud or something

In simple, is a sedan version of pajero. And remember a video of E7 vs R35 in a touge ? what happened to the R35 ? heheh

PS: If really REALLY want to beat all these cars, buy a volvo and rechip....hahahahahahahahahahah
dont get me wrong, i think the e7 is great

sorry to say but many of ur statements are subjective, and are blanket statements

in every sense? wat about looks? subjective, will vary from person to person
best fc among all? u tested? this also varies according to driving styles/ stuff done
best driving position? subjective, it will vary from person to person (been fortunate enough to have some proper seat time in some of the cars mentioned, so bukan tin kosong onli)
e8 and s15 has 6 gears meaning a lower rev/quieter ride while cruising around town
engine respond the best? tested all mentioned? better than rev-happy na engine also?
easier to tune compared to rx makes it unbeatable in all aspects?
as for buying an expensive sports car to make sure their mom can drive it....erm....ok :biggrin:
as for being 4 doors, this is only a benefit to those who actually wants a 4 door car, but is 2 doors too many for those looking for a 2 door car :biggrin: so diff ppl diff priorities

try telling an evo owner to their face that they are driving an Pajero Sedan LoL see what they say/do to u

so u saw a video of an e7 beating an r35....hence it is unbeatable in all aspects? i saw a land cruiser trash an lamborghini on the straights so...............?

hehe had some free time on my hands

Cheers!

p.s. i have nothing against e7 which i think is a marvellous car in all conditions be it dry or wet

Last edited:

subcon

1,000 RPM
Apr 28, 2005
Turn 5
i can only comment on the DC5R and EVO7 because i used to own them both.

DC5R

+it looks great
+the fuel consumption is good
+it is relatively cheap to maintain compared to other turbo cars.
+it is a VERY fun car to drive on track (IMO i prefer it more than my EVO7)
+it has six gears
+the sound it makes when VTEC being engaged is out of this world.
+my DC5R rarely gives me problem
-its a two door coupe. so practicality might be an issue for some.
-not as fast as turbo car
-due to its NA nature it can be expensive to increase the hp

EVO7
+it is quicker than DC5 on straight line.
+it is a 4 door saloon 4WD rally car on the road
+i think its cheaper than DC5 on the market rite now. not sure about this
-the fuel consumption is high and to make things worst it has small petrol tank.
-it is an expensive car to maintain. gear box oil, AYC oil, etc need to be changed quite regularly
-the stock clutch is useless.
-IMO the turning radius is a joke compared to the DC5

these are the only things i can think as for now.

---------- Post added at 11:53 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 11:48 AM ----------

my friends have asked me which one you prefer. the DC5R or the EVO7. well to be honest for me the DC5R is the winner.

tofu_manic

1,000 RPM
Jan 11, 2007
last i remember e7 is about rm12x,xxx while dc5 is around 14x,xxx to 15x,xxx, where i am

nurburing

Known Member
Feb 21, 2010
Penang
Tofu,
- I have drove E7, E10, 180SX, MURANO and RX8 for 6months plus when I was in Langkawi
- I maintained all these cars, petrol, oil change etc for 6 months
- Tested these cars on various road

Am I qualified to post my opinion ? Do you posess the same experience as I, if so plz share, thank u.

PS: Dont simply assume who I am, I am just posting according to my driving experience of these cars, and my personal opinion based on practicality. My points of view is including buying them, owning them, maintaining them, letting family driving it and also it's performance on engine n handling. And I am not comparing modded cars, I am comparing based on stock factory setting, the thread starter ask such question and I am giving my opinion to them worth their money. Most ppl bought E7 did not heavy mod them, unless they are trained driver. And may I ask, why are you flaming me ?

---------- Post added at 12:35 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 12:17 PM ----------

i can only comment on the DC5R and EVO7 because i used to own them both.

DC5R

+it looks great
+the fuel consumption is good
+it is relatively cheap to maintain compared to other turbo cars.
+it is a VERY fun car to drive on track (IMO i prefer it more than my EVO7)
+it has six gears
+the sound it makes when VTEC being engaged is out of this world.
+my DC5R rarely gives me problem
-its a two door coupe. so practicality might be an issue for some.
-not as fast as turbo car
-due to its NA nature it can be expensive to increase the hp

EVO7
+it is quicker than DC5 on straight line.
+it is a 4 door saloon 4WD rally car on the road
+i think its cheaper than DC5 on the market rite now. not sure about this
-the fuel consumption is high and to make things worst it has small petrol tank.
-it is an expensive car to maintain. gear box oil, AYC oil, etc need to be changed quite regularly
-the stock clutch is useless.
-IMO the turning radius is a joke compared to the DC5

these are the only things i can think as for now.

---------- Post added at 11:53 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 11:48 AM ----------

my friends have asked me which one you prefer. the DC5R or the EVO7. well to be honest for me the DC5R is the winner.
Damn u are lucky to own both ! :smokin:

Last edited:

tofu_manic

1,000 RPM
Jan 11, 2007
Tofu,
- I have drove E7, E10, 180SX, MURANO and RX8 for 6months plus when I was in Langkawi
- I maintained all these cars, petrol, oil change etc for 6 months
- Tested these cars on various road

Am I qualified to post my opinion ? Do you posess the same experience as I, if so plz share, thank u.

PS: Dont simply assume who I am, I am just posting according to my driving experience of these cars, and my personal opinion based on practicality. My points of view is including buying them, owning them, maintaining them, letting family driving it and also it's performance on engine n handling. And I am not comparing modded cars, I am comparing based on stock factory setting, the thread starter ask such question and I am giving my opinion to them worth their money. Most ppl bought E7 did not heavy mod them, unless they are trained driver. And may I ask, why are you flaming me ?

---------- Post added at 12:35 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 12:17 PM ----------

Damn u are lucky to own both ! :smokin:
flame-inducing post deleted :biggrin:

solli mr. kendrick i feel no need to share y i noe this n that OR what im driving now :biggrin:

fact remains u gave blanket statements

good luck to TS!

nurburing

Known Member
Feb 21, 2010
Penang
why din answer me, did u drove all these cars above b4 ? no need owning them, just the experience.

tofu_manic

1,000 RPM
Jan 11, 2007
why din answer me, did u drove all these cars above b4 ? no need owning them, just the experience.
out of those mentioned by TS, ive driven the evo7,z33 on an autocross track

nothing to bangga about and i dont want to get into a penis-length-type argument here so ill just leave it at that

Cheers!

nurburing

Known Member
Feb 21, 2010
Penang
no la, your just cumming on urself, drive on autocross only.....ur autocross last 6 months of experience I see......

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
no la, your just cumming on urself, drive on autocross only.....ur autocross last 6 months of experience I see......
OMG.. the return of Kendrick Wong @ Samuel Wong @ SoYouThinkYouCanDrive and whatever.

You owned those cars for 6 months? Like how you owned a BMW and other continental cars that you claimed to have owned in other forums?

When are you ever going to grow up la? You're old enough to have half a brain to think already and yet you're still blowing water here there everywhere with your crap.

And do you know what are blanket statements? Let me break it down for you since you don't seem to be able to grasp the concept.

A blanket statement is a general statement that only you believe in and is based on your opinion which you're forcing on a whole shit load of other opinions and ideas. Meaning it's your assumption. Tofu was kind enough to point that out and yet you persist and choose to continue to try to shove shit down other peoples throats.

And between the DC5, E7 and Z33, I'd say buy the car that turns you on. No point listening to some kid who thinks he knows everything and continues to return to a forum that he's been banned from 3 to 4 times now even though he claims that the forum 'means nothing to him'.

Mie VR4

Known Member
Feb 27, 2007
Ipoh
THE GREAT DEALS ARE =

-mitsubishi lancer evolution 7..

Why?
= this sports sedan rally car was built by mitsubishi to bullied another sport car on the road..
Plz be attention guys.. The evo's are built not a 'poyo' car u know..huhu..
But, the evo's built based on quality.. Thts y, its call da monster on da road..

Voto for evo 7!!

Aggry me guys?:proud:

subcon

1,000 RPM
Apr 28, 2005
Turn 5
Aggry me guys?:proud:
did you mean angry? why should we be angry? you are entitled to your opinion...but i have also seen (and experienced) evo7 being bullied by other cars...:biggrin:

Last edited:

veilsideboyz

1,500 RPM
Oct 28, 2008
vote for evo 8..
my fren change DC5 to evo 8..
he said...REALLY BIG MUCH DIFFERENT !!
evo 8 damn 9 fast !!

bambino

Known Member
Oct 24, 2006
What I will suggest, to play safe and ensuring you can own the supercar, buy a 2nd evo7 and drives it like 3-5 yrs, maybe keep it or sell it.

I have drove other 2 doors JDM sportscar before, and as usual, regretted, coz it got the looks only, driving position is terrible, tiring, parking is hell!

Just get the E7 or any model of evolution, confirm no regret !

About the RX yes it is 1.3 liter only, but maintenance is like hell! If something wrong with your engine, u can prepare to change the whole engine n wait a few weeks/months for another one from japan which cost alot. IMHO RX7 is not reliable for the money you spend.

With evolution, driving is crispy, very direct n sharp handling, 4 doors to fetch your family or your in-laws, looks decent, ride height n driving sight is perfect. It's a perfect city-going-supercar without drawbacks in any point of view. And also not as noisy as the beasty subaru.

And to be frank, E7 more fuel saving than most other 2doors coupe sports car. And usablity is much better.
i beg to diff on ur words with the rx7 bro... if something is wrong with ANY engine... be prepared to rebuild.. not just the rx7... and even if ur engine blows u prob'ly still be able to drive the veh back to ur place or workshop... if a e7 z33 or dc5r blows can u drive it home? maintenance is hell if u look at it from the 1.3 liter point of view... but for the hp output or even if u convert the capacity to inline cc its ard there... yes it old... will have coughs and all but an evo at that age...it wont cough or catch a cold from time to time?? u try taking a myvi turbo charge it till it reaches abt 400 plus hp and race with an evo... thn u tell me the rx7 is not reliable for money....

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

to port and polish a mivec head,wat is the pro and cons??
local do not have a cnc machine to do pnp,bt i hav read frm a magazine there is another way to measuring the a/f is Cubic feet per minute(CFM).did local ppl do pnp by measuring the a/f??
i was told by a member that local people havn't reach to pro pnp standard yet.so how they do the pnp??just agak agak only ar?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience